Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So lets get ready for steam sale, lads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Borderlands GoTY for €7.50 and Crysis Max Edition for €5.99, anxiously waiting for my O2 card top up to go through in the next two hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

J-blk wrote: »
    Last week my Steam account had about 15 games in it... It's now up to 145 :D (I do have a LOT of catching up to do being PC-less for several years).

o_O

Borderlands DLC any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

nesf wrote: »

Yes. Everything Borderlands is good to be honest. Really enjoyed the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Could everyone do me a big favour ?

Please do not use Steam for the next 24hours.
    I really want to finish my downloads :D

But in all seriousness its become impossible for me to get a good
    download rate. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Vampire: Bloodlines (to abbreviate) is on flash sale for the next hour and a half. If any RPG fan doesn't have it then get it now. A classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

vote for warlock plox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Reekwind wrote: »
    Vampire: Bloodlines (to abbreviate) is on flash sale for the next hour and a half. If any RPG fan doesn't have it then get it now. A classic

Played it years ago. Love it. Bought it again, and bought a copy for a friend. Getting it to run on W7 64-bit is the next step. I found a great tutorial video though, so here's hoping!

Think I'll go Malkavian this time. I was Ventrue the first time (possibly most boring choice, but I liked their stats).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

nesf wrote: »

They weren't earth shattering, but I found them all decent. Except Moxxi's Underdome, that was just repetitive and horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, have bought it earlier. Now I have to see about getting it running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Played it years ago. Love it. Bought it again, and bought a copy for a friend. Getting it to run on W7 64-bit is the next step. I found a great tutorial video though, so here's hoping!

Think I'll go Malkavian this time. I was Ventrue the first time (possibly most boring choice, but I liked their stats).

You have it lucky...... I'm using Windows 8 :confused:

Vampire and Borderlands DLC picked up. I'm weak... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Playing Malkavian is mad, you end up having arguments with stopsigns!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Mraddgamer wrote: »
    I would love to have a epic gaming pc so i could buy all these games :(
    TBH a lot of the games on sale are quite old (and cheap) so you dont necessarily need an epic gaming rig...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the_syco wrote: »
    Is "Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition" any good? Thinking of getting it.
    Feck, it's gone from 75% off to only 50% off; not enough in my Paypal account to buy it now :|

Only having €4.03 in the account is a curse, but also saves me from buying games that I may never play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As tomorrow/Monday is the end of the sale, how does it work? Like at roughly what time would the last deal be posted?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

8 years old and still €20 new. Ridiculous. Glad I have the disc myself. Even at €4.99 it's over-priced at this stage. Never mind that anyway as Arx Fatalis is at €1.99. A classic priced correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

BS3yx.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

And Tropico has come back to tease me again. Rayman is very tempting also.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    As tomorrow/Monday is the end of the sale, how does it work? Like at roughly what time would the last deal be posted?

The last sale with new items will be tonight at 6pm and those deals will last for 36hrs. Then on Sunday which is the final day of sale you'll have the most popular deals available again at 6pm for another 36hrs. After which point the whole sale is over and all prices to reset to their normal value.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Bought Borderlands GOTY.

Played it before on Xbox without the DLC. Always meant to replay it. Shedding money like it's on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mewso wrote: »
    8 years old and still €20 new. Ridiculous. Glad I have the disc myself. Even at €4.99 it's over-priced at this stage. Never mind that anyway as Arx Fatalis is at €1.99. A classic priced correctly.

same, would get it for 2.50 for a back up.

BS3yx.png
    Where? Still showing as €19.99 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Where? Still showing as €19.99 for me.

I think it was a cruel cruel joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

BS3yx.png
    F*ck you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyone out there up for some Borderlands at some point? Not able to play for a bit but I wouldn't mind having some people on the friends list for when I can. Username is MitchKoobski, believe it or not.

Got Crysis Warhead for €2.99. The multiplayer part is all I want, so I can play the MechLivingLegends mod with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Got Crysis Warhead for €2.99. The multiplayer part is all I want, so I can play the MechLivingLegends mod with it.

Do you need Cry1 too? I want it for the same reason + benching :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Morrowind GOTY is a fiver in the flash sales for the next half hour - only saw it accidentally. Time to get modding :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Delighted with company of Heroes forgot how good that game was and unlike the rest of my Steam purchases it hasn't aged horribly in a very short space of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jernal wrote: »
    The last sale with new items will be tonight at 6pm and those deals will last for 36hrs. Then on Sunday which is the final day of sale you'll have the most popular deals available again at 6pm for another 36hrs. After which point the whole sale is over and all prices to reset to their normal value.

I assume that's the daily deals? Would you know about the flash deals. Last one be about 2 am tomorrow night or earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone having any issues launching Driver through uplay?

I've already activated my account through the e-mail linky btw.

When i click the Play button, absolutely nothing happens.

Its been like that for 10 minutes now.

What a piece of **** software!

I tried closing the program and opening it again and to no avail.

And yes, I'm launching it from Steam first.

I wonder if ubisofts server is over loaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

Btw the second search result for "driver san francisco won't start uplay" is hilarious!

https://www.google.ie/search?sugexp=chrome,mod=5&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=driver+san+francisco+won't+start+uplay

If i don't get this launching today I might just use that link as a solution! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

They discounted ARMA 2...

Don't expect Steam to be available for a few hours :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nothing that grabs my attention there tbh, think I'll keep my money for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's weird that after seeing nothing i wanted in the sale today, the first thing i thought was "Thank god!" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Arma II 40% off. Says it all about the renewed popularity really. Game used normally be 75% off. Now to rebuy Arma II.:o

ED E wrote: »
    Do you need Cry1 too? I want it for the same reason + benching :)
    http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/faq/#1.7
    With our latest release 0.4.0 we also support Crysis Wars. After 0.5.0 we will only support Wars.
    Wars being the multiplayer aspect of Warhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Balls. Arma II:CO €15. I only have €13 left in my account and was counting on at least 50% off.

I bought Oblivion, Morrowind and Red Orchestra 2 this morning as I was sure if Arma went on sale it'd be no more than 12.50. Sickened

Is ARMA 2 worth getting for DayZ? It seems there's a lot of dickhead players just from reading comments on it, griefing etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

More to the point, is there any reason getting ArmaII if you don't plan to play Day Z?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

titan18 wrote: »
    Is ARMA 2 worth getting for DayZ? It seems there's a lot of dickhead players just from reading comments on it, griefing etc
    More to the point, is there any reason getting ArmaII if you don't plan to play Day Z?

Brilliant game regardless of Dayz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

titan18 wrote: »

Well worth it imo.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Brilliant game regardless of Dayz.

i would not call it a game as such. It is really great if you are a nerd for weaponary, war machines and simulation. if you are looking for a first person shooter, then its not a good choice.

anyway, i just got it. how big is full arma 2 + arrowhead? shows me 8gb each, so 16gb total?

lads, i started playing sins of solar empire. just few questions:

does it not have a proper campaign?
    how do you increase ship supply?

cheers

lads, i started playing sins of solar empire. just few questions:

does it not have a proper campaign?
    how do you increase ship supply?

cheers

Was playing it myself. There's no campaign sadly, it's just the single and multi player stuff. To increase ship supply, on the research tab, go to fleet logistics and its the 2nd row of upgrades on that. The first is for increasing the amount of capital ships you can have. Increasing ship supply increases the amount you pay so you need to increase the amount of colonies you have for it to be effective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Balls. Arma II:CO €15. I only have €13 left in my account and was counting on at least 50% off.

I bought Oblivion, Morrowind and Red Orchestra 2 this morning as I was sure if Arma went on sale it'd be no more than 12.50. Sickened

Arma II is €8.99 - Arma II: CO is €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone got any input on Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2. The vanilla game is €5, but there is €15 worth of DLC :eek: Is the DLC worth it? I have no bother buying the lot of it for €20 if the DLC is singleplayer worthy, or is it alot of multiplayer orientated DLC?

Or yeah, and is the game itself any good? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone got any input on Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2. The vanilla game is €5, but there is €15 worth of DLC :eek: Is the DLC worth it? I have no bother buying the lot of it for €20 if the DLC is singleplayer worthy, or is it alot of multiplayer orientated DLC?

Or yeah, and is the game itself any good? :rolleyes:

That's the price for individual DLCs, but the whole Dawn of war franchise is 20 as well.

The DLC pack is 5.49 but It's also all for retribution and not the base game which is also not 5, that's for dawn of war II and a expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

i would not call it a game as such. It is really great if you are a nerd for weaponary, war machines and simulation. if you are looking for a first person shooter, then its not a good choice.

anyway, i just got it. how big is full arma 2 + arrowhead? shows me 8gb each, so 16gb total?

Um... but it is a game?

If you dislike COD because of its arcade feel and prefer battlefield because of its simulation,this game is definitely worth a look.

The sheer scope of the map,weapons,vehicles and variety of mods put BF3 to shame in those aspects.

Theres certain things in Arma you wont get in BF3.

Like using a Chinook to carry a M1 Abrams tank to the main battle area while dodging AA fire,jets and helicopters because it would take 20 minutes to drive it there.

Or hearing a piloted CJ130 take a nose dive above you (using JSRS sound mod) from a few thousand feet only to practically blanket a town with fire.

It has its draw backs.
    Badly optimized.
    Some elements are clunky.
    Not as populated as BF3 servers.

BF3 is a great game,I have over 200 hours in it but Arma once given a chance is a great game that can offer something that BF3 can't and it makes a nice break from it.

In a way,BF3 is to Arma as COD is to BF3

And yep,16gb

Getting Dayz?

• Advertisement
Advertisement