Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coconut Fragrance

• 08-07-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

I love the smell of coconut and my favourite perfume is Harajuku Lovers G. Unfortunatley they have stopped making it:( And I am having trouble finding something similar. The closest that I could find was Sarah Jessica Parker's NYC pure crush but that isn't a patch on the Harajuku Lovers G. I have tried a number of coconut body lotions and the one that gives the best fragrance is Desert Essence coconut body lotion which I get on iherb.
    Does anyone know of any perfumes that do smell of coconut? Or any body lotions and potions that are strongly scented? The body shop do a coconut line, has anyone tried any of the products and do they have good lasting power? Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I adore coconut fragrances also! The new Manna perfume Truth or Dare has coconut undertones I also love Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein. There's one by Ralph Lauren, it's in a purple box, I think it's called Hot, that has a really nice and creamy coconut scent also :)

I think there's one by Avon too called Tahitian Holiday or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks very much:) Going to check them out next time I'm in Debenhams or Boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Ooops Manna should be Madonna btw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I love Body Shop's coconut scented stuff. I think the scent stays on all day and the lotions and creams are super moisturising, so they're worth the price. They also have these new body sprays out at the moment and I'm pretty sure coconut is one of the scents. They're about €12 each. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Whip out the Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen during the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think Benefit do a sweet coconut-y perfume.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Will check them all out later. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

A girl I know always uses the body shop coconut range and always smells amazing! Seems to have really good staying power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

lindtee wrote: »
    I love the smell of coconut and my favourite perfume is Harajuku Lovers G. Unfortunatley they have stopped making it:( And I am having trouble finding something similar. The closest that I could find was Sarah Jessica Parker's NYC pure crush but that isn't a patch on the Harajuku Lovers G. I have tried a number of coconut body lotions and the one that gives the best fragrance is Desert Essence coconut body lotion which I get on iherb.
    Does anyone know of any perfumes that do smell of coconut? Or any body lotions and potions that are strongly scented? The body shop do a coconut line, has anyone tried any of the products and do they have good lasting power? Thanks in advance:)

Would you consider coconut oil as a body lotion?

I think I'll go for the coconut stuff in the body shop. Tried some perfumes today in Debenhams and Boots and none were right or coconutty. Have coconut oil but even though its pure coconut oil it doesn't smell coconutty enough!! Thanks again all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Would Body Shop have any coconut body butter or similar??

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Grid. wrote: »
    Would Body Shop have any coconut body butter or similar??

Yep they do, it's pretty expensive but I think it's worth it!

Haven't had a chance to get in to the Body Shop since posting this to get some of their coconut stuff but did order a coconut perfume last night from iherb. http://www.iherb.com/Monoi-Tiare-Tahiti-Eau-de-Toilette-Perfume-Spray-Coconut-Scent-3-4-fl-oz-100-ml/44662 It is a new product so I could only find one review online. Will post back when I get it with a review!
    There are quite a few homemade coconut fragrances available on ebay aswell but I didn't take the plunge on any of them. Don't know anyone selling Avon so couldn't try their coconutty fragrance - Tahitian Holiday. "Rue 21 Twentyone Black" perfume supposed to be coconutty too, but while cheap to buy in the US, ebay sellers charging loads for it. Went to boots to try the benefit one but they had testers of every other fragrance except the one that is supposed to be coconutty - "Looking to Rock Rita" Finally Estee Lauder do a Bronze goddess fragrance every so often which is supposed to be coconuty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

The Body Shop actually do Coconut perfume oil. It smells divine and has great lasting power. A little bottle of it costs around €10-€12 as far as I remember. A little goes a long way so it lasts ages :)

Sadly The Body Shop stopped doing the coconut perfume oil for some reason:(
    I got my perfume from iherb this morning and I love it! It is not sweet like the harajuku lovers and is more a true coconut scent. I have only squirted some on in the last hour so only time will tell how well it lasts and if the scent will change on me. I think I will stock up on a few bottles of this Next time they have the free shipping over $40 on iherb as any time I find something I really like it seems to be discontinued so I want to have a supply of this! At just over €20 its very good value as it is a 100ml bottle.
    Tried some of the Benefit one during the week and while there is a definite coconut note, I didn't really like it. Its pricey too at €44 for a bottle!

Advertisement