Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So lets get ready for steam sale, lads!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

i know, i am just being inpatient! I just like have everything sorted and right, hate when it is all half arsed. :o

anyway its all sorted. canceled that order and put order for crucial m4 256gb. :cool: was told it will be at my doorstep by friday!

Me thinks your just showing that your getting a new SSD ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I feel very dirty for saying this but I think I may get mw3 if its dirt cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Magill wrote: »
    Me thinks your just showing that your getting a new SSD ! :D

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Or the "lesser race", will stone me for it as it costs as much as the xbox or ps3! :p

anyway, i am putting arma 2 for dayZ mod in to my wish box too, turns out i dont have steam version of it :(. i know i wanted to get it, but i did not bought in the end.

*just joking lads, its about games and not platform yada yada booboo and all that sort of thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Headshot wrote: »

there shold be a huge chance of it to go low this time.

we just had a sale where DLCs for mw3 were going half price! for activision its just MAD! :eek:
    I guess MW3 is just failing A LOT on PC, so they are trying to get some more people in with those sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hoping theres a nice discount on Anno 2070 and Sins of a Solar Empire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

Go away steam. I'm just after buying every fecking Dawn of War game. Playing videogames is stressful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Would like Anno 2070 and Tropico 4 and Batman AC if its cheap enough, just have €25 to spend this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Do your worst, Steam. I am made of stone! You'll not see penny one from me, you slag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Anno 2070 or Sins of a solar empire? Which should I get?
    Bearing in mind I like RTS games such as Company of heros, shogun 2, command and conquer, age of empires and supreme commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Jaafa wrote: »
    Bearing in mind I like RTS games such as Company of heros, shogun 2, command and conquer, age of empires and supreme commander.

They are both different types of games.

Anno is about juggling your economy while Sins is about destroying everything with lasers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Headshot wrote: »

If its less than 20 quid ill buy it for the spec ops alone. I love the MW spec ops.

Other things I will be buying:

Dead island
    GTA series
    Fallout series
    Deus Ex
    Mass Effect 3
    Saints Row The Third
    Stalker series
    Anything I'm leaving out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Really hoping for some of the GTA / Fallout games to go on offer. I've played them all to death on console already but I'd love an excuse to play through them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

when does this start? -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

MadYaker wrote: »
    If its less than 20 quid ill buy it for the spec ops alone. I love the MW spec ops.

Other things I will be buying:

Dead island
    GTA series
    Fallout series
    Deus Ex
    Mass Effect 3
    Saints Row The Third
    Stalker series
    Anything I'm leaving out?

mass effect 3 wont be on sale on steam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Based on the other games you like I would say Sins is your better bet.

Hoping the expansion will go on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Based on the other games you like I would say Sins is your better bet.

Hoping the expansion will go on sale.

BTW Anno is pretty cheap already on zavvi.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sniper Elite and Max Payne 3 will be on my list if they come out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im gonna top up my o2 card via my bank and hopefully the cash will be there thursday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Am hoping The walking Dead comes down in price. Also depending on the prices, I may pick up the Fallout collection.
    Beyond that I don't think there is anything I am really looking for.
    There is a few games on my wishlist that I already have physical copies of, and if they are reduced enough I might pick up just to have in my Steam library, but other than that I am not planning on buying much.

Having said that I'll probably blow €100 on games I'll never play (like I did at Christmas) because they are less than €5 and sure why wouldn't you buy it at that price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Am hoping The walking Dead comes down in price. Also depending on the prices, I may pick up the Fallout collection.
    Beyond that I don't think there is anything I am really looking for.
    There is a few games on my wishlist that I already have physical copies of, and if they are reduced enough I might pick up just to have in my Steam library, but other than that I am not planning on buying much.
    Why not save yourself some money and simply add them to steam directly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

There's very little chance I'll pick up much in this sale, I've just too many games stockpiled from the previous four sales / Amazon sales - I reckon I've about 18 months worth of games untouched! I need to be very disciplined, as if I buy shiny newer games this time around, it really lessens the chance that I'll ever start those unplayed games (Red Faction: Guerrilla, Saint's Row 2, etc etc) that are a good few years old at this stage but still look relatively interesting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Nody wrote: »
    Why not save yourself some money and simply add them to steam directly?

Not all games can be added to Steam. I can add a shortcut, but it isn't the same thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ionapaul wrote: »
    There's very little chance I'll pick up much in this sale, I've just too many games stockpiled from the previous four sales / Amazon sales - I reckon I've about 18 months worth of games untouched! I need to be very disciplined, as if I buy shiny newer games this time around, it really lessens the chance that I'll ever start those unplayed games (Red Faction: Guerrilla, Saint's Row 2, etc etc) that are a good few years old at this stage but still look relatively interesting to me.

same here all I really want in endless space and warlock masters of arcane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

ionapaul wrote: »
    I need to be very disciplined, as if I buy shiny newer games this time around, it really lessens the chance that I'll ever start those unplayed games (Red Faction: Guerrilla, Saint's Row 2, etc etc) that are a good few years old at this stage but still look relatively interesting to me.

Try Red Faction: Guerrilla, its great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

Done got an SSD just like mister crucial m4 over there and fresh installed,
    What games should I re-install to be ready for any achievement giveaways do y'alls think?

I'm already on the free/valve usuals.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Done got an SSD just like mister crucial m4 over there and fresh installed,
    What games should I re-install to be ready for any achievement giveaways do y'alls think?

I'm already on the free/valve usuals.

All the indie games achievements on them already I suppose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Staying clear this time - honest. I have over 170 games on my Steam account, mostly from previous sales and I reckon I've played less than 50% of them and completed less than 15%.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Staying clear this time - honest. I have over 170 games on my Steam account, mostly from previous sales and I reckon I've played less than 50% of them and completed less than 15%.

But but, its a steam sale....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

ED E wrote: »
    But but, its a steam sale....

Don't worry, He will end up buying more than the rest of us:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So expecting the sale to start in about 7 hours?

Advertisement