Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 & Applying for PR

Options
  • 08-07-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

So I heard that with the recent changes in immigration law, you can apply for PR immediately once you're on a 457 Visa.

I have tried to find more info online but can't so wanted to see if anyone here was aware of this change?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Gerbud wrote: »
    So I heard that with the recent changes in immigration law, you can apply for PR immediately once you're on a 457 Visa.

I have tried to find more info online but can't so wanted to see if anyone here was aware of this change?

Thanks in advance!

Did you hear that through a reputable migration agent or some guy in a pub? It sounds like rubbish to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Gerbud wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

You've always been able to apply for PR immediately once you're on a 457 visa. In fact you are able to apply for PR before getting a 457 visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

mod closing thread. There is a sticky about PR and there is also a thread about new rule changes (http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056686214?page=1) . As mentioned you could always apply for PR if you had a 457.
    Please have a read of the two threads to find out info

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement