Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So lets get ready for steam sale, lads!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

J-blk wrote: »
    Haven't had a gaming PC in years until about 2-3 months ago so this is my first Steam sale... have had a Steam account for 7 years but only had Half-Life 2 on it :). Needless to say, my collection has bubbled with the mid-week sales lately and with the first day of the sale already:

Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
    Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition
    Bulletstorm
    Trine Bundle (Summer 2012)
    Darksiders

Total - 37.48 EUR

And Hard Reset and SSF4 staring back at me now... Definitely going to be broke soon at this rate :).

watch out for the STALKER games, they always get heavily reduced. you oughta pick em up fr about 3 euro each maybe even less
    can not reccomend them enough (maybe not clear sky, was only ok as opposed to ****ing amazing like the other two)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Maybe we'll see S3 on sale again tonight for 7 euro,I doubt it though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

J-blk wrote: »
    Haven't had a gaming PC in years until about 2-3 months ago so this is my first Steam sale... have had a Steam account for 7 years but only had Half-Life 2 on it :). Needless to say, my collection has bubbled with the mid-week sales lately and with the first day of the sale already:

Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
    Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition
    Bulletstorm
    Trine Bundle (Summer 2012)
    Darksiders

Total - 37.48 EUR

And Hard Reset and SSF4 staring back at me now... Definitely going to be broke soon at this rate :).

Nice choice of games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Nice choice of games :)

Yeah, I've got an epic backlog to get through :). From those above, I've only completed Deus Ex on the Xbox360, but IMO it was still worth definitely getting for €7.50 and enjoying a completely different playthrough on the PC + the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

half life Complete up for a tenner
    only ever played it on ps3 so i pulled the trigger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just wondering is steam working for anyone as i can't even download saints row 3 at the moment

Still getting 12MB on my laptop but on my computer there is no moving what so ever

Anyone having any problems with steam ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just wondering is steam working for anyone as i can't even download saints row 3 at the moment

Still getting 12MB on my laptop but on my computer there is no moving what so ever

Anyone having any problems with steam ?

Try restarting Steam...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Well about 20 minutes ago I couldn't even get the store site to load, so I'm guessing it's under huge load currently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Jernal wrote: »
    Agreed, anything over €20 defeats the purpose of the stingy steam sale customer.
    Sonic Generations? Meh or Yeh?

Rich man, anything over €10 is too much in a steam sale. There's always the next sale when you can collect it for even cheaper. Although, if you actually intend on playing the games, it might be worth buying them when ye want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

titan18 wrote: »
    Rich man, anything over €10 is too much in a steam sale. There's always the next sale when you can collect it for even cheaper. Although, if you actually intend on playing the games, it might be worth buying them when ye want them.

I actually meant to say €10. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Half Life 2 + Episode 1 and Episode 2 all for about €6.

That has to be one of the best deals ever.

danthefan wrote: »
    Half Life 2 + Episode 1 and Episode 2 all for about €6.

That has to be one of the best deals ever.

All of Half-Life for €9.24.:cool:
    But, now seriously, who doesn't yet own HL2 after all these steam sales?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

All of Half-Life for €9.24.:cool:
    But, now seriously, who doesn't yet own HL2 after all these steam sales?:pac:

:o its my first sale

:o its my first sale
    Ahh bless,
    Rule #1 : Don't forget to leave some money for food.
    Do that and you'll come through it ok. You might suffer, shakes and withdrawals from impulse buying over the coming weeks but they'll pass. Stay strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Only 26GB of Max Payne left to go :(. At this rate i'll be turning off my computer fans and leaving it go all night. The london server seems to be giving me the most consistent download rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭Nollog

feck, just watched some "lets play" back to the future..... CANT RESIST! MUST BUY PACK!!!!

Is the walking dead really that good? i am looking to buy that too. I am really afraid to admit this, but i never played monkey island properly too. so its really a damn good deal for me! :o

They're both great games.
    BTTF had my nostalgia juices flowing all through the playthrough.
    Payday The Heist, Worth it? 4.74

It's a good game, but the community's full of ****'s.
    If you can get a few people to play with you it's great.
    Stev_o wrote: »
    Wow these sales have been underwhelming so far:(

I concur.
    Maybe we just already have all the good games from previous sales?
    I've done bought nothing yet.

did anyone notice the little steamguys have moved up onto a little scaffold?
    before 6pm they were holding a blueprint.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Maybe we just already have all the good games from previous sales?
    I've done bought nothing yet.

I think that's the biggest problem. So far any of the really good games that have come up I bought in a previous sale!!
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    did anyone notice the little steamguys have moved up onto a little scaffold?
    before 6pm they were holding a blueprint.

It appears they're building a tree-house! The dude on the left looks like he's up to no good though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Anno 2070 comes with the lovely Solidshield Tages DRM, Which has a 3 machine install limit.

Ubisoft are undoubtedly *******s. Pity they make the odd good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Changed download location to UK and its shot up to 3mb/s.

joy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

its coming up on my steam that rage got 100% of the community vote. what are the chances, surely cant be right

• Advertisement

Assassins Creed wins with 40%.

EDIT: Now apparently Rage wins with 100%!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

AC with 40%, RAGE with 29% and Darkness 2 with 31% for me.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    AC with 40%, RAGE with 29% and Darkness 2 with 31% for me.

Ditto.
    Also thanks to all those who recommended Terraria, having a blast with it. :D
    (Is there anyway to turn on friendly fire? :pac:)

Wouldn't let me vote for bioshock 2 so I voted for metro.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh look there's Metro 2033 - got it in the last sale and haven't even downloaded it, never mind played it. Must make sure to look at some other offers soon so I can purchase more games that I won't play.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane is quite good actually. Very happy with my impulse purchase. Civ V with Magic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

O god, Assassins creed, temptation!

Toy Soldiers is tempting. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I thought the premise of Toy Soldiers was awesome when I read it. For €2.50? No bother.

• Advertisement

According to Shiminay on here it's an awful implementation of a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Don't bother. This is a review from the site of a mates opinion i'd trust on such.

This is a piss poor implementation of the 360 game. First of all, you have the disaster that is Games for Windows Live that has to be installed and even if you already have it, causes huge problems if you have to upgrade it. You'd think a company who's been making software as long as Microsoft could manage a simple update process, but no. You end up having to task mangler and hard kill the game install to allow the GFWL update to continue.

So when you get all that nonsense out of the way, you start the game. It doesn't support full HD, only 720p. It does, funnily enough support 1690X1050, not 1080p though (which both my monitors are). so I have to play it windowed which is not a huge issue, but certainly an annoyance.

Finally, the game has no multiplayer. This is pretty much unforgivable - I only bought this game to play multiplayer with some people who I know didn't have it on XBox.

The mind boggles as to why they even bothered till I saw it was some sort of Window 8 promo.

I thought the premise of Toy Soldiers was awesome when I read it. For €2.50? No bother.

Yes, but it's inevitably always the €2.50 ones that end up breaking me.

nesf wrote: »
    According to Shiminay on here it's an awful implementation of a good game.
    Agent J wrote: »
    Don't bother. This is a review from the site of a mates opinion i'd trust on such.

And that's €2.50 saved for now thanks guys.:D

I just want the sale to be on the last day so I can buy walking dead already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Must say I was tempted to grab Max Payne 3 today as its on 50% off so on;y €24.99 instead of €50.

Origin are also have their own summer deals too. Just grabbed Mass Effect 3 for 24.99 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

****....I already got Toy Soldiers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I know this is the steam sale thread, but I thought people should be aware that there are other sales going on right now too, with some of the same games that steam has. For example the green man gaming sale has:

Saints Row: The Third €13.97

F.E.A.R. 3 €5.49

Darksiders €4.98

Company of Heroes €1.98

Amazon also has a few deals:
    Max Payne 3 $30

Deus Ex Human Revolution $6.99

Darkness 2 $12.50

Modern Warfare 3 $30

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15407
    Finally, something I'm interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

95 Euro spent the credit card was well and truly violated. I am going to have to leave steam disabled until after the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Simi

Calhoun wrote: »
    95 Euro spent the credit card was well and truly violated. I am going to have to leave steam disabled until after the sale.

I really have to start pacing myself. It's day 2 and i'm approaching the €100 (€35 of that was gifts) mark. The flash sales are killing me!

Give me a 36hr countdown and i'll take the time to think and decide if I really want it or not. Put me on the spot with variable countdown which I mightn't see until there's mere minutes left & i'm like a moth to a flame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Alice madness returns for 12 quid. A ****ing must buy +++++++.

I think they switched flash deals to 12 hour periods. They realised twir **** up as people can't buy games if they are sleeping. That goes to both sides. Americans and eu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Stupid Steam Sale !!

I bought Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 for €10 each (€20) at home on the first day.
    Came into work today, and can get the "Bioshock Collection" for £6.99 :confused: (so I bought it again, as it's so good, I'll give it to someone who deserves it , you can't pass that up ! )

I'm up to €115 spent atm....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Bioshock 2 for a fiver eh?
    ah go on so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What's the timer on bioshock 2? I want to get it for steam too.
    Fecking iPhone app is useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Alice madness returns for 12 quid. A ****ing must buy +++++++.

I think they switched flash deals to 12 hour periods. They realised twir **** up as people can't buy games if they are sleeping. That goes to both sides. Americans and eu.

It's $4.99 on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40696ess-Returns1-Alice/dp/B0053YQ8E0/ref=zg_bs_2445220011_13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Bought, steam key doesn't work however. (does redeem in Origin though)
    Great price for this so don't mind how it's delivered.

* also bought Alan Wake franchise on steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What's the timer on bioshock 2? I want to get it for steam too.
    Fecking iPhone app is useless!

6.5 hours left,

Would you not try the website and login that way as opposed to using the app ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've come to the conclusion that collecting piles of games is much more fun than actually playing them. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

Maybe Steam should create a Top Trumps type game based on people's Steam game collections. It would definitely sell more games as people try to get games with better "stats". At least that way there'd be some extra use for those games we never get around to playing.

On topic: No purchases yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

suppafly wrote: »
    Must say I was tempted to grab Max Payne 3 today as its on 50% off so on;y €24.99 instead of €50.

Origin are also have their own summer deals too. Just grabbed Mass Effect 3 for 24.99 too

only £14.99 stg on this side of the channel :D

will keep this in storage until i build a new machine!

• Advertisement
Advertisement