Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British Citizenship Test, Could you pass ?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got 9, the answers were in films ive seen, no ones bothered to make films about the subjects of the last 6 questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

K-9 wrote: »
    I actually got that wrong and I should know better after it coming up so often in politics. The GB soccer team in the Olympics put me off, N.I. is included in that team so I'm claiming 12, not 11.

Mods are cheats. Official.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

12 out of 15 and I'm an American. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

grenache wrote: »
    Got 12.

I'm at your service, Your Majesty.

* Why is there a question on the IRISH Famine in there? It had no bearing on Britain. I know Ireland was part of the UK at the time.

Part of it still is. That's why.

Though I suspect that those were dreamt up by The Guardian and that the real ones won't mention the famine. It wasn't exactly the British government's finest hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

11!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

how many points do you get for not bothering to take the dam thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Shame on you Alun. This stuff should still be fresh in your Public School educated English cranium. I got 12 and my lot immigrated here with the Normans FFS. My West Brit renewal certificate is in the post as we speak.

The sad thing, is that most British citizens would have failed this according to recognised polls. We shouldn't be surprised at most British peoples ignorance of the history between us when the dozy feckers don't even know their own history.
    Which tribal leader rebeled against the Romans?.....Churchill Innit?? !!We shall fight em on da beaches, we shall fight them on the sea, we will fight them in the air eh trees....INNIT!!??

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Why is this thread 18 pages for?

Do you all want to be Brits? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

K-9 wrote: »
    I actually got that wrong and I should know better after it coming up so often in politics. The GB soccer team in the Olympics put me off, N.I. is included in that team so I'm claiming 12, not 11.

But it's not the GB soccer team!

It's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland soccer team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pherekydes wrote: »

It's referred to as the GB team in the English press, you should send them a strongly worded email.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Conor_Sammon

Sure in a way, aren't we all a bit British? :) *awaits backlash*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Pherekydes wrote: »

Well given the lack of Northern Irish or Scottish participants we could call them the English & Welsh Football team.

And since the English & Welsh cricket board refer to their team as simply 'England' the Olympic soccer organisers can do similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

You scored 8 out of a possible 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

12 out of 15

One of them is a bit of a trick question :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

11 out of 15 thanks to some very astute guesswork

is there an irish test to get irish citizenship (presuming you arent just buying the passport from a minister of course!! ) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I got 12 but in fairness I am pretty good with history/general knowledge.
    Would be interesting to see how many irish would pass a similiar test on Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sealgaire

7/15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I got four, Definitely got the irish famine question though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

11 out of 15 thanks to some very astute guesswork

is there an irish test to get irish citizenship (presuming you arent just buying the passport from a minister of course!! ) ?
    they were selling them in hyde park for £12 a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

a nice 10. happy enough.

*hugs british passport*

Advertisement