Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing in Larchville!!??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Tis the tap water:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

S28382 wrote: »
    Tis the tap water:D

Oh it surely is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

michellie wrote: »
    People are so touchy around here lately.
    Your right and I don't know whydunnob.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

Im 23 will i ever live to see 24 the way things are goin i dont know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ain't easy livin in a Ganstas Paradise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

So what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

a lad was stabbed. his family were called to the hospital last night as he's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Unfortunately lads, we will have to wait for a politician or judge to be stabbed and killed before the gards will get off their ar$es and start doing random searches and increase penalties for those carrying weapons. The dog in the street could see 10 years ago that this was going to happen here as it had already happened in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

south wrote: »
    a lad was stabbed. his family were called to the hospital last night as he's not good.
    he is still alive as far as i know, please God he pulls through his and his familys sake. I find it astonishing why this thread is becoming a figure of humour for some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

MOD Note:

We all enjoy a laugh on this forum and personally I have a warped sense of humor so I appreciate the jokes.

However, this is not the pub. There is a very real possibility that the poor chaps family is reading this thread. So I'd appreciate it if we cut back on making light of incidents like this and just keep it to updates and general discussion.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Max Powers wrote: »
    Unfortunately lads, we will have to wait for a politician or judge to be stabbed and killed before the gards will get off their ar$es and start doing random searches and increase penalties for those carrying weapons. The dog in the street could see 10 years ago that this was going to happen here as it had already happened in the UK.

Random searched would be great but it wont go down well at all. People think that random searches should only be enforced on young fella's who wear hoodies, when imo if it comes in it should be enforced on everyone know matter what sex, race, age, fashion they are into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Random searched would be great but it wont go down well at all. People think that random searches should only be enforced on young fella's who wear hoodies, when imo if it comes in it should be enforced on everyone know matter what sex, race, age, fashion they are into.

Random searches? No thanks. It would be wide open to abuse and I don't think it is proper policing for the gardaí to be stopping and searching all and sundry.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Random searches? No thanks. It would be wide open to abuse and I don't think it is proper policing for the gardaí to be stopping and searching all and sundry.

I know what ya mean I was just saying my opinion on it since the other poster mentioned it.
    If it comes in it would have to be for everyone. Yes some cops will abuse their power which would be one obvious reason against it. Then you would have people who dont wear hoodies whinging about getting searched because they dont "look like" a scumbag, bla bla bla it wouldnt be do-able imho. Personally I couldnt give a shyte if I was walking down the road and some cop decided to search me randomly. I can see why it would annoy someone but Im never really in a rush to get anywhere so a minute or two wouldnt annoy me. haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No to random searches. Absolutely not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dlofnep wrote: »
    No to random searches. Absolutely not.

Sure we have this already.

Sully wrote: »

We actually do have an unofficial policy of random searching. Gardaí can stop and search you anytime they want.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    We actually do have an unofficial policy of random searching. Gardaí can stop and search you anytime they want.

Well its official but its open to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 xperi

a bit off the track, but does anyone know , that if a garda stops you & asks for your name do you have to identify yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

xperi wrote: »
    a bit off the track, but does anyone know , that if a garda stops you & asks for your name do you have to identify yourself ?

Yes you must

Sully wrote: »

As far as I knew, they have to suspect you of something (possession of drugs, etc..) Random searching without any justification for doing so, I wasn't aware of anything like that.

• Advertisement

That depends. There has been multiple debates on the Legal forum about that.
    As far as I knew, they have to suspect you of something (possession of drugs, etc..) Random searching without any justification for doing so, I wasn't aware of anything like that.

Yes, they need justification but they can make it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

When a guard stops you you have to by law give your name and address after that you dont have to give a thing and thats a fact, you dont have to have id on you to prove who you are but if you dont give your name and address you can be arrested i know this as i have attended a meeting about the correct procedures that you and the guards must follow when stopped, if you are stopped and they want to search you they must tell you what act they are searching you on and you can refuse but they do have the right to bring you to the station and make more of a deal of it then its worth......

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

I'm not aware of the story but from the line of conversation it seems the stabbing happened on the street as opposed to happening in a house. Is that true?

Waterford has a serious problem with violent crime either way. What can we do to address this? More Gardaí on the streets? Tougher sentences? Observation of known criminals/violent thugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Waterford has a serious problem with violent crime either way. What can we do to address this? More Gardaí on the streets? Tougher sentences? Observation of known criminals/violent thugs?

Pretty much all 3 but the likelyhood of any is depressingly slim

- More gardaí presence on our streets in the form of foot patrols.
    - We have an abundance of laws that needed to be acted upon. We don;t need any more laws to be introduced, let's work with the ones we have.
    - Tougher sentences for law breakers, in particular serial offenders.
    - Reduce or do away with concurrent sentencing.

Just seems to be completely out of control... Was up in Esso by Cleaboy there 2 days ago and a bunch of scumbags were fleecing the Slush Puppies and running out, not a bother to them. They walked up by Cleaboy then and hung out there. Yer one obviously saw them, but what could she do? If there was only one or two of them, I would have said something myself - but trying to take on 10 lads for the sake of a slush puppy would have been madness. I was pretty angered by how helpless the situation was though.

Just seems to be completely out of control... Was up in Esso by Cleaboy there 2 days ago and a bunch of scumbags were fleecing the Slush Puppies and running out, not a bother to them. They walked up by Cleaboy then and hung out there. Yer one obviously saw them, but what could she do? If there was only one or two of them, I would have said something myself - but trying to take on 10 lads for the sake of a slush puppy would have been madness. I was pretty angered by how helpless the situation was though.
    Thats the good thing about having a bike helmet. Maybe not 10 people but ya would stop one or two with a wide swing of it.

Exactly. And this is what they can and do use. That's all they need to do to stop people they suspect anyway, search and see. If they refuse, your arrested.

• Advertisement

SheFiend wrote: »
    I'm not aware of the story but from the line of conversation it seems the stabbing happened on the street as opposed to happening in a house. Is that true?
    Afaik fella heard his ex was in a house with her new fella. Ex went down with a knife, New fella got it off him and stabbed me man.
    We all know Chinese whispers and everything so what I heard was probably bullcrap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement