Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Cashsave account being converted to Current account?

Options
  • 08-07-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've had a Cashsave account with AIB since primary school (too long ago), I got a letter recently saying they were ending this service and that my cashsave account had to be converted to a Current account.

A few of years back they had a promotion about a free current account so I enquired about converting, the lovely lady in customer service said it wouldn't be worth doing and would cost me a lot more in the end, so I stayed put.

I'd like to know if I should let this happen or change either my account or bank?

BTW I only use this account as a feeder account, I use it for my wages and some direct debits, I have other savings accounts etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

if you are unhappy - move

(its a bit of hassle changing bank accounts for Direct Debits/Standing orders and random payments ...but if you are unhappy ... its best to take your business elsewhere ...let the bank know your reasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Corkbah wrote: »
    if you are unhappy - move

(its a bit of hassle changing bank accounts for Direct Debits/Standing orders and random payments ...but if you are unhappy ... its best to take your business elsewhere ...let the bank know your reasons)

Not unhappy, just want to know if I'd be better off changing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As of today. Your account IS a current account attracting charges from today. Have a look at how much credits and dd are charges at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Get you account in order to switch and go to someone else, AIB are fast becoming quite ridiculous in the way they treat their customers.

The new account type will incur endless charges and will be much more expensive to keep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement