Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question in regards to Pension

Options
  • 08-07-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all i have a quick question if any one can help me.

I was employeed with Zurich Insurance on a maternity contract and they informed me that it was manditory for them to deduct money for a pension. Even tough i was on a temporary contract.

i had asked them to see if they can reimburse me on it but i have not heard back from them.

i tried looking this up on the net but couldnt find any relevant information.

Well the question is does Zurich have to reimburse me for the pension or do they not have to?

Thanks for the help all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

If it's an Occupational Pension Scheme and you were working there for less than two years, you would usually be offered the opportunty to take a refund of the value of your contributions when you leave. Zurich would also receive a refund of whatever Employer contributions they put in for you.

Ask Zurich for a "leaving service options" letter in respect of your pension entitlements.

Advertisement