Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Hutchinson - Modem Speeds

• 08-07-2012 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I have recently done some research on 3G and discovered that under my new package (60 gb one), I may be entitled to a better modem with subsequent greater download speeds.

I would just like to know the modem others using this package have and their speeds (Download, Upload, Ping)

I live in the west of Ireland and subsequently cannot gain access to landline broadband :/

Those who dont know their modem speed, go to speedtest.net and click start test.

I am sick of poor download speeds... it is crippling when one is using steam and attempting to install 5gb installation packages which have to be unzipped....

Also of note, I have had severe problems with my modem just stopping randomly connecting to the internet... It happens every 2-5 hours and is greatly frustrating... An installation file of 3 gb got corrupted and stopped downloading due to modem and internet just turning off (going red). The file had two packets and both got stopped short of their full download size.

Any insight on the modems speeds available under my package would be greatly appreciated

Comments

Advertisement