Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activision: The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F*uck this! Such an obvious cash cow after they saw the money telltale is making. the walking dead, comic and tv show, is all about the living people and their struggles to survive, not running around killing 100's of zombies trying to get killstreaks.

F*ck off activision!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sheehy83 wrote: »
    F*uck this! Such an obvious cash cow after they saw the money telltale is making. the walking dead, comic and tv show, is all about the living people and their struggles to survive, not running around killing 100's of zombies trying to get killstreaks.

F*ck off activision!

Did you even read the article?

"Players will control Daryl as they attempt to avoid detection from zombies that hunt using sight, sound and smell and will choose between fighting them or using stealth to avoid detection."

"Supplies will be scarce and players will need to carefully manage food, ammunition and supplies as they make their way through the game. Daryl will encounter “a slew of other characters” along the way that can help or hurt him. Whether or not these characters accompany Daryl is completely up to the player and “represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made while fighting to survive."

It doesn't sound like they're going for a typical run and gun style zombie shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Did you even read the article?

"Players will control Daryl as they attempt to avoid detection from zombies that hunt using sight, sound and smell and will choose between fighting them or using stealth to avoid detection."

"Supplies will be scarce and players will need to carefully manage food, ammunition and supplies as they make their way through the game. Daryl will encounter “a slew of other characters” along the way that can help or hurt him. Whether or not these characters accompany Daryl is completely up to the player and “represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made while fighting to survive."

It doesn't sound like they're going for a typical run and gun style zombie shooter.

its activision though...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

graphics dont look anything great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I have an awful grudge against activision...and capcom. Plus, theres no need for 2 walking dead games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sounds very much like I am Alive.

I enjoyed I am Alive but this doesn't interest me that much. Shameless cash in and I'd prefer not to support Activision.

But I will wait for more info and see what comes of it. If they add a system where you need to build up a survivor shelter then it could be really interesting. Choices could down to using the survivors to get more resources for yourself or spending resources to help them in the hope they would get involved with your community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

sounds great:D
    dont like the episode type way the arcade game is at the moment
    plus not my style either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya I have an awful grudge against activision...and capcom. Plus, theres no need for 2 walking dead games.
    you're right, there should be BAZILLIONS of TWD games tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Daryl will encounter “a slew of other characters” along the way that can help or hurt him. Whether or not these characters accompany Daryl is completely up to the player and “represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made while fighting to survive."

Sounds like DayZ minus the fact that most people will just shoot you on sight, rather than even trying to team up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They should make a game based on the TV show first level is great then 18 boring levels of women doing washing up and moaning then 2 levels of epicness to finish the game.

I haven't read the comics yet but isn't Daryl just in the TV show and never features in the Comics so this is based off season 1 id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah he's not in the comics at all.

Advertisement