Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof & Washable Dog Bed/Pillow - where?

• 08-07-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Am looking to get two washable and waterproof dog beds or pillows. Have had a look at some of the online sites like Zooplus and they seem expensive. I'd need two large ones (for a Labrador and Norwegian Elkhound) and most are €80 at least. I'd prefer to be trying to get the two for that price!

Anyone recommend any good sites that offer good value?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have you tried a dog show?
    I saw great trampoline type beds (frame with suspended fabric) that were very tough and hard wearing, fully washable too, they were cheap too, but can't remember price, but remember thinking it was a great price.
    Couple selling them had two Harlequin Danes demonstrating, they said they go to all the big shows. They had loads of great doggie stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I posted this in A&P bargain alerts the other day - http://www.zooplus.be/ currently have 20% off accessories! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Am looking to get two washable and waterproof dog beds or pillows. Have had a look at some of the online sites like Zooplus and they seem expensive. I'd need two large ones (for a Labrador and Norwegian Elkhound) and most are €80 at least. I'd prefer to be trying to get the two for that price!

I have three of these http://www.zooplus.be/shop/chiens/corbeilles_paniers_chien/corbeille_chien/coussin_outdoor_chien/147675
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/mattress_dog_beds/129431#more
    2 in red 1 in brown. They are three years old and still fab! I Hoover them every week and look brand new! I got the middle size 120cm. Each dog has their own but usually two will fit into together. They are water and stain resistant and every part is fully washable. I was so cheeky I went to petstop to look at beds they were €135 each and then ordered them from zooplus. Check out the customer photos under product desciption lol! There are non branded versions which IMHO are just as good as I have one of those too for when I foster/mind dogs
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/mattress_dog_beds/129361[url][/url]

I actually have 2 from zooplus - this one (that's my guy in the second last pic lol) and
    this one
    The second one is worn around the edges from us dragging it out and putting it down for him so lets in a bit of water and the first one is collects a big puddle of water which my dog always wants to drink lol but apart from that no probs with either of them.

On zooplus look under the "hygenic" dog beds - they don't have them all in the waterproof section for some reason:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

tk123 wrote: »
    I actually have 2 from zooplus - this one (that's my guy in the second last pic lol) and
    this one
    The second one is worn around the edges from us dragging it out and putting it down for him so lets in a bit of water and the first one is collects a big puddle of water which my dog always wants to drink lol but apart from that no probs with either of them.

On zooplus look under the "hygenic" dog beds - they don't have them all in the waterproof section for some reason:rolleyes:

How long do you have the trampoling style one, going to get one of these for my lad aswell.

• Advertisement

RubyGirl wrote: »
    How long do you have the trampoling style one, going to get one of these for my lad aswell.

2 years now and still going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

tk123 wrote: »
    I posted this in A&P bargain alerts the other day - http://www.zooplus.be/ currently have 20% off accessories! ;)

How long is this offer on does it say? Get paid next week and was going to pick up the beds then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭dmg10

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hi folks,

http://www.cozies.net/

Use one for my two (bought years ago for a previous dog but didn't use it until recently- the company was in Ireland as Celtic Cozies). They're in the UK now. Tough material, it's in their kennel, can be hosed down. Don't know what the products are like now but worth looking at maybe.

Or maybe not...just looked at their prices for large...think I only paid 40 or 50eur back then for a med/large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I Know you can buy/order covers separate to the insides of the beds ( the expensive bit) at Irish Rosette Pet Shop & kennels on the old Dublin Belfast Road.It DRAMATICALLY reduces the price. Then I just zip them open& stuff them up with dunnes stores pillows; cheap; and machine washable without going funny like the dogbed insides usually do.

They stock those waterproof beds too ; might be worth dropping outto check them out. They don't suggest that youbuy the cover only but you can!!!( for others atleast)

Never got round to getting these and am looking at ordering now. Could anyone recommend any of the Zooplus sites or anywhere that has offers on at the minute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What about large plastic dog beds with vet bed in them, vet bed can be put in the machine but for such big dogs you'd either have to cut them down to size and use a few in the bed or you can also power wash them instead, they're quick to dry.

What about large plastic dog beds with vet bed in them, vet bed can be put in the machine but for such big dogs you'd either have to cut them down to size and use a few in the bed or you can also power wash them instead, they're quick to dry.

Nah, I'd prefer to get an actual bed for each of them. Anyone with any ideas? Should have both back when this thread was up I know. Seems the beds were alot cheaper then.

Advertisement