Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing knots - internal doors

• 08-07-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at this today. A friends house. Internal doors were painted approx 2 yrs ago ( satinwood white ) and this problem started and gradually worsened. Seemsbe at a level for a while now with no apparent worsening. Am going to repaint so just looking for any recommendations before I start; a stain block perhaps ? is it necessary to sand ? Any solid advice appreciated

IMG_1485Large.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dodzy wrote: »
    Looking at this today. A friends house. Internal doors were painted approx 2 yrs ago ( satinwood white ) and this problem started and gradually worsened. Seemsbe at a level for a while now with no apparent worsening. Am going to repaint so just looking for any recommendations before I start; a stain block perhaps ? is it necessary to sand ? Any solid advice appreciated

IMG_1485Large.jpg

A small tin of this stuff (BIN Primer/sealer) applied to the knots,and you will be fine.:)

Zinsser BIN can an be overpainted after 15 minutes too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

paddy147 wrote: »
    A small tin of this stuff (BIN Primer/sealer) applied to the knots,and you will be fine.:)

Zinsser BIN can an be overpainted after 15 minutes too.:)

Thx Paddy,

readily available in paint suppliers or is it hard to get hands on ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dodzy wrote: »
    Thx Paddy,

readily available in paint suppliers or is it hard to get hands on ?

Any paint suppliers/trade paint shop should have it.:)

I got it in Fleetwood Trade Paints up in Finglas...they sell to the public,as do allmost all paint trade shops.:)

Advertisement