Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So lets get ready for steam sale, lads!

Options
  • 08-07-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

We all know its coming, and we all know it is going to happen soon, very soon!!! :p

So so far i have already ordered 256gb ssd just for steam, it should be here next week.

So far i would really love to see these games to go on sale:

Batman arkham city - the game i hold off and now its about time to get it, get it cheap that is! :D

CIvilisation 5 +expansion - i was not a fan of it, when it came out. if its cheap i will get it this time!

Jagged alliance - i am a HUGE fan of JA2, but the new ones did not made go "OMFG, jizz in my pants". If its dirt cheap then i will get it!

Walkind dead - something i would get cheap

Sins of solar empire - i am huge rts and strategy fan, but i never had this in my hands! shocking!

thats just the top of my head! so what are you looking forward lads? :D i know few fellas building/upgrading their PCs, so they could get advantage of steam sale!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Woot! My first steam sale with a high end gaming PC! I was so jelly last year as i only picked up Trine and Magicka and my PC had terrible FPS on the lowest settings making them unplayable :D

This time im gonna buy all of them. All of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

July 12th iirc. There's a thread about it here somewhere.

EDIT:
    Might spoil the surprise tho
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056694572

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

MW3 shall be mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

**** have to try and get some funds into the Ulster bank bank :mad: if i send them now they may show up in August maybe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Mmmmm battlefield premium or steam sale????? I might just hold out for the next one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I want the arcane game on sale and endless space

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

feeney92 wrote: »
    Whens the sale?

No official date announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cillo rs200

Ulster bank would want to have their sh1t sorted out by then so I can blow my money on games I wont get around to playing for another 4 months!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

come on steam give us the damn sale already :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Fallout and GTA, Valve. Just put those two series on sale, that'd be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fallout and GTA, Valve. Just put those two series on sale, that'd be perfect.

Got all of those. :D

I am pc gamer for waaaay to long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I am going to buy everything that looks cheap even though I already have a massive backlog of games to play from previous steam sales... :(

I am going to buy everything that looks cheap even though I already have a massive backlog of games to play from previous steam sales... :(

Amature! Steam sales were never about playing games, it was about buying them and having bigger list of games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wait! You're meant to play the games you buy? Hmmm, that could explain all these unplayed games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Shadowhearth knows the deal !

You buy as many games as possible in case something ever happens that you can't buy games in the future.

It's like going shopping on an empty stomach, you just buy EVERYTHING that looks good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Shadowhearth knows the deal !

You buy as many games as possible in case something ever happens that you can't buy games in the future.

It's like going shopping on an empty stomach, you just buy EVERYTHING that looks good :D
    Or beer shopping for Good Friday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Manach wrote: »
    MW3 shall be mine.

You mean when it's a massive 10% off? :p

This might be the first Summer Sale that I'm not really interested, probably because I have far too many games already and have a couple of years worth of backlog. I'll most likely pick up a couple of smaller indie games but doubt I'll get much else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I got three games I'm interested in getting atm; two of them will never be on a steam sale (not listed on steam :/ ).

Having said that if I get away with less then 5 games I'll be surprised! There are some indy titles there I'm considering purely on name alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well judging by the list of daily sales (5 games a day usually tied to the daily goals) I have about 4 of the 40. Saw that the Ys game might be on sale, may pick that up. Otherwise, not really much I want TBH. If its cheap enough, possibly Arma 2 to try DayZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Well judging by the list of daily sales (5 games a day usually tied to the daily goals) I have about 4 of the 40. Saw that the Ys game might be on sale, may pick that up. Otherwise, not really much I want TBH. If its cheap enough, possibly Arma 2 to try DayZ.

That list isn't a full list.

Monotype wrote: »
    That list isn't a full list.

Yup. That list was only for Indy games. Big boys haven't showed their stuff yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Theres a nice looking Civilization pack , that if its priced properly I'll wind up buying (it'll be my second time owning civ5 but the download packs add up)

Also the Batman pack , agin if its priced right.

All this GOTY edition is nearly stopping me buying new games when they come out, just wait a while and get all the dlc for more or less free. Skyrim for instance , I havent spent half enough time with , by the time I get round to it there'll be tons of DLC.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, got back stabed by website from which i ordered my SSD!!! :mad: its not in stock till friday and they charged my CC! trying to change it for different model!

they better dont **** with my Steam sale! i need my fix, and if i wont get it, then there will be heads rolling! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im still massively confused how you're not able to buy games during the sale without the ssd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, got back stabed by website from which i ordered my SSD!!! :mad: its not in stock till friday and they charged my CC! trying to change it for different model!

they better dont **** with my Steam sale! i need my fix, and if i wont get it, then there will be heads rolling! :mad:

So what? Not like you need to install all those games you are going to buy and not play! I think I could fill my current HD thrice over just with what I bought last Christmas :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

im still massively confused how you're not able to buy games during the sale without the ssd

Especially when a few posts previously he expressed his distaste for actually playing the games he buys in Steam sales :pac:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So what? Not like you need to install all those games you are going to buy and not play! I think I could fill my current HD thrice over just with what I bought last Christmas :)

i know, i am just being inpatient! I just like have everything sorted and right, hate when it is all half arsed. :o

anyway its all sorted. canceled that order and put order for crucial m4 256gb. :cool: was told it will be at my doorstep by friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Need to put money in the bank for this, are Ulster Bank allowing deposits again?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you sign up for an o2 money card today ort tomorrow you'll have it by the time the sale starts, just in case they aren;'t

Advertisement