Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mosney will it ever reopen

• 08-07-2012 5:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Seen on a fb page this might reopen but nothing online or anywhere. Do you think there's a chance this will open down the line? Are the refugees out of it now. Would provide much needed employment at these hard times.

Thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Conor_Sammon

In what way would it provide employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Thoughts?
    Well it's 5.25 am on my clock at the moment & I'm awake with a nose running like a tap & a raw throat. Hay fever is a bitch.
    What I can't understand though is how my nose is completely blocked one minute & then the next I have more mucus bubbling out of my nose than a two year old.
    My thoughts are not happy ones at this hour, but thanks for asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Thoughts?
    Well it's 5.25 am on my clock at the moment & I'm awake with a nose running like a tap & a raw throat. Hay fever is a bitch.
    What I can't understand though is how my nose is completely blocked one minute & then the next I have more mucus bubbling out of my nose than a two year old.

Christ that sounds unbearable, have you any treatments on hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Because it'd need staff... Seriously, was not hat not obvious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AceHole

Thoughts?

You gotta learn to suck it up kid, Grin and bear it. I once rescued a Turkish princess from the dungeons of muammar gaddafi in between dental appointments.

After being airdropped by my trusty sidekick, I entered via the sewers where I encountered a nation of rat human hybrids calling themselves the shlongshlurpers.

I tried to explain to them that this name may stand in their way of any chance of acceptance in the world above, but they ostracised me so hard I was blown out of the dungeon jailers personal toilet.

I broke my spine from the impact of hitting the ceiling only to land on the jailers balls killing him instantly. Using my experience of tantric yoga I managed to centre myself and realigned my spine using a trick I picked up from my time playing theme hospital.

Picking the keys off the jailers belt I went into the cells, where I found the princess.

She was vastly disappointing, I wasn't prepared for the moustache but I had come this far. My back was throbbing as I explained that I was there to rescue her, after a short session of lovemaking we made our escape.

The front door of the dungeon was heavily barred but by bracing my legs against the frame and using a well timed pelvic trust I managed to punch a not quite insubstantial hole in the metal door.

They were waiting for us outside, and opened fire using AK-47's. I managed to evade most of the bullet storm by using my own over inflated opinion of myself as a sort of deflector. But alas, I took one in the head and started to die.

Such was the universes grief at my imminent passing that the attackers where suddenly smitten by the almighty. They were killed by a hail of righteous tabernacles.

Thankfully the Princess knew a lot about head and she gave me a good going over, managing to remove the offending article. She cauterised the wound with her secretions and after a brief session of foot worship we were off again, moving towards the barracks and hopefully, a vehicle.

The barracks was teaming with soldiers and what's worse they were expecting us. They overwhelmed our position and just when it seemed all was lost it hit me. If I could just find a way to distract them long enough to make a break for the nearby helicopter, I would be home free.

There was only one thing for it, but it was something I swore I would never do again. Well it was do or die, and I had already died once that day, So I grabbed two grains of sand and flicked them both towards the enemy position.

It was a trick I had learned in China from the grandmaster of 'The way of the chicken ball'. The sand grains collided over head, and such was the spin I put on them that the atoms split causing a mini atomic explosion. Nothing major, but enough to buy us some time.

It was enough, No sooner had the dirty sand bomb went off in the enemy's faces than we made for the chopper. Using a technique known to the SAS as 'Dropping the hand' I managed to get her going and as her parts groaned to life I decided to start the chopper.

By the time we got back to the US airbase The princess was already heavily pregnant with quintuplets. She pleaded with me to stay with her and raise our kids but I just couldn't settle down.

I told her if I was to give up my life as an intergalactic space adventurer than the thetans would win the war for sure. Thankfully she swallowed every last drop and I was off the hook.

I was re-located to London the following day, where I was introduced to the man who invented bigotry and the Irish.

He told me his harrowing tale of how his creations had gotten out of hand, and set me my next assignment code named Cromwells Boot.

but that's another adventure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I read that as 'in what way would it provide ENJOYMENT and agreed!

Besides the yellow spinny yoke that made ya feel sick, it wasn't great...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Thoughts?

Christ that sounds unbearable, have you any treatments on hand?
    Yeah, pollen is just high so Im suffering.
    I can only breath through my nose so my mouth is like an Arabs sandal & has a strange coating on it. It's like I was drinking last night even though I wasn't.
    Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Is it it still in use by the rfugees?

I loved Mosney :o Was there every year with the Community Games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Everyone has either seen a shit floating in the pool, or has a mate that has seen a shit floating in the pool.

Me, I have a mate who saw one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

In before Biggins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Sky King wrote: »
    Everyone has either seen a shit floating in the pool, or has a mate that has seen a shit floating in the pool.

They were fake plastic shits released by the staff to maintain legendary status.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Oh yeah. Radiohead had a song about that didnt they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

AceHole wrote: »
    You gotta learn to suck it up kid, Grin and bear it. I once rescued a Turkish princess from the dungeons of muammar gaddafi in between dental appointments.

After being airdropped by my trusty sidekick, I entered via the sewers where I encountered a nation of rat human hybrids calling themselves the shlongshlurpers.

I tried to explain to them that this name may stand in their way of any chance of acceptance in the world above, but they ostracised me so hard I was blown out of the dungeon jailers personal toilet.

I broke my spine from the impact of hitting the ceiling only to land on the jailers balls killing him instantly. Using my experience of tantric yoga I managed to centre myself and realigned my spine using a trick I picked up from my time playing theme hospital.

Picking the keys off the jailers belt I went into the cells, where I found the princess.

She was vastly disappointing, I wasn't prepared for the moustache but I had come this far. My back was throbbing as I explained that I was there to rescue her, after a short session of lovemaking we made our escape.

The front door of the dungeon was heavily barred but by bracing my legs against the frame and using a well timed pelvic trust I managed to punch a not quite insubstantial hole in the metal door.

They were waiting for us outside, and opened fire using AK-47's. I managed to evade most of the bullet storm by using my own over inflated opinion of myself as a sort of deflector. But alas, I took one in the head and started to die.

Such was the universes grief at my imminent passing that the attackers where suddenly smitten by the almighty. They were killed by a hail of righteous tabernacles.

Thankfully the Princess knew a lot about head and she gave me a good going over, managing to remove the offending article. She cauterised the wound with her secretions and after a brief session of foot worship we were off again, moving towards the barracks and hopefully, a vehicle.

The barracks was teaming with soldiers and what's worse they were expecting us. They overwhelmed our position and just when it seemed all was lost it hit me. If I could just find a way to distract them long enough to make a break for the nearby helicopter, I would be home free.

There was only one thing for it, but it was something I swore I would never do again. Well it was do or die, and I had already died once that day, So I grabbed two grains of sand and flicked them both towards the enemy position.

It was a trick I had learned in China from the grandmaster of 'The way of the chicken ball'. The sand grains collided over head, and such was the spin I put on them that the atoms split causing a mini atomic explosion. Nothing major, but enough to buy us some time.

It was enough, No sooner had the dirty sand bomb went off in the enemy's faces than we made for the chopper. Using a technique known to the SAS as 'Dropping the hand' I managed to get her going and as her parts groaned to life I decided to start the chopper.

By the time we got back to the US airbase The princess was already heavily pregnant with quintuplets. She pleaded with me to stay with her and raise our kids but I just couldn't settle down.

I told her if I was to give up my life as an intergalactic space adventurer than the thetans would win the war for sure. Thankfully she swallowed every last drop and I was off the hook.

I was re-located to London the following day, where I was introduced to the man who invented bigotry and the Irish.

He told me his harrowing tale of how his creations had gotten out of hand, and set me my next assignment code named Cromwells Boot.

but that's another adventure....

Got anymore of that Acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

etc etc....

Nice first post
    Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

It never closed. That place is a great laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Do they still have all the attractions for them to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Jester252 wrote: »
    Do they still have all the attractions for them to use?

That would be so cool if they did.

I would love it to re-open , id like to show my kids what my childhood holidays were like, just so they can re-think their " Im Bored" rants while sitting on a sunbed in the med playing with their ipods while complaining about the bad Wi-Fi signal.

Don't know their born !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Reopen????????????

Sure it's black in there at the minute!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if you think back it was a bit of a kip, the only redeeming thing about the place was getting served drink in dan lowerys aged 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

That will never open up again, at the moment it is full of refugees....like where would they put them all? It would cost millions to do the place up,it's in a right state.

I have great memories of the place though..pity it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

It was enough, No sooner had the dirty sand bomb went off in the enemy's faces than we made for the chopper. Using a technique known to the SAS as 'Dropping the hand' I managed to get her going and as her parts groaned to life I decided to start the chopper

Trent?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

nope i wouldnt say so,mosney was a joke anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Sky King wrote: »

That was never sh|t.

We used to throw in Lion Bars and then watch outside through those now I come to think of it, pervert windows on the outside of the pool ! :(

Advertisement