Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top non-chip nail polishes!

• 08-07-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

You best and worst brands.

The best anti-chip polishes I have come across have to be O.P.I, Essie and Models Own:D
    Worst for chipping is rimmel 10- day long wear..Chips on day 1!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

China Glaze and Catrice are some of the best I've tried.

It also has to do with how you apply. Do you wear base/top coats? Do you allow the nail polish to dry fully before applying second coat? A lot of people think polishes are useless but sometimes it's down to the actual application of the polish than the polish itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭spotsanddots

where do you buy china glaze nail polish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Sally's Beauty Supplies or Ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

China glaze is the best. Use their base and top coat too - its brill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

OPI gets my vote as the best (along with their top & base coat & quick dry drops)

was wearing one of their polishes for the last 10 days or so & only changed it cause I got bored with it - no chips :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭spotsanddots

ordered 2 china glaze polishes today! can't wait to try them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    China Glaze and Catrice are some of the best I've tried.

It also has to do with how you apply. Do you wear base/top coats? Do you allow the nail polish to dry fully before applying second coat? A lot of people think polishes are useless but sometimes it's down to the actual application of the polish than the polish itself.

I totally agree! Top coat is your best friend when it comes to nail polish. A couple of thin coats of nail polish and a top coat that you apply all the way over the top of your nails and you won't get chipping. I've used the cheapest and worst brands and I don't get chipping. Another good thing to do is to apply another layer of top coat after a couple of days. You should get a week out of your polish then:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Maybelline Forever Strong - I've always thought it was great. They aren't even pricey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I find Barry M great once I add a topcoat. Lasts me 4-5 days. If you seal the edge of the nail tip with the brush it prevents chipping for a lot longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I think it can vary even within one brand. I had several rimmel 60 second ones and one was horrendous for the chipping, others were fine with same base and top coat. I've tried two barry m polishes and they're the best lasting - I'd get up to 5 days out of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement