Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker Hood not working....except when you stand with speed control button held in.

Options
  • 08-07-2012 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭

last few days it wouldn't work every time you pressed in any of the 3 buttons for speed setting. It would work occasionally after a few attempts.

Now it has packed in completed in terms of staying on. It has power going to it, because if you stand with button held in it will work but won't stay on at all now when you remove finger off the button.

I've googled and I think the problem might be in the PCB (amateur guess work only).

One thing to add, recently the fuse blew in the plug. I only had a 13a fuse in the house and used that as a temporary replacement for the blown 3a fuse. I overlooked getting a new 3a fuse and think this may have contributed to the problem

Any solutions?

And if I take out the PCB with switches, is there a further fuse or issue I might be able to tackle to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

its most likely you need to replace the whole extractor fan unit as generally its hard to get replacement parts
    sometimes its a cheaper and quicker option too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

meercat wrote: »
    its most likely you need to replace the whole extractor fan unit as generally its hard to get replacement parts
    sometimes its a cheaper and quicker option too

Thanks for that, they seem to start at prices a bit cheaper than I imagined.

However, ours is a decorative chimney hood:

http://www.teka.pt/products/view/10219#!prettyPhoto

When we done up the kitchen the expensive tiling was done around it. So I suppose I'd need an exact match size wise to avoid the added cost of a tiling refurb job.

So a part might be cheaper option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

it seems that you are not the first with this problem

this thread may help
    http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/689e8-teka-extractor-fan-works-fine-light-switch.html

googles your friend

Advertisement