Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So lets get ready for steam sale, lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

RolandIRL wrote: »
    Thoughts on EYE: Divine Cybermancy? Worth getting for 2.50?

its... interesting... just make sure you got time and patients to learn it as there so much thrown at you from start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

its... interesting... just make sure you got time and patients to learn it as there so much thrown at you from start.

Well that I don't have atm. I'll leave it til the next sale so. Probably wouldn't have played it in the time in between anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

RolandIRL wrote: »
    Thoughts on EYE: Divine Cybermancy? Worth getting for 2.50?

it was the most bizarre game I've ever played and I'm not even sure if I was having fun when I played it. I'm not even sure I can describe it. Maybe I can with an image.

http://i.imgur.com/94CqS.png

That's as well as I can describe my experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Picked up Dreamfall. Hope there's nothing else decent until tomorrow when I get paid because I'm broke!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah Dreamfall, one of those games where wrestling with the gameplay does pay narrative dividends for the committed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

WHERE ARE MY NEW DEALS?!

#crack #addicted

:)

And there we go. I want to know what's not available in my region! Witcher 2 is good but I think it's still cheaper on GOG for the moment and it comes with the first one too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

ah ffs , only 8 offers and one "not available"..balls to that
    (actually looking at the steam forums its not showing up for other countries so it may just be a glitch)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Krater looks interesting, anyone played it?
    Witcher 2 is also up with 60% off. I think this is the best we are gonna get

Nothing else of interest today for me.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ah ffs , only 8 offers and one "not available"..balls to that
    (actually looking at the steam forums its not showing up for other countries so it may just be a glitch)

Its an Indie Bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've to go to England to meet a load of mates for a pissup this weekend....however...I have no moneyz :( ...
    Stupid STEAM SALE has me in debt :P

aibx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

the witcher 1 enhanced edition directors cut is only 2 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

guys l.a noire or alan wake. which is better from someone whos played both? have 8 euro left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think i am at that stage, where deals are not BAD, but just i own almost everything that is good. :D

even todays sale, i own already:
    amnesia
    fallout
    witcher 2
    *alan wake on xbox
    *Plants vs zombies on iOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

My haul so far

Trine
    Trine 2
    Fallout NV: UE
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    Star Wars KoToR
    Tropico 4
    CKII: Sword of Islam

all for less than €30

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't seem to click the Fallout NV deal. Just reloads the home page for some reason :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Kiith wrote: »
    I can't seem to click the Fallout NV deal. Just reloads the home page for some reason :o

Ditto. Can always just type Fallout in the search box though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

"We're sorry, game not available in your region" game on the bottom right of the grid. What is the hidden game??

ffs, i dont know if i should buy total war pack... i got shogun 2 with new dlc already and i hardly find time for it. on the other hand 13eu is very tempting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The hidden game is an Indie Bundle with Demolition Inc., HOARD, SOL: Exodus, Swords and Soldiers, Wings of Prey. Keep refreshing and it will show up.

Anyway. Lads. Krater. Any good? Youtubed a lets play but i need more convincing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ah Dreamfall, one of those games where wrestling with the gameplay does pay narrative dividends for the committed.
    Lots of Irish voice acting in Dreamfall. It was weird to have real Irish accents, rather than Oirish ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So who wants to buy me The Witcher 2? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

grizzly wrote: »
    "We're sorry, game not available in your region" game on the bottom right of the grid. What is the hidden game??

Indie Bundle VIII
    DAILY DEAL! Offer ends in 35:35:03
    -75%
    39,99€
    9,99€
    ADD TO CART
    Items included in this bundle

Demolition Inc.
    Released 19 Sep 2011
    -66% 9,99€
    3,39€

HOARD
    Released 5 Apr 2011
    -40% 9,99€
    5,99€

SOL: Exodus
    Released 25 Jan 2012
    -50% 9,99€
    4,99€

Swords and Soldiers HD
    Released 2 Dec 2010
    -75% 10,99€
    2,74€

Wings of Prey
    Released 8 Jan 2010
    -75% 14,99€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I've to go to England to meet a load of mates for a pissup this weekend....however...I have no moneyz :( ...

aibx.jpg

Considering one of the things they ask you on the phone when you're on to the bank/cc is you last transactions it may not be safe to post that.

Or you could add a few more transactions, that way you money is safe (with valve).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

the left 4 dead franchise is on sale too. is left 4 dead 2 worth getting? is there still much of a community playing it online? also is there and mods etc to extent the life of it much? thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id buy fallout new vegas but Fallout 3 is the only game in my massive collection that crashes on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

A mod to allow the game to be a seamless single player game would be awesome, rather than just chapters. Can not understand, for the life of me, why they would not just put the single player mode in correctly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Oh good, I'm not the only one. I just moved to Manchester. Multiple train journeys and Steam have left me in a similar position.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    the left 4 dead franchise is on sale too. is left 4 dead 2 worth getting? is there still much of a community playing it online? also is there and mods etc to extent the life of it much? thanks

There is a decent number still playing, and if you tend to play late at night, then just change your download location/region to US locations to play with/against americans, who will be on at that time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'll definitely be playing more Left for Dead 2 anyway

Holy crap I didn't expect it to be this much fun with people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just to let people now GOG are doing a sale on The Witcher 2. You get it for $16.98 and it includes the original one as well. It's also completely DRM free and you get to support the awesome GOG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Probably just me, but i actually prefer buying things on steam vs a DRM free version :s. Weird.

I was annoyed that Batman : AC needed Games for Windows ( I had AA but had forgotten it was required)

I also prefer to buy via STEAM and have everything there immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I just add it into Steam manually, no biggie. I just picked it up there and my machine won't even run it. Buying for the future :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Anyone know if its possible to get Amnesia working well on an Intel Integrated card? Tried the demo a while back and there's no image, just sound when I start it, I read about some problem with Intel cards but never bothered trying to get it working. Tempting at €3.74

Already bought 5 games today but Fallout NV is tempting me now as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Very tempted by the original Longest Journey. I liked Broken Sword should I expect to like this? ?

Total War Megapack still tempting me. Also, what is Nexuiz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I haven't played the new Nexuiz but it's based on a free game which I have played. Kind of like UT or quake style play.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Jernal wrote: »
    Very tempted by the original Longest Journey. I liked Broken Sword should I expect to like this? ?

Total War Megapack still tempting me. Also, what is Nexuiz?

The original Longest Journey is great!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just be prepared for a few logical roadblocks in The Longest Journey, as is tradition with point and click games. I actually never got to the end as there was a bit involving cliffs that just pissed me off too much :o Was good up to then.

Dreamfall is good though, barring the generally ****e gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dammit, said I wouldn't buy anything else then The Witcher 2 enhanced shows up. Hmmmmz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Nollog

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    hehehe
    Yes.
    bren50c wrote: »
    guys l.a noire or alan wake. which is better from someone whos played both? have 8 euro left.

I haven't played either, but Alan Wake is more "hey this is a horror game!", while L.A. Noire is more of a "hey I have faces and i am a detective hey look it's the 50's and i'm gta in reverse."

Both good games.
    Some people say la noire is boring, due to it be an investigation game where you solve mysteries by going through conversations with witnesses etc.
    It's not all guns and car chases in law enforcement.

Alan Wake isn't made by rockstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd blame the motor tax. :)

Hmmm nothing really that I want today. I do not want the Alan Wake games, I do not want the Alan Wake games, I do not want the Alan Wake games....

.... Fine I'll buy the STALKER games you were forcing me to buy yesterday.
    Why'd I join this board again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Today I am mostly tempted by:

Total War Pack
    Stalker Pack
    The Longest Journey

Thoughts? Also, is Steam down for anyone else right now (20:00)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭omerin

nope, working fine. Got wings of prey @ under €4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Today I am mostly tempted by:

Total War Pack
    Stalker Pack
    The Longest Journey

Thoughts? Also, is Steam down for anyone else right now (20:00)?

The Total War pack could provide you hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay. For €12.50 it's an unbelievable deal. I'd buy it if I didn't own all the games already.

Can't comment on the other two, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Caved on the Tribes starter pack, can't go too wrong for less than a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Caved on the Tribes starter pack, can't go too wrong for less than a fiver.

Base game is free, unless you're certain I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

danthefan wrote: »
    The Total War pack could provide you hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay. For €12.50 it's an unbelievable deal. I'd buy it if I didn't own all the games already.

Can't comment on the other two, sorry.

Aaaaand the spending continues. I didn't buy the whole Total War pack, just Rome (and Alexander) for €3.73. The value in this sale is amazing!! Also got The Longest Journey (I own Dreamfall already), and Stalker too. Thinking I should avoid the PC on Sunday.

That said, I still haven't broken €40, and I've about 17 new games to show for it!

I love you Steam Summer Sale :D

Damages so far :
    The Longest Journey - €2.49
    Bit Trip Runner - €1.99
    Sins of A Solar Empire : Trinity. €3.74
    Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit. -€4.99
    Just Cause 2 - €4.99
    Unreal Tournament 2004 Editors Edition - €3.74.
    Mirrors Edge - €2.49
    Assassins Creed II DE- €4.99
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood DE - €7.49
    Red Faction: Guerrilla - €2.49
    Cave Story+ €2.49
    Prince of Persia Complete -€10.99
    Bastion -€3.49
    Frozen Synapse -€4.59
    Orcs must Die - €4.49
    Binding of Isaac - €2.23
    Terraria - €2.49
    Street Fighter AE - €7.49.
    Worms Reloaded GOTY Edition - €5.74
    Portal 2 - €4.99

Total - €88.39.

Still want (Prices until July 23rd.):
    Arma CO (€19.99)
    Splinter Cell Conviction (€13.39)
    Test Drive Unlimited 2 (€9.99)

Had put aside €50 to renew my boards.ie subscription but ahem, :o, I've used some of that allocation and I may need more of it. Subscribing is going to have wait. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else getting a 3 day flash sale for E.Y.E. and 0% off Dead Island?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a 3 day flash sale for E.Y.E. and 0% off Dead Island?

Yep just a temporary bug, wonder will they have an iteration of the bug with it for 100% off? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement