Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about victoria shopping center

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

christy11 wrote: »
    i am getting it up north as it is a lot cheaper. the phone down south is €170 but up north it is £100 which works out as around €126 (according to google).

€44 less!

Yes... But it'll be locked to 3 UK. It'll come with a UK SIM, which will mean when you go home it'll be roaming, so very expensive. An Irish SIM (from 3 or any other network) WON'T WORK.

It would be a waste of money.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can get it unlocked as far as I know but you have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭christy11

Richard wrote: »
    Yes... But it'll be locked to 3 UK. It'll come with a UK SIM, which will mean when you go home it'll be roaming, so very expensive. An Irish SIM (from 3 or any other network) WON'T WORK.

It would be a waste of money.

yes i know that but i have a friend who knows how to unlock phones so im sorted there.

i rang them there anyway and they dont accept euro and dont have my phone in stock :(

thanks everyone for the help anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

christy11 wrote: »
    yes i know that but i have a friend who knows how to unlock phones so im sorted there.

Ok, fair enough.

Have you tried the Three store in CastleCourt? It's about 5-10 mins walk from Victoria Square. There are also many other shops from various networks in the vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

Don't just try a 3 store, try a carphone warehouse or phones 4 u etc, tons of places to buy phones, a few would maybe sell unlocked one too. AlsO if your mates unlocking it anyway, surely you can try any network phoneshop in north, Vodafone, o2, orange, virgin to name a few.

Also, I don't understand the issue with changing money, get sterling in south, head north and if it doesn't work out change it back when you get home. If you know someone with a student bank account this can be done for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Plenty of currency exchange places on the way to belfast just around newry.

Other option might be a perfect card from Dundrum which you can use like a credit card or failing that a victoria store card which may accept euros.

Let us know how you get on? What are you looking to get in the store up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

^ Only just read the thread now! Got my answers. :-)

Advertisement