Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options
  • 08-07-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, so I posted about 6 months ago looking to build a computer. For a variety of reasons I never got a chance to buy and build. In the meantime my laptop died after more than 5 years service and I have been using my work laptop along with an Android tablet as a temporary solution. I've decided more or less on what I want and have included a build at the bottom of this post. I am also interested in purchasing from Komplett and QuietPC if possible. I've matched the below on Komplett to Hardwareversand and found the price difference to be very small. I also would like something that is quiet which can be a challenge for a high end pc.

1. What is your budget?
    1500+

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Home use, gaming, video editing

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    no

5. Do you need a monitor?
    no

If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?Im using a 26 inch tv screen as a monitor.Is this any good?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Potentially

8. How can you pay?
    Credit card,paypal,cash

9. When are you purchasing?
    This month

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    Dublin

Several points/questions about the build:
    1. I would like a quiet PC so going for a Fractal Design R3 - not available on Komplett
    2. I plan to keep this for several years so happy to max out on CPU and GPU now. Also I haven't spent anything on a computer in over 5 years so I believe I can justify going for the i7 and high end GPU
    3. As I said in point #1 I want a quiet PC so I need to know if I have enough case fans. Also is the 7970 going to be noisy and are their quieter versions available or should I look at an aftermarket cooler?

Suggested Build (Komplett)
    Item|Price
    Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5 GHz 8MB LGA1155|€319.95
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - Socket 1155 - ATX|€137.95
    ASUS Radeon HD7970-DC2-3GD5 - 3GB - PCI-E|€469.95
    Corsair Vengeance - 16 GB 1600 MHz PC3-12800|€104.95
    Noctua NH-D14 - 140mm|€77.95
    2 x Noctua NF-S12B FLX - Case fan - 120 mm|€43.90
    Cooler Master HTK-002-U1 - Thermal paste - white|€9.95
    WD 2TB 3.5" SATA-600 IntelliPower 64MB|€112.95
    Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" SATA600|€179.95
    Asus DVD Burner - 24B5ST|€29.95