Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So lets get ready for steam sale, lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Even Vanilla SimCity4 is excellent. Sunk so many hours into that game two or three years back and was so proud of my main city. It was glorious! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Yea, but it really does need some transit improvements. There's only so much vanilla transit systems can handle :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

**** it I just bought Medieval II. Even though I've already bought Shogun II. Couldn't resist that price point. Then I started looking at mods for it and saw the LoTR one. Great decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pretty annoyed

Kept getting an error yesterday on the site and misses out on the GTA pack.

Bought the Total War pack to vent frustration

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dragon Age Origins? I've no interest really in unoriginal fantasy RPGs.... 7.50? Sure why not.

• Advertisement

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Still getting it, this caused me to miss out on GTA, I wont loose Total WAR!

Well problem resolved.

Appears they use Geocaching. I was being logged into the US site and wasnt allowed to make any purchases. Frustrated as youd think when I log into my account it would change to Ireland, missed out on GTA because of this?!?!

For anyone else

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ie

Is for Ireland, you will run into payment errors going to Steam from a google search and some desktop search app.s.

I'm not getting the error message anymore, just its not going past the confirm payment option screen

Have had to get onto steam support, still not working :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Just bought GTA collection and SW:KOTOR. Sickened I didn't get GTA for 9.99 but it's still a steal at 19.99. Can't find KOTOR 2, anyone know the story why it's not on Steam?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Opinicus wrote: »
    Just bought GTA collection and SW:KOTOR. Sickened I didn't get GTA for 9.99 but it's still a steal at 19.99. Can't find KOTOR 2, anyone know the story why it's not on Steam?

Not sure and it's annoying because I'd like to try it. It's a buggy mess so could be QA issues or perhaps it's just licensing problems.

• Advertisement

Played both of them years ago on the xbox but would be nice to play both of them just for nostalgia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Tiny and big grandpas leftovers is 5.99 and worth every cent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's 9.99 dollars on gog.com w/ soundtrack, drm free and you get to support gog.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dragon Age Origins? I've no interest really in unoriginal fantasy RPGs.... 7.50? Sure why not.

I'd play that again just to hear the banter between morigan and alastair, some of that was hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Not sure and it's annoying because I'd like to try it. It's a buggy mess so could be QA issues or perhaps it's just licensing problems.
    KotOR2 is perfectly playable... they just didn't have time to finish the story. It's a real pity that it's not on Steam because, IMO, it's a better game than the original

Reekwind wrote: »
    KotOR2 is perfectly playable... they just didn't have time to finish the story. It's a real pity that it's not on Steam because, IMO, it's a better game than the original

I've heard that all the unfinished content is actually in the game as well, they just didn't have time to QA it all. There's fan made patch that reinstates all the content. Really would love to give it ago because for all their flaws I find obsidian games far more interesting than Biowares since they are way better written while Bioware's level of writing isn't fairly dire.

No one else getting the problem when they click continue it goes to "working" then back to continue when trying to make a purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Try a different credit card or pay through paypal with your credit card.

Monotype wrote: »
    Try a different credit card or pay through paypal with your credit card.

Regardless of payment option same thing happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Regardless of payment option same thing happens

Give me your credit card details and I'll try it for you, ....see if it's a problem specific to your computer :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just bought Square Enix/Eidos Hit Collection (Summer 2012) and Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers. Couldn't resist the Square Collection as you get all the Deus Ex games, some Hitman, Just Cause 2, some Thief and some Tomb Raider games.

Have it on the PS3 and never really got around to playing it beyond an hour or so. Had no real interest but then I saw it at 7.49 and thought, I need this game asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Damn it!

Recettear/Carpe Fulgur/Chantelise going for cheap.

I shouldn't because they're a small dev... but then again I'm not made of money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

No one else getting the problem when they click continue it goes to "working" then back to continue when trying to make a purchase?

Happened a few times during the sale (was uisng PayPal)

Tried again half an hour later and worked fine. Servers were probably overloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Which would be better

Sega pack or Steam pack

What's steam pack? The Valve complete one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I quite enjoyed Dragon Age. Make sure you get the Ultimate Edition though as there are two of them on there at the same price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Missed out on the GTA pack by one hour, topped up my O2 card yesterday hoping it'd go through in time and only got a text at 7am this morning, one hour too late. Total War pack and STALKER CoP tempting me now though

Is there much difference between the Total War games? Played Rome briefly a few years ago and enjoyed it so want to try one again but if they're all much the same then I might as well just get one of them

Also any way to tie my retail copy of STALKER SoC to steam? Need it for the loyalty promo discount for CoP

Niska wrote: »
    Happened a few times during the sale (was uisng PayPal)

Tried again half an hour later and worked fine. Servers were probably overloaded.

28 hours?

• Advertisement

Monotype wrote: »
    What's steam pack? The Valve complete one?

yup sorry, the valve pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Picked up the 2k games pack. Never played borderlands and the second looks shaping up to be excellent. Never played Bioshock or any of the Civ games either and I'm already loving Civ V. Duke Nukem is meh, might get around to it and I was planning on picking up Spec Ops:The Line anyway so can't go wrong for €50 really!! Oh and the Darkness 2 but I might have to try pick up the first!!

All funded from selling an off hand weapon in D3. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Nollog

allanb49 wrote: »
    yup sorry, the valve pack

what games do you already own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I've heard that all the unfinished content is actually in the game as well, they just didn't have time to QA it all. There's fan made patch that reinstates all the content. Really would love to give it ago because for all their flaws I find obsidian games far more interesting than Biowares since they are way better written while Bioware's level of writing isn't fairly dire.

Well it looks like some of the cut content from II is being incorporated in some form into SWTOR...meatbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

28 hours?

Are you purchasing from outside of Ireland?

If so I had the same problem a couple of months back. I was in the US and wanted to purchase something through Steam.

Unfortunately you have to contact support and they change some Region restriction setting on your account. Once they have that done you have to use the cc=ie address to continue and make your purchase.

Very annoying, especially during a sale because it can take 48h - 72h for support to get back to you when they've made the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

bought dragon age origin just now. will i play it? **** knows, but its better to have it in case nuclear war and the only thing that will survive is going to be my pc and valve servers.

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    what games do you already own?

have half life 1 and the expansions and the orange box on the xbox.

TF2, Witcher, FM12, Plants v Zombies, Star Wars pack jedi knight etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

I've now voted 20 times. Only 1 task left to complete the badge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Good sale for me so far. Picked up quite a few titles that i've wanted for a while. Got refunded on Borderlands (got the wrong version), so hoping to see the GOTY edition again at some stage.

W40K: Space Marine
    Assassins Creed: Revelations
    Alan Wake collection
    Batman: Arkham City + DLC
    Metro 2033
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Sins Trinity
    Stalker: CoP

When is the sale over?

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    Are you purchasing from outside of Ireland?

If so I had the same problem a couple of months back. I was in the US and wanted to purchase something through Steam.

Unfortunately you have to contact support and they change some Region restriction setting on your account. Once they have that done you have to use the cc=ie address to continue and make your purchase.

Very annoying, especially during a sale because it can take 48h - 72h for support to get back to you when they've made the change.

nope, in ireland, one of the lads gonna gift me the stuff i want, or ill just try when i get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Last day is the 22nd so guess the deals will finish on the 23rd

Just bought the STALKER series & Medieval 2 Total War for a combined €12, happy with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

The 2k bundle is such good value. Probably the bundle I want to get most. Have played Borderlands but its worth of a second play through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kiith wrote: »
    Good sale for me so far. Picked up quite a few titles that i've wanted for a while. Got refunded on Borderlands (got the wrong version), so hoping to see the GOTY edition again at some stage.

W40K: Space Marine
    Assassins Creed: Revelations
    Alan Wake collection
    Batman: Arkham City + DLC
    Metro 2033
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Sins Trinity
    Stalker: CoP

When is the sale over?
    How much was WH40k SM? It's only my buy list but I've not seen it in the flash/daily sales yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nody wrote: »
    How much was WH40k SM? It's only my buy list but I've not seen it in the flash/daily sales yet.

Got it for €4.99 on the 1st day of the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Kiith wrote: »
    Got it for €4.99 on the 1st day of the sale.

I got it in a midweek madness/weekend deal about a week before the sale started

allanb49 wrote: »
    have half life 1 and the expansions and the orange box on the xbox.

TF2, Witcher, FM12, Plants v Zombies, Star Wars pack jedi knight etc

So you don't have any games already from Valve on PC? Probably a good buy then. L4D2 and Portal are good fun. If you know anyone in UK that could gift it for you, it's a fair amount cheaper. Alternatively you can use VPN to fake a UK address but I think Valve don't like you doing that (and it requires some effort).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Is the Carpe Fulgur Collection any good? Recettear seems to get decent reviews but the other two are more mixed on Metacritic etc. It is nice to see games like these get released though so I'm a bit torn..

I'm also hoping for some kind of deal on Lone Survivor, it looks very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

After a while i bring up steam and see the 00:00:00 on the deals and then hit F5, one of my favourite parts of the flash deals and the community picks.

Going to wait till the next sale for sins of a solar empire rebellion, was just going to be playing the star wars mods any way so may as well wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

28 hours?

Nope -within the hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nody wrote: »

Currently in the Voters Choice so it might be 4.99 in a couple of hours.

I've gone a bit crazy.

Jurassic Park - 7.49
    The Walking Dead - 14.99
    Mirrors Edge - 2.49
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trilogy - 8.44
    Company of Heroes + Opposing Forces - 3.73
    Cave Story+ - 2.49
    Fable 3 Collection - 11.49
    KotOR - 2.24
    Double Fine Collection - 6.74
    Red Faction Guerilla - 2.49
    Saints Row 3 - 7.49
    Sim City 4 (got up at 4am for this, #steamsummershame) - 2.49

72.57 but thankfully I had about 65 from selling my old PSP Go!

I need to stop now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Thoughts on EYE: Divine Cybermancy? Worth getting for 2.50?

• Advertisement
Advertisement