Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building pc Rfactor

Options
  • 08-07-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry in advance if im a bit of a noob dont no much about graphics cards and monitors should be ok with everything else:)Im going to get a gaming pc that is ONLY going to be used for rFactor and rfactor2 when its out.

1. What is your budget?
    400-500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    rfactor

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    no

5. Do you need a monitor?
    no

If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?Im using a 26 inch tv screen as a monitor.Is this any good?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    I may need a new keyboard

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    yes

8. How can you pay?
    Credit card,paypal,cash

9. When are you purchasing? In next month

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?Donegal Town

This really will only be used for rFactor as im building a pod for it.All help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

What resolution is your TV screen? Normally TVs are pretty bad and aren't great for computer monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭jimmyjoe951

dont no tbh ill check today.any ideas on what kinda pc i should get?

dont no tbh ill check today.any ideas on what kinda pc i should get?

A good one ;)

Something like this?

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€35.94
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€40.91
    LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA|€18.89
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB SATA 6GB's|€60.26
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€31.57
    ASRock H61M/U3S3 (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX|€55.07
    MSI R7750-PMD1GD5/OC, 1024MB DDR5, PCI-Express|€94.79
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155|€106.56
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€462.98

That's excluding Windows and a keyboard.

i think ill be ok with the tv.I didnt get the resolution yet but i do know its a 720p 26inch.As i said it willbe solely used for rfactor which doesent have much text or reading in it.If it was for an rpg game or the like id prob have to get a monitor but i shud be ok dont ya think?

i think ill be ok with the tv.I didnt get the resolution yet but i do know its a 720p 26inch.As i said it willbe solely used for rfactor which doesent have much text or reading in it.If it was for an rpg game or the like id prob have to get a monitor but i shud be ok dont ya think?

It's 720p? You don't need much power for that. Swap out the i3 for a Pentium/Celeron and you'll be fine. You can upgrade to an i5 or something later on if you feel you need the extra power.

• Advertisement

thanks for the info eboggles.I think ill stick with the i3 i dont mind spending the extra 30 or so.Ps. ive fixed ylod ps3s and some laptops to do ya think id be able to build the pc myself?any good utube links? does the website you suggested iget the parts put pcs together.Thanks

thanks for the info eboggles.I think ill stick with the i3 i dont mind spending the extra 30 or so.Ps. ive fixed ylod ps3s and some laptops to do ya think id be able to build the pc myself?any good utube links? does the website you suggested iget the parts put pcs together.Thanks

It's like expensive LEGO. If you've fixed YLODs you'll be grand. It's just a case of snapping the bits into place. They can build it for you for €20, but it is recommended you try it yourself.

I appreciate all your help. Thanks a million:)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Eboggles wrote: »
    What resolution is your TV screen? Normally TVs are pretty bad and aren't great for computer monitors.

is this just in general? I've always used a TV for pc gaming, that said it has just been my laptop up until now. I prefer a bigger screen, 32" at least, and don't sit at a normal desk mind as I prefer to be a bit away from it. obviously it's down to personal preference but think an LED TV is better than a monitor for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Eboggles wrote: »
    It's like expensive LEGO. If you've fixed YLODs you'll be grand. It's just a case of snapping the bits into place. They can build it for you for €20, but it is recommended you try it yourself.

+1
    You'll get a bit of a kick from putting it together yourself....and you know where the forum is if you need a bit of help along the way!

• Advertisement

Hi eboggles I'm actually going ahead now in the next week with this build...
    Is there anything on the list you would change?
    The ASrock socket isn't coming up for me

Advertisement