Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay lads lets cut to the heart of the Visa Debit card issue - ordering on Dominos.ie

Options
  • 08-07-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Has anyone managed to get this to work yet?

I'm a lazy lazy man, and I'm not arsed going out to get cash to come back in to get pizza, especially when it's raining. Somewhat defeats the purpose of getting a Visa card.

Thumbs up by the way BOI if you're reading this, managed to fix what ain't broken to begin with. Was fairly amazed that this card was just plopped in my letter box last week with no notice, and my laser card is now useless.

You wouldn't think about just leaving laser cards online for about a month while people sorted out bugs? Nah, that would be too sensible. -_-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi thomashood10,

Apologies that you aren't happy with your new Visa Debit card. We switched from Laser to Visa Debit as it would generally offer a greater worldwide and online acceptance along with more security and protection for our customers. I understand that you have had an issue using the card online and just want to check a few things so that I can report the issue for you.

Firstly, have you activated your Visa Debit card by using it in a Bank of Ireland ATM? You have two months to activate the card and your Laser card will continue to function until you do. If you haven't activated the card, you would be unable to use it online or at a point of sale.

If you have activated the card, what was the problem you encountered when you were trying to use the card with Dominos.ie? Did you receive any error messages?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'm living overseas and my postal mail has been switched off. I only occasionally use the Laser - will it expire before the expiry date?

Also if I live overseas how would I validate the Visa Debit in an ATM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi MadsL.

All Laser cards will be replaced with our new Visa Debit cards before the end of September 2012. As a result, your current Laser card will not remain active until its expiry date as all Laser cards are deactivated two months after the Visa Debit is due to be issued.

As you have the postal mail switched off on your account, we are unable to send the new Visa Debit card to you. Unfortunately, we cannot confirm when exactly your Laser card will deactivate without more information. If you could PM us with your name, contact number and account holding branch, I can arrange for a representative to give you a call. This will allow us to look into this matter in more detail and also confirm the nearest location where you can activate the new Visa Debit card.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Hi Laura,

I was contacted by the rep and was astonished to learn the following.

1. If I request the Visa debit card ahead of time I will be charged.
    2. I cannot get the card sent to me unless I change my billing address - naturally BoI are still in the 19th Century and this has to be done by post (which means I'm looking at about a month back-and-forth to get this organised. By the way your web team might want to look at the fact AIB allow changes of address (like most utilities) online instead of paper.
    How can I change my details (e.g. address, account details) held by AIB?
    Please contact our Customer Service Adviser team on 0818 724 724(International +353 1 771 2424).
    Enter your Registration Number, the requested digits of your PAC, and then dial 0 for a Customer Service Adviser. Any necessary checks and changes can be made immediately.
    http://www.aib.ie/servlet/Satellite?c=IBContent_C&cid=1231170959209&pagename=aib-IBHelpInfo%2Faib-ib_main&section=aib-S005#q03

I note that one other thread here notes that one branch even lost the paperwork even though someone emigrating went into the branch before they left for NZ. They now will doubtless be waiting a month for their funds as you don't accept fax instructions or online instructions.
    3. I'm reluctant to change my address as you will start sending me statements again which I do not want and consider a security risk.
    4. I cannot, even in writing (even sent by mailcoach or carrier pigeon) send a special instruction to the bank to send my card to a particular address.

With so many people emigrating, could you as a bank please get with the plot and stop making life so difficult for emigrees and modernise your processes. Fax instructions are a part and parcel of modern life - many banks now use electronic signatures for instant instructions. I was absolutely astonished to learn BoI has removed fax facilities for new business accounts from 2009 :eek:

I hope your electronic banking is better for businesses than what consumer customers have to endure.

Doubtless you will come back with the line "We cannot comment on other bank's practices" - I'm actually asking for BoI to put the customer first instead of your outdated 'policies'.

If you want to answer one question, in summary. Why can I not change address online as other banks facilitate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi MadsL,
    MadsL wrote: »
    Why can I not change address online as other banks facilitate?

Thanks for your feedback on this issue. As you quite rightly said, we can't speak about other banks' procedures. However, we are committed to enhancing our customers' experience and we've passed your comments on to the relevant areas for consideration.

Also, to add to the above, we expect to have the facility for eStatements in place for Banking365 customers in the near future. We'll keep you updated on it in our forum.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement

Hi MadsL,

Thanks for your feedback on this issue. As you quite rightly said, we can't speak about other banks' procedures. However, we are committed to enhancing our customers' experience and we've passed your comments on to the relevant areas for consideration.

Also, to add to the above, we expect to have the facility for eStatements in place for Banking365 customers in the near future. We'll keep you updated on it in our forum.

Thanks,
    Graham

Thanks for the response Graham, please pass feedback (and I'm not the only one having grief) about the difficulties faced by overseas customers dealing with BoI.

BoI's absolute blind insistence on postal communication and stock response of "compliance" is complete nonsense in 2012, especially when other banks seem to manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Would just like to say one month on, this is still an issue

Has anyone managed to get around this? I'm not that annoyed about it, but it would be handy to get this sorted.

It just keeps getting declined. I have money in the bank, the card works for all face to face transactions, and ebay/paypal..

Still baffled as to why I NEED this card, I have a Mastercard from BOI already, don't know why this needed to be implemented so urgently.

If anyone who has had this issue with the card knows a fix, post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭number66

On the "managed to fix what ain't broken to begin with", you are not considering that the bank was not making enough money out of the lazer cards, when you used a lazer card the fee the bank received was a flat 25c , now that you are using Visa they get 2.5% of the value of the transaction. Good times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

number66 wrote: »
    On the "managed to fix what ain't broken to begin with", you are not considering that the bank was not making enough money out of the lazer cards, when you used a lazer card the fee the bank received was a flat 25c , now that you are using Visa they get 2.5% of the value of the transaction. Good times :)
    Ouch. I use my Laser for work and i put a lot through on it. I presume that's a charge to the merchant not the consumer?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭number66

Pottler wrote: »
    Ouch. I use my Laser for work and i put a lot through on it. I presume that's a charge to the merchant not the consumer?

The charge falls on the retailer/seller. The Laser card was loved by retailers due to it's low cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi thomashood10,

Thanks for contacting us.

Visa Debit offers more functionality and added security than Laser.
    It's also generally more accepted worldwide than Laser.
    More details can be found here:

When your card is declined on the Dominos website, does it give you any specific error message?

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have used an ulster bank visa debit on dominos without problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nern

I'm also unable to use my visa debit card to order online on dominos.ie

after entering the card details, im directed to the verified by visa page where I enter my password and then I get the following error:

"Payment declined Sorry, we are unable to authorise the payment on your card. Please try again."

I have checked the account and the funds are there to cover the transaction.

Any advice on what I should do?
    Any number I can call to check why the transaction was declined?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi nern,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are not aware of any issues with using Visa Debit on Dominos.ie. We are keen to look into this further, as we have had previous posts regarding this issue but have not had the opportunity to investigate a specific incident. Can you please PM us your name, contact phone number and the name of your account holding branch and I'll arrange for a representative to contact you?

As you have less than 25 posts you may not be able to PM us directly. I've sent you a private message from our side which you should be able to reply to with the details above.

Thanks,
    Tara

Hi Tara,

Did you recieve my PM sent yesterday with the details you requested.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi nern,

Apologies for the delay. We've received your PM. A representative will be getting in touch with you today.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi nern,

I've just sent you a pm, could you please have a look and come back to us as soon as you can.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Guys,

I'm having serious hassle with my visa debit card as well. I can use it in chip and pin and atm etc. However it is not working when I try to pay for stuff over the phone or online. It's a real hassle. Iwas just in a bank of ireland branch now and the solution was to send out a new card. Can anyone shed light on the problem here?

In my local shop they tell me that anyone with these new cards cannot get cash back either.

In my local shop they tell me that anyone with these new cards cannot get cash back either.

I have been offered cash back at a few different shops - So you can get it on visa debit cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

yes i get offered it,

But they can never process it. Their online banking is joke as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi smelly sock,

If you can please pm us with your name, contact number and the branch your account is held with and we will organise someone to give you a call and investigate this for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi nern,

I've just sent you a pm with the details you requested.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Visa debit card still not working on Dominos.ie, hope you get it sorted soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭eric90000

not working for me either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi robertowjr and eric90000.

Thanks for your queries.

There was a previous issue when a Visa Debit card was being used to make a purchase with Dominos.ie, however we have been advised that this is now resolved.

If you're still having trouble making a purchase with Dominos.ie, please PM us with your name, branch sort code and contact number so we can look into the matter further for you and arrange for a representative to give you a call.

Thank you.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

It still doesn't work with Dominos I'm afraid ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

I got my BOI debit card in the post yesterday and had to ring them up straight away as my name was spelled wrong. Its quite annoying when something so simple is not checked out properly. Like the correct spelling was on address but not card.
    So i was told take up to 10 days to reissue a new card and it usually costs e5 to process but because its their fault they will do it for free. Gosh how nice of them!

Thank god its not my main bank account (have been using PTSB one for years with no problems - BOI seem to be very behind the times!) and thank god i'm not a dominoes monster :)

Actually personally i think its crazy paying by debit/credit for pizza delivery and suchlike. The same with the stupid bloke over in tesco buying milk and a paper and whips out his card to pay for it! Does my brain in!
    Seems theres quite a few people who don't carry cash with them but c'mon have enough for a takeaway or small bit of shopping.
    Minimum spend on them should be e20 or e30 - never mind that tenner that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

just tried to order on dominos.ie still having the same problem.

Has anyone at BOI actually gone onto dominos.ie themselves to trace the issue? It has been reported fixed on this thread but still so many people myself including are still having this problem at the via verification stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 noproblemo

Hi I had a cheque cashed in my local branch during the week. As I was in Belfast over the weekend it showed up in my balance as £125 stg. On Friday evening I took £60 out. Last night I tried taking out £20. It just give me my card back and no money. When I put my card back in and checked my balance it said I had £7. Thinking there was a problem with that machine I tried another one down the street (not BOI) and it showed that I had £4 in my account. Friday was the first time I made a withdrawal with my new Visadebit card

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Our Visa Debit Team has investigated this in full and are not aware of any further issues with using Visa Debit cards on this particular website. They are now going to raise another investigation and we will update this thread when we have an update.

For anyone who should experience difficulties using their card on this or any other website, please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365, and a representative will investigate further for you.
    noproblemo wrote: »
    Hi I had a cheque cashed in my local branch during the week. As I was in Belfast over the weekend it showed up in my balance as £125 stg. On Friday evening I took £60 out. Last night I tried taking out £20. It just give me my card back and no money. When I put my card back in and checked my balance it said I had £7. Thinking there was a problem with that machine I tried another one down the street (not BOI) and it showed that I had £4 in my account. Friday was the first time I made a withdrawal with my new Visadebit card

Hi noproblemo,

As this is an account specific query, please call Banking 365 or your branch and a representative will look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement