Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers v. St.Pats - kick off 1500

• 08-07-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭

Shamrock Rovers:

Jansson, Rice, Sives, Oman, Powell, Brennan, Finn McCormack, McCabe , Greene, Twigg

Subs: Pieterse, O'Neill, Kavanagh, Turner, Hawkins, Dennehy, Gilbert

Pats:-
    Clarke, Flynn Carroll Kenna Browne, Bolger Chambers Russell, J Kelly D Kelly Flood

Subs:- Bermingham, Price, Murphy, Meehan, O'Connor, Coombes, Hyland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

C'mon the Saints!

Last league game I'll miss before my return home, hopefully a win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

0-0 do far.

Shams on top so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is this on the box?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is this on the box?

Nah man. There's commentary on srfc.tv

Think we were lucky enough to get to half time at 0-0

On commentary they seem to think our tactic is to try get Twigg sent off. LOI Blog, Extratime and text updates I'm recieving all seem to disagree completely as Twigg has been mouthy all first half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

No.

Try this:-

http://www.srfc.tv/blog/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Wow the commentary sounds so exciting:rolleyes:

Bollocks
    1-0 To the scum:mad:

Feck. Don't see us getting back into it for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Bollocks
    1-0 To the scum:mad:

That could be anyone.

1-1

Get the fcuk in:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    1-1

Get the fcuk in:D:D:D:D:D:D

Unreal finish that eh?

Would have been delighted with a draw at the start so to get it in the last minute is pretty sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Bloody hell. Rovers just cannot close out a game. It didn't help that Stephen Kenny stood on the sideline like bloody Bagpuss even as Pats turned the screw. And that his tactical masterstroke was to sub off McCabe, one player consistently doing useful stuff with possession and drawing fouls, despite the fact that Twigg was absolutely knackered.

I can't fault the players, they all put a shift in, even Brennan looked less like a giraffe on the ball in the second half. Just sick of us being unable to kill off games when we need to.

Also, was it me or is there a really bad vibe in the Rovers squad at the moment? There seemed to be a lot of backbiting between the players on the field, subs stalk back to the bench without even acknowledging Kenny, etc. Wife was convinced something had happened in the dressing room at half time, because they all came out looking well p1ssed off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Another game Rovers should have coasted home.

On another note, there must be a clause in the Pats defence's contract to have the ball for 30 minutes a match. It was the same at home to Rovers in the League Cup. They were going absolutely nowhere with it. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Delighted with that point in the Council house. Probably our worst performance of the season, yet we still picked up a point. We're motoring along nicely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

played poor got a draw :D

DFX normally we dont let the other team have the ball, hence our defence having it a lot.

We were poor tonight :D

Any chance yous could let Russell (still don't see it, btw) or indeed any forward thinking player have it..

To quote one Pats fan after Dennehy latched onto another misplaced pass from Browne to Kenna in the first half, "Will yous fcuking stop messing about with it at the back!"

At least Rovers cut that pass across the back (Gilbert the usual culprit) out today and looked much more solid.

dfx- wrote: »
    Any chance yous could let Russell (still don't see it, btw) or indeed any forward thinking player have it..

To quote one Pats fan after Dennehy latched onto another misplaced pass from Browne to Kenna in the first half, "Will yous fcuking stop messing about with it at the back!"

At least Rovers cut that pass across the back (Gilbert the usual culprit) out today and looked much more solid.

John Russell is better than any player you's have!!!

You's were sh!te today btw. You's had the better chances alright, but that's because we gave them to you. Unless you sign a few players or change manager, you's are going nowhere! We turned up with a weakened team, put out our worst performance and still grabbed a point!

But i'll let you Shams fans fight amongst yourselves! Hee hee!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE...STEPHEN KENNY!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dreamers75 wrote: »
    played poor got a draw :D

We were poor tonight :D
    monkey9 wrote: »
    John Russell is better than any player you's have!!!

You's were sh!te today btw. You's had the better chances alright, but that's because we gave them to you. Unless you sign a few players or change manager, you's are going nowhere! We turned up with a weakened team, put out our worst performance and still grabbed a point!
    !

We were awful too. Rovers fans dont think that was a good performance and we were still the more dangerous side.

You's are ahead of us in the league, playing against the worst defence in the league, and I think we may also be one of the least inform teams.

Id be angry if I was a pats fan that yous were outplayed by a team who look like they dont care in the last two games yous have played against us.

Moral of the squad is gone. Can only be coming from the dressing room.

Ebbs wrote: »
    We were awful too. Rovers fans dont think that was a good performance and we were still the more dangerous side.

You's are ahead of us in the league, playing against the worst defence in the league, and I think we may also be one of the least inform teams.

Id be angry if I was a pats fan that yous were outplayed by a team who look like they dont care in the last two games yous have played against us.

Outplayed?? :pac: Don't think so! You's were shocking!

I'm only interested in Pat's performance and our passing was all over the shop!! On chances, no doubt you should have won. On play in general, a draw is a fair result.

As i said previously, unless you's make serious changes this month, you's won't be the Rovers who wins this league.

• Advertisement

Ebbs wrote: »

You lot have won the last two leagues, played at home in whats like yer biggest game of the year, and you think we'd be angry for being outplayed despite having our two full backs out, our top scorer out and our most creative player out?

All Rovers had to do was stick Finn onto Chambers and feast off Pats' mistakes really. Dennehy should've scored one-on-one, Twigg should've scored one-on-one, Sives missed a sitter from 4 yards in the first half and Finn could've scored.

I know Pats like to celebrate mediocrity (ref: never relegated stuff), but really Rovers poorest performances in at least 4-5 years and Pats snatched a point when they're second in the table. And lost in the League Cup. Jaysis.

All Rovers had to do was stick Finn onto Chambers and feast off Pats' mistakes really. Dennehy should've scored one-on-one, Twigg should've scored one-on-one, Sives missed a sitter from 4 yards in the first half and Finn could've scored.

I know Pats like to celebrate mediocrity (ref: never relegated stuff), but really Rovers poorest performances in at least 4-5 years and Pats were lucky to rob a point when they're second in the table. And lost in the League Cup. Jaysis.

Hahahahahaha... Brilliant!

I know Pats like to celebrate mediocrity (ref: never relegated stuff), but really Rovers poorest performances in at least 4-5 years and Pats were lucky to rob a point when they're second in the table. And lost in the League Cup. Jaysis.

Whoop Whoop!!! The Saints are getting under the skin of the Shams!! :) This post makes me happy!!! :):):):)

KENNY MUST STAY! KENNY MUST STAY!!

Were they better when we did them 5-1?? :pac::pac:

Maybe.

Maybe they were even better than the Bohs game last week? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Rovers poorest performances in at least 4-5 years

Pats 5-0
    Pats 5-1
    Bohs 4-0

Many beg to differ.

Maybe.

Who knows what their scale of reference is?? I saw dog turd as i walked towards the LUAS earlier. Maybe that's it!

Stephen Kenny though, what a hero!!! :pac:

The craic in that stand today was amazing!!

Who knows what their scale of reference is?? I saw dog turd as i walked towards the LUAS earlier. Maybe that's it!

Stephen Kenny though, what a hero!!! :pac:

The craic in that stand today was amazing!!

I'd say so yeah.

Drogs at home is my first game back. Hopefully that'll be a bit of craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Maybe.

Pats 5-0
    Pats 5-1
    Bohs 4-0

Many beg to differ.

Each one of you failed to read what he said. He clearly stated performanceS. This is the worst i've seen Rovers since we moved to tallaght.

So yes, we are on our worst run of performances, as DFX said.

Weakened team from last year too. We lost our 4 best players last season and replaced them with 3 players that are our worst three this season.

It's on a level to the end of 2008, possibly the second half of 2007, going from second to mid-table. And Pats could only sneak a point and barely threatened.

The Pats lads are obviously a little excitable with a point, bless. :)

Yeah, i'm happy with the point we 'snuck'!!

Sure, shouldn't you Shams fans be concentrating on Sligo??? Don't worry about us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Didn't think we played as bad as people are saying. Big improvement on recent times anyway although that wouldn't be hard but we looked solid enough mostly. Pats were very poor and we gifted Flynner's goal on our left. Flood looked brutal.

Gartland and Gilbert dropped with Sives looking to be getting form again and sully back soon. Happy enough if improvement continues even if league probably gone now. Sligo and Pats can't seem to get it together to pull away either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yeah, i'm happy with the point we 'snuck'!!

Sure, shouldn't you Shams fans be concentrating on Sligo??? Don't worry about us.

Has Bermo slept off Saturday's session yet? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I know Pats like to celebrate mediocrity (ref: never relegated stuff), but really Rovers poorest performances in at least 4-5 years and Pats snatched a point when they're second in the table. And lost in the League Cup. Jaysis.

We badly missed our full backs, Flynn and Carroll decent but Bermo and Gob far superior, normally when Chambers is marked he drops off and the FB move foward into the space creating a 5 vs 4 in the middle in our favour. So rather than run wide they come inside and it opens teams up. Missed Fagan too flood too direct and doesnt hold it up as well as Fagan.

Didnt happen much yesterday and Rovers decent enough to open us up.

Strange to be resting players away to Rovers but in Bucko we trust.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Has Bermo slept off Saturday's session yet? :)

Nothing to see here! Moving swiftly on...........

Advertisement