Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying AIB credit card bill online

Options
  • 08-07-2012 2:58am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

I'm currently away in Korea. I payed my credit card bill online to free up some credit as my Laser/Maestro does not work here. The money has been taken out of my current account, but it has not payed off my credit card. Why is this? When I go to check my recent transactions from my current account everything works fine, but when I try to view my recent transactions from my credit card, a technical error happens and I get logged out. Any help would be appreciated, I'm stuck for money here.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Andy!! wrote: »
    I'm currently away in Korea. I payed my credit card bill online to free up some credit as my Laser/Maestro does not work here. The money has been taken out of my current account, but it has not payed off my credit card. Why is this? When I go to check my recent transactions from my current account everything works fine, but when I try to view my recent transactions from my credit card, a technical error happens and I get logged out. Any help would be appreciated, I'm stuck for money here.

Usualy takes till close of Next business day to clear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

On a slightly similar note, I wonder if anyone can help me with a difficulty I'm having with paying an AIB credit card online. I want to pay off my daughter's AIB-issued Mastercard bill via BoI's online banking, but it won't recognise any of the three different account numbers AIB have provided:
    • NSC 93-02-96, acc. no. 99903412 (from the Giro payment slip at the bottom of her last statement)
    • NSC 93-01-13, acc. no. 99945304 (from the IBAN printed at the top of the same statement)
    • NSC 93-01-13, acc. no. 99900674 (given to me on the 'phone this afternoon, after 37 minutes on hold to a hapless trainee)
    What's odder still is that for several years I've been paying my own AIB VISA card bill (online from my BoI account) without any difficulty whatsoever using the first set of numbers. But I can't add this account as a payee now, for some reason.

I rang AIB's phone banking again, asked to be put through to a supervisor, explained about the discrepancies and the three failed attempts, and was advised that as a result of their new arrangements with BoI (?) I should no longer try to add the account as a 'Payee' for a normal domestic transfer, but instead use the 'Pay a bill' option. Needless to say, my own attempts (and a call to BoI's online banking) confirmed that this advice is incorrect also. I can set up payments to a BoI credit card bill, but not any other bank's (logically enough). A BoI online/phone banking agent tried to do it for me from his side, and the result was the same. He could only conclude that none of the above numbers is a valid account no.

Can anybody not working for AIB Card Services shed any light? Or know any of those jealously guarded email contact addresses that AIB won't give out to their, eh, customers? I certainly don't want to waste any more time talking to these dolts on the 'phone. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

peckerhead wrote: »
    Can anybody not working for AIB Card Services shed any light?

You can't set up online payment on BOI online banking for ANY of AiB credit cards by your self.
    Ring BOI online support and ask them to set up for you and it should be done straight away. (As a reference you have to provide AiB credit card number only)
    Then you have to wait for confirmation letter with an autorisation code posted to your address.
    Don't be suprised that payment details will be different,it works for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

A BoI online/phone banking agent tried to do it for me from his side, and the result was the same. He could only conclude that none of the above numbers is a valid account no.
    Maybe the guy in BoI doesn't know his job either, then... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip, anyway — I'll try again.

[Edit: finally got a slightly more competent agent who took the details down correctly and is posting out the activation code. Cheers!]

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Anybody finding that AIB online banking is down? Once I put in my registration number, it takes a long time to get to the check page, then when I enter the specific numbers it asks for, it says that there is a technical error. This has been going on two days now, is it happening to anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Murky Waters

Andy!! wrote: »
    Anybody finding that AIB online banking is down? Once I put in my registration number, it takes a long time to get to the check page, then when I enter the specific numbers it asks for, it says that there is a technical error. This has been going on two days now, is it happening to anybody else?
    It hasn't been available 24/7 for a number of years (if ever). It's not usually possible to log in between about 2.30am and 5.30am. (Come to think about it it might actually be 3.30am, but defo it isn't possible to login until 5.30am

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Hmm. That could be why. I live abroad so obviously I might be logging in at that time. Thanks. I will try it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

On a slightly similar note, I wonder if anyone can help me with a difficulty I'm having with paying an AIB credit card online. I want to pay off my daughter's AIB-issued Mastercard bill via BoI's online banking, but it won't recognise any of the three different account numbers AIB have provided:
    • NSC 93-02-96, acc. no. 99903412 (from the Giro payment slip at the bottom of her last statement)
    • NSC 93-01-13, acc. no. 99945304 (from the IBAN printed at the top of the same statement)
    • NSC 93-01-13, acc. no. 99900674 (given to me on the 'phone this afternoon, after 37 minutes on hold to a hapless trainee)
    What's odder still is that for several years I've been paying my own AIB VISA card bill (online from my BoI account) without any difficulty whatsoever using the first set of numbers. But I can't add this account as a payee now, for some reason.

I rang AIB's phone banking again, asked to be put through to a supervisor, explained about the discrepancies and the three failed attempts, and was advised that as a result of their new arrangements with BoI (?) I should no longer try to add the account as a 'Payee' for a normal domestic transfer, but instead use the 'Pay a bill' option. Needless to say, my own attempts (and a call to BoI's online banking) confirmed that this advice is incorrect also. I can set up payments to a BoI credit card bill, but not any other bank's (logically enough). A BoI online/phone banking agent tried to do it for me from his side, and the result was the same. He could only conclude that none of the above numbers is a valid account no.

Can anybody not working for AIB Card Services shed any light? Or know any of those jealously guarded email contact addresses that AIB won't give out to their, eh, customers? I certainly don't want to waste any more time talking to these dolts on the 'phone. :mad:

To be honest, I don't think your problem is with AIB, but with your own bank. How are they supposed to know what data your bank requires you to enter? I no longer have an account with BOI, so can't check it, but with AIB online, to pay a BOI card, all I choose is "Pay a bill", "New Credit Card" and then enter the credit card number. Not sure why you need to go messing around with the various account numbers:confused:

Advertisement