Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year ago today STS-135

Options
  • 08-07-2012 7:20am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's been a year since the last Shuttle launch STS-135. The silence over the Kennedy Space Center ever since has been depressing. Still looking to the future and hoping for great things to come.

92406528.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Hard to think its been a year, Channel 4 online have a hour log shuttle special! It's good to watch you can log in with facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭12april1981

I think-hope the future looks a lot brighter today,then this day last year.Space-x has flown,Liberty (with two very proninent Irish American ex Astronauts at the helm) will soon fly and Orion is at KSC.Has Space -x announced a new mission-launch date yet ?

0099o.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

I think-hope the future looks a lot brighter today,then this day last year.Space-x has flown,Liberty (with two very proninent Irish American ex Astronauts at the helm) will soon fly and Orion is at KSC.Has Space -x announced a new mission-launch date yet ?

Sep 24 is the current scheduled date for the Dragon C3 flight so fingers crossed on that. I agree things look a lot better than the dark days of just one year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

This is to cheer up Mr Beeker. (Although I am sure he has seen it before.)

http://idealab.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/say-hello-to-your-new-space-shuttle-replacement.php

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Rubecula wrote: »
    This is to cheer up Mr Beeker. (Although I am sure he has seen it before.)

http://idealab.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/say-hello-to-your-new-space-shuttle-replacement.php
    Can't wait!!!! Thanks:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement