Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog has stopped eating

• 08-07-2012 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

My sister forgot to leave the dog out before going away on Friday night meaning he had a few hours unsupervised in the house. I normally don't give him free reign of the house when he is on is own as he he some separation anxiety and will pull the bins apart and will eat whatever he can get his mouth on.

When I arrived home and up saw he was in I walked around to survey the damage, he had done nothing, even the cat food wasn't eaten. Since then he hasn't been eating properly, yesterday he ate hardly anything and wouldn't even eat a dentastick, which he loves, he has been off his food, I have never seen him leave a meal, he usually hovers up his kibble. He seems to be in good form but I am worried that he may have eaten something that he shouldn't have!

If he isn't eating properly by tomorrow then we are going to the vet but I can't help but worry that he has a blockage or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

I don't wish to alarm you, but I would try and take him the emergency vets if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Chinasea wrote: »
    I don't wish to alarm you, but I would try and take him the emergency vets if you can.

Will give the vet a buzz now and see what she says, thanks.

Edit :Explained everything to the vet, they asked me to monitor him and call back if anything changes, other than that they said to just bring him in the morning.

Advertisement