Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY BBQ question

• 08-07-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Simple question really. I've a load of spare cobblelock bricks and was thinking of building a bbq out of them. Anyone know if that's a really bad idea or not?

Cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 paul.

good idea if it is done right, bad idea if your all thumbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Good idea. Loads of tutorials on the web for inspiration.

Build it dry first so you can play around with height / grill supports etc. If you haven't done and brickwork before, take your time with the final build as nothing looks worse than sloppy mortar :)

Post pics once you've finished it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irrational

Cheers lads. Doing a dry run is a good idea. I was slightly worried that cobblelock.bricks wouldn't be able to take the heat. That perhaps they would break it something. Will definitely post some pics during and after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭tinofapples

A local lad for "inspiration":

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irrational

funny enough. i've watched that video before. think i'd be trying something like that alright.

just hope that the cobblelock bricks can withstand the heat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement