Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPhone 3gs bad battery

• 08-07-2012 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi guys.Just noticed recently that my 3gs battery is not holding the charge well at all.Im in kildare and wondered is there anywhere close by where i could pick up a replacement?Thanks guys..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

get one on syncron for about 5 euro, i've ordered from them a few times and delivery is very quick

http://www.syncron.ie/HIGH_CAPACITY_INTERNAL_BATTERY_FOR_iPHONE_3Gs_p/74g.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

I was replacing a bad battery in a 3GS last week, I bought a replacement battery, I also had to do a restore, to 5.1.1, kept getting error 29, I then put the bad battery back in and restored ok, jailbroke and was already on iPad baseband, it's a 3GS new bootrom, the battery seemed to charge better after the restore and works, but shuts off a couple of times a day.

Does anybody know if I now with the 3GS running will I have a problem if I now put it into the 3GS, don't want to pull it all apart again to find some f-up because it ain't apple oem, I bought it from above shop^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Jesus that dont sound good.I just replaced my own and plugged it in to charge the last hour but the indicator aint going up at all.Hmmm wonder are these bad batteries.:confused:

Mines on the last hour and still no progress in charge.Surely that aint right.It comes on after 5 mins with the oem while plugged in..

• Advertisement

are you sure everything is connected properly? check it again to make sure, maybe the screen ribbon isn't sitting right or something silly like that

guil wrote: »
    are you sure everything is connected properly? check it again to make sure, maybe the screen ribbon isn't sitting right or something silly like that
    Positive i just inserted the old one and shes running perfect friend.Must be a faulty 1..

Just noticed the replacement battery is APN 616-0435 while the original is APN616-0433..Would this make any difference to an early batch 3gs?Thanks again for the help...

i think its just the newer 3gs' that have the problem but that sounds like a faulty battery

Advertisement