Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

season 3 week 16 results

Options
  • 08-07-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Jacob Agreeable Crossbones

redskins 38-ravens 24

stats to come later

puts the redskins 9-6 still in the hunt for a wildcard spot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Beat the jags 28-13 to go 10-5. Hopefully that's enough for a wildcard spot. Had to restart once as I chose the wrong playbook by mistake. Didn't play any of the game and quit as soon as I got in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ A very snow Jets.

Titans receive first but have to punt and the Jets score.

Some more punting then the Titans score.

Jets score another TD, Titans have a quick 3 and out.

7-14 but the Jets arent done and Gore gets a TD with just under a minute left.

Titans try to kick a FG but dont make it.

7-21 Jets @ HT

Jets force their own 3 and out with their cold hands not catching anything :D

Finley then gets in for a TD

14-21 Jets

KO Return!

14-28 Jets

Titans Punt and jets get a FG

14-31 Jets

Titans get a TD due to some crazy D line movements!

21-31 Jets

Jets Offense forces a punt again :D
    Titans move it and get a TD

28-31 Jets with 2:40 left

Jets move it well to force the Titans to use their TOs

Some Stats:

Titans with 368 yards of offense and 68 rushing
    Jets with 298 yards of offense and 185 rushing

Schaub with a rating of 155, 17 from 23, 329 yards, 3 TDs 0 Ints
    Rodgers with a rating of 105 with 6 from 15, 109 yards, 2 TDs

MJD gets 60 yards against a stingy Jets D but gets a TD
    Gore gets a solid 128 from 15 carries and a TD

Finley gets himself 137 yards from 6 catches and 2 TDs,
    Breaston has his best game ever for the Titans against his old team 117 yards off 3 catches and 1 TD

DHB gets 85 yards from 3 catches and 2 TDs

Plax gets no catches or TDs :cool:

2 fumbles by the Titans recovered by the Titans.

Score was a lot closer than it should have been,there were a few passes that on another day would have picked picked off by the Jets D. Also passes to the Jets WRs were hauled in and then dropped.

Good chatting Berty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep that game was a good laugh. You were so right when you said the Jets were unable to catch anything with the cold !

Made some terrible mistakes which Titans capitalized on. Worst mistake was where I was putting my RE in QB contaijn only to mistakenly put him in man coverage on the slot receiver on the other side. As he was waddling his way over to the wrong side MJD ran left where he should have been for the long TD.

Great chatting !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Report to come later, but I was removed from the game at the start of the 4th by a network timeout while up 21, but a TD was imminent for the Chiefs (inside my 10) and for whatever reason the score was kept as the result (maybe Darbey chose to keep the score, would've preferred if we could replay). A damn shame, absolute SHOOTOUT, apart from one punt by me and a short stretch in which 3 straight interceptions were thrown the defenses may as well not have bothered showing up. The scoring summary is comical.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Beat the cardinals earlier on to keep things interesting in the NFC West.

Between Seahawks and Cards now.

• Advertisement

Part 2 of this derby clash. There was little wind in the coliseum for today's clash so a shootout was expected. The Raiders won the toss and elected to kick

Quarter 1
    On the first play from scrimmage, Storm Foreman dropped an interception, right through his hands. Then Addai was stuffed. On the third play James Jones was hit for a 68 yard touchdown after a failed attempt to bat it down by Usama Young. 7-0 Chiefs

On the next series the Raiders worked their way down the field but had to settle for a 33 yard field goal. 7-3 Chiefs

For the Chiefs the next drive was a ton of first downs and eventually a 22 yard TD pass to James Jones. 14-3 Chiefs

Quarter 2
    After a few good passing plays Greg Olsen got open for a 24 yard TD reception. 14-10 Chiefs

On the next drive the Chiefs were finally stopped and Reggie Bush returned a punt 21 yards to our 43. On the next play Johnny Knox caught a 57 yard TD pass. 17-14 Raiders

On the next drive the Chiefs worked their way down the field with ease once again, but were stopped on 3rd and 1 at the 8 to force a field goal. 17-17

The Raiders worked their way down the field as the quarter was coming to a close and Matt Hill ran in from 4 yards out with 35 seconds left in the half. 24-17 Raiders

All the Raiders had to do was not give up a big play, but James Jones caught an 80 yard TD pass after Usama Young again appeared to not know what was going on. 24-24

Not to worry, as Johnny Knox caught a 78 yard TD pass. 31-24 Raiders

Then Vince Young committed a cardinal sin. He threw a pick with 8 seconds left. I was in prevent and he threw it to Lawrence Timmons who just got in front of Tony Gonzalez. On the next play we had one endzone shot and Louis Murphy made it count with a 23 yard TD grab. 28 points in 35 seconds, crazy. 38-24 Raiders as the half ended.

Quarter 3
    To open the quarter Johnny Knox caught an 80 yard touchdown catch. 45-24 Raiders

The Chiefs responded with an 83 yard touchdown throw to James Jones. 45-31 Raiders

On the next drive the Raiders had to punt after recovering a Matt Hill fumble at the 9. However the Chiefs threw an interception to Lawrence Timmons, who actually looks like a defensive tackle when wearing black. On the next play Matt Hill threw to Ed Reed for a user pick. On the next play Vince Young threw one to Storm Foreman.

Soon enough Johnny Knox caught a 41 yard TD pass. 52-31

Quarter 4
    The Chiefs got into my redzone at the start of the quarter but a network timeout ended the game, and for whatever reason the result stood.

52-31 FT

This game made a mockery of the very idea of defense.

Stats:
    Vince Young 423 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs, 16 of 23 completed.
    Matt Hill 471 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 13 of 21 completed.

Joseph Addai 16 runs for 83 yards. Vince Young 3 runs for 26 yards.
    Matt Hill 2 runs for 21 yards and a TD.

James Jones with 6 catches for 272 yards and 4 TDs. Tony Gonzalez with 7 catches for 104 yards. Carillon with 1 catch for 33 yards. Baldwin with one catch for 11 yards.

Johnny Knox had 4 catches for 256 yards and 4 TDs. Greg Olsen had 7 catches for 163 yards and a TD. Louis Murphy had 2 catches for 52 yards and a TD.

Montra Haynes had a sack, Lawrence Timmons had 2 interceptions and Storm Foreman had 1 interception.

The Chiefs made a staggering 13 tackles, Bart Scott getting a sack and forced fumble while Ed Reed had an interception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

matthew8 wrote: »
    Part 2 of this derby clash. There was little wind in the coliseum for today's clash so a shootout was expected. The Raiders won the toss and elected to kick

Quarter 1
    On the first play from scrimmage, Storm Foreman dropped an interception, right through his hands. Then Addai was stuffed. On the third play James Jones was hit for a 68 yard touchdown after a failed attempt to bat it down by Usama Young. 7-0 Chiefs

On the next series the Raiders worked their way down the field but had to settle for a 33 yard field goal. 7-3 Chiefs

For the Chiefs the next drive was a ton of first downs and eventually a 22 yard TD pass to James Jones. 14-3 Chiefs

Quarter 2
    After a few good passing plays Greg Olsen got open for a 24 yard TD reception. 14-10 Chiefs

On the next drive the Chiefs were finally stopped and Reggie Bush returned a punt 21 yards to our 43. On the next play Johnny Knox caught a 57 yard TD pass. 17-14 Raiders

On the next drive the Chiefs worked their way down the field with ease once again, but were stopped on 3rd and 1 at the 8 to force a field goal. 17-17

The Raiders worked their way down the field as the quarter was coming to a close and Matt Hill ran in from 4 yards out with 35 seconds left in the half. 24-17 Raiders

All the Raiders had to do was not give up a big play, but James Jones caught an 80 yard TD pass after Usama Young again appeared to not know what was going on. 24-24

Not to worry, as Johnny Knox caught a 78 yard TD pass. 31-24 Raiders

Then Vince Young committed a cardinal sin. He threw a pick with 8 seconds left. I was in prevent and he threw it to Lawrence Timmons who just got in front of Tony Gonzalez. On the next play we had one endzone shot and Louis Murphy made it count with a 23 yard TD grab. 28 points in 35 seconds, crazy. 38-24 Raiders as the half ended.

Quarter 3
    To open the quarter Johnny Knox caught an 80 yard touchdown catch. 45-24 Raiders

The Chiefs responded with an 83 yard touchdown throw to James Jones. 45-31 Raiders

On the next drive the Raiders had to punt after recovering a Matt Hill fumble at the 9. However the Chiefs threw an interception to Lawrence Timmons, who actually looks like a defensive tackle when wearing black. On the next play Matt Hill threw to Ed Reed for a user pick. On the next play Vince Young threw one to Storm Foreman.

Soon enough Johnny Knox caught a 41 yard TD pass. 52-31

Quarter 4
    The Chiefs got into my redzone at the start of the quarter but a network timeout ended the game, and for whatever reason the result stood.

52-31 FT

This game made a mockery of the very idea of defense.

Stats:
    Vince Young 423 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs, 16 of 23 completed.
    Matt Hill 471 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 13 of 21 completed.

Joseph Addai 16 runs for 83 yards. Vince Young 3 runs for 26 yards.
    Matt Hill 2 runs for 21 yards and a TD.

James Jones with 6 catches for 272 yards and 4 TDs. Tony Gonzalez with 7 catches for 104 yards. Carillon with 1 catch for 33 yards. Baldwin with one catch for 11 yards.

Johnny Knox had 4 catches for 256 yards and 4 TDs. Greg Olsen had 7 catches for 163 yards and a TD. Louis Murphy had 2 catches for 52 yards and a TD.

Montra Haynes had a sack, Lawrence Timmons had 2 interceptions and Storm Foreman had 1 interception.

The Chiefs made a staggering 13 tackles, Bart Scott getting a sack and forced fumble while Ed Reed had an interception.

A shame about the network timeout. I was trying to get back to the main menu to restart asap and wasn't really paying attention say something about keeping stats and accepted and evidently I shouldn't have! Annoyed to say the least.

Both defenses were god awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Beat the rams 28-7 to secure my wildcard spot. Which is good news for my rivals, the Bears, who I play next as I will be fielding a much weakened team :). I think a win for them against me would secure them their place in the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You not going for the division? :)

SantryRed wrote: »

No, I presume you will win your game, surely?

• Advertisement

2 games against two players going for the play offs. I see your tactic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Jacob Agreeable Crossbones

Raoul wrote: »
    SantryRed wrote: »

No, I presume you will win your game, surely?
    Ahhh raoul ur killing me

Have the bears and packers played this week yet

Ahhh raoul ur killing me

Playing in an hours time.

Ahhh raoul ur killing me

Sorry but I cant risk injury to DeSean, CJ, Flacco or Gronk or my defensive line. I will try my best though to win with a depleted team. I almost had a heartattack in my last game when DeSean got absolutely pummelled.:(

Ahhh raoul ur killing me

Sorry but I cant risk injury to DeSean, CJ, Flacco or Gronk or my defensive line. I will try my best though to win with a depleted team. I almost had a heartattack in my last game when DeSean got absolutely pummelled.:(
    I'm just playing man I'd do the same myself in your position didn't think I'd get this close to the playoffs anyway with my hols

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Some bullet points:

- Bucs beat falcons
    - Bucs clinch NFC second seed
    - Players who contribute less than other players got a half of practice before the ray-duhs next week
    - Tampa Hali made man love to Tony Romo's backside 5 times
    - Tony Romo didn't appreciate it
    - No one got injured
    - Matt Forte is back
    - Still hate the wind
    - Ryan Williams only falls forward
    - Sometimes he falls forward for 70 yards... which is annoying
    - Falcons will never attempt a punt return again
    - Bucs have decided the Bucs had the best draft
    - Bullet points are easier on a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Seahawks beat the Bills back ups 17-10 . However Matt stafford is injured ! Collarbone was snapped in two!

Fair play Neko! I really felt at 10-0 I was gonna pull away, never happen. Tebow is so inconsistent its crazy !

Well played Goodluck in your last game against the Packers with Bromley under center :pac:

The Packers have laid down a statement of their intent with a 30-0 win over the Bears. A first half blitz put the Packers up 24-0 at the half where they could play conservative in the 2nd half to secure the win.

Some stats:

Sam Bradford: 13/18 195 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs
    Eli Manning: 5/19 24 yards 0 TDs 2 INTs

Ray Rice: 25 attempts 136 yards 1 TD
    Michael Leshoure: 9 attempts 23 yards 0 TD

Unlucky Paddy. My Defense was sensational. In other news, the Packers lost both Dan Connor and Braylon Edwards to 1st half injuries and Connor is done for the season, with Edwards back in 3 weeks.

All PvP games done for this week. A few player against CPU games to go though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seahawks beat the Bills back ups 17-10 . However Matt stafford is injured ! Collarbone was snapped in two!

Fair play Neko! I really felt at 10-0 I was gonna pull away, never happen. Tebow is so inconsistent its crazy !

Well played Goodluck in your last game against the Packers with Bromley under center :pac:

Dave, good to see your back ups getting beat.. I hope to do the same :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bills @ Seahawks

Toss goes Seahwaks way, but they elect to kick it to Bills
    Bills open by scoring FG from 49yds => 3 -0

Seahawks offense get ball back briefly but go 3 N Out

Just to show them up mightily Tebow runs it in for a 55yd TD on Bills first play! => 10 - 0

Seahawks get to just outside field goal range and have to punt it away (lovely punt though, starting bills on own 2yd line)

Bills can't get it far enough from own goal line and Seahawks defense takes Tebow down for a sack over the line to give Seahawks 2 points =>10 - 2

Rest of second quarter becomes a defensive battle. Seahawks missed a 55yd FG attempt, followed by a close call when Bills drew near, but Hawks managed to pick it off.
    Karma strikes and seahawks fumble on the bills 17yd line.
    Bills go 3 N out... and clock runs out on hawks before they can make anything happen

Behind at start of second half Seahawks are on a mission to save playoff dreams and Mariani opens with a 79yd TD, running past 3 defenders like they werent even there.
    Seahawks go for 2pnts, and level it up at 10 - 10

Rest of 3rd quarter pretty uneventful, with the exception of another interception thrown by Tebow as they get close.

4th quarter spells doom for another Seahawks key figure, as Stafford takes a sack and a broken collar bone!

Bills and Seahawks punt it back and forth until string drive downfield nets Seahawks another TD from a 2yd rush by Forsett with 1.57 to go => 10 - 17

Bills come up against a strong Hawks defense and go 4 N Out.

Seahawks dont fair much better, going 3 N out with about a minute left to play, but no Time Outs left for Bills

Bills work ball frantically down field, but clock is against them... and they cant make the big play they need to level it up.

Final Score - 10 - 17 to Seahawks

Some Stats
    Passing
    Tebow (bills) - 13/18 for 167 (2 Int) took 7 sacks
    Stafford (sea)- 8/14 for 164 (0 Int) took 5 sacks (and one broken collar bone!)
    Bromley (sea)- 3/5 for 24 (0 Int)

Rushing
    Forsett (sea)- 94yd for 15att
    Goodson (bills) - 35yd for 11att
    Brown (bills) - 41yd for 8att
    Tebow (bills) - 65yds for 4 att
    Moore (sea) - -1 for 2 att

Looks like skins hawks and bears are gna tie for the last wildcard spot

Now next week's Bears-Lions game is huge for the Bears. Win and you're in, lose and you're out. It helps that the Lions are playing their backups, but they might reconsider now that they know the game means something.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Now next week's Bears-Lions game is huge for the Bears. Win and you're in, lose and you're out. It helps that the Lions are playing their backups, but they might reconsider now that they know the game means something.
    Are they in though I have the same record as them

Are they in though I have the same record as them

They have a better conference record than you, so if they have an equal record they're in. To have an equal record as long as you beat the Steelers they need to beat the Lions. There will be no NFC West wildcard, it's purely between you and the Bears.

NekoChan wrote: »
    Seahawks missed a 55yd FG attempt, followed by a close call when Bills drew near, but Hawks managed to pick it off.

Hmmm...
    NekoChan wrote: »
    Rest of 3rd quarter pretty uneventful, with the exception of another interception thrown by Tebow as they get close.

HMMMM....

This reminds me of something.... i cant quite put my finger on it.... oh yeah....
    Tim_Tebow wrote: »
    I would be regularly brought in on goal line packages, in particular against the Jets, and be instructed to throw intentional interceptions, eliminating the chance of any points and destroying the spirit within the team at the same time.

That's the one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Even in the face of these allegations The Bills still carry on this blatant campaign of cheating.

They probably have a deal with the Cardinals, let the Seahawks win but break Stafford. And to make it more convincing Shane disappears for weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

It really is the league vs Buffalo! Shane may be back next week! Who knows!

It really is the league vs Buffalo! Shane may be back next week! Who knows!

Or he might be eating fish heads from a bucket, tied up in a cave in Buffalo, being forced to watch a compilation of Tebow's Top 10 BFL moments..... who knows indeed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Right tactic man, I lost Antonio Gates for the rest of the season with an abdominal tear, so I am pretty much staring at one-and-done for the playoffs. Passing game will be almost non-existent with him and Maclin gone, down to reserves.

And what did it get me? A needless 31-14 win over the CPU Colts when the division was wrapped up anyway.

Advertisement