Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung exploding phone allegation proven false can we start a thread on it

Options
  • 08-07-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

This is international news, friends and relations from Australia to American were rining e-mailing etc asking me about it. I know this may have serious consequences for the person who made the allegation, life changing perhaps but can we start a thread on it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Curious about this myself, original thread deleted and clarification thread locked with no reason given for any of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

concernman wrote: »
    This is international news, friends and relations from Australia to American were rining e-mailing etc asking me about it. I know this may have serious consequences for the person who made the allegation, life changing perhaps but can we start a thread on it?

just curious, but what would you like to use a thread to discuss? theres only a small number of ways to say "he lied and he was caught" before the thread would just resort into abuse of the dude. with no input from that guy itd just be speculation anyway, and i doubt he'll be commenting on this issue for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lads, there's obviously some legal stuff going on so I don't think there will be any discussion about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 concernman

tbh wrote: »
    just curious, but what would you like to use a thread to discuss? theres only a small number of ways to say "he lied and he was caught" before the thread would just resort into abuse of the dude. with no input from that guy itd just be speculation anyway, and i doubt he'll be commenting on this issue for some time

I dont know the full story about it but here is my area of concern. The person at the centre of the argument STILL has a live account on boards.ie I am mad because this was very serious accusation that was trended throughout the world. Why is he still allowed to post on boards.ie why is he not banned. I would also like to hear his/her side of things.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why is he still allowed to post on boards.ie why is he not banned. I would also like to hear his/her side of things.

I'd like to hear why you think the status of somebody else's account is any of your business...

• Advertisement

I'd like to hear why you think the status of somebody else's account is any of your business...

Because people have been banned on boards.ie for the most innocent of things this was a very serious accusation against a company that could of had serious effects for Jobs and lifes of real people. The morality of the website is in question. If they do not ban people for this type of activityy it could have consequences for the website as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2162638/Exploding-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-deliberately-placed-microwave-faulty-says-official-investigation.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

This is international news, friends and relations from Australia to American were rining e-mailing etc asking me about it
    Because of your vast month-long experience on Boards? :confused:

This has nothing to do with you and IMO you just want part of the action

Hey I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But this don't concern you,
    So #### off maybe?

Daemos wrote: »

Hey I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    So #### off maybe?

Okay here is my relationship with it, all up front. My Job depends on this company, not directly but indirectly. Sorry I will leave it but I am very cross. Hard times and had me worried for a while which is stress enough for me with things the way they are. will shut up now.

Daemos wrote: »

Hey I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    So #### off maybe?

Okay here is my relationship with it, all up front. My Job depends on this company, not directly but indirectly. Sorry I will leave it but I am very cross. Hard times and had me worried for a while which is stress enough for me with things the way they are. will shut up now.

to be honest, i think their boards status is probably the least of their worries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

You for real?LOL:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 farley87

Have to agree with most post here no real point going over it, he lied the world knows game over and by what I'm reading on the internet no harm has been done to Samsung as there expected to sell 19 million S3 phones within the first 6 months release. It was a very serious statement he made but going on and on about it ain't going to change anything

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure, just enquiring, but would that make you one of those 'shill' people?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you telling me that a boards.ie user was responsible for spreading a rumor that gained so much traction I've been hearing about it on the sales floor in South Carolina?

Cool!

What laws, if any, has the OP broken with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Libel for starters if he knowingly posted something that he knew to be untrue. Unfortunately due to Irish law he wouldn't be held responsible for his post - boards.ie would be as the publisher.

Was Boards asked to take it down?

Orion wrote: »
    Libel for starters if he knowingly posted something that he knew to be untrue. Unfortunately due to Irish law he wouldn't be held responsible for his post - boards.ie would be as the publisher.

i dont think thats right. i think boards are only responsible if they were notified that it was untrue and refused to take it down

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm not a big fan of curtailing discussion, and I don't know any more about the case than you, but this is clearly an issue where there may be legal consequences either the OP of the initial thread, or possibly even for boards.ie.

I'm closing this thread on that basis, and I'll ask the guys in HQ to open it once they're satisfied there is no legal problem with doing so. Meanwhile, please don't start another thread on this.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement