Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish youtube beauty gurus.

• 08-07-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭

Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

Does anyone have any recommendations on Irish people who do beauty related videos on youtube? I watch a few American ones already but they use loads of products that you can only get in America etc.

Also too many people on youtube seem to not know that there are make up brands other than Mac out there!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

DazzleDust25 is an Irish beauty guru/blogger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

i like Leanne Woodfull, Little Kiva, Letz Makeup and Tar Mar, all do beauty/fashion related vids and all Irish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

I like themakeupchair and she doesnt seem to use mac or expensive make-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I watch MissBudgetBeauty, she's English but all of the products she discusses are available here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Allison91 wrote: »

Was in her year in school. Gas seeing her videos on Youtube! She is pretty good though, and a lovely girl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaygee

I just recently discovered this girl's blog!

http://ciaraallenmakeupartist.blogspot.ie/

I know its not a youtube guru but her blog is pretty good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

www.letzmakeup.com

A Galway girl who is fantastic in my opinion. Expertly trained and seems really down to earth and pratical. She has a huge following on youtube as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Thanks for the great suggestions. I'll check them out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Sharonmakeupartist is one Guru that I sometimes watch. Not actually subscribed to her but I do like watching her videos every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

the make up chair and anna saccone!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

LittleKiva youtube always watch it..Shes a dublin girl and they way she puts on her make up is impressive i think..She uses inglot a lot,never tried it,dont have an inglot counter in town where i live ,but it looks great the way she applies it especially the eyes they always look perfect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Allison91 wrote: »
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    Was in her year in school. Gas seeing her videos on Youtube! She is pretty good though, and a lovely girl :)

I subscribed to themakeupchair when I saw it recomended on here. She seems very good. I love the Red Carpet Glamour tutorial and the Friday Favourites.
    Only thing is her accent is driving me insane! One minute its Irish, next its American, nd then sometimes there's a bit of a British twang going on. Whats that all about?

After all your recommedations I started watching the Makeup Chair, makeupbysaz, leanne woodfull and the style diet. They're great. I think as regards the Makeup chair she probably lived in a few countries and has a mixture of accents :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

I've recently become obsessed with these videos. I like Leanne Woodfull, adoreabubbles,Fitznbitz, TarMar and Letzmakeup :-)

I looove sprinkleofglitter though, but she's English

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hopscotch21

yeah I LOVE letzmakeup, been watching her for years, littlekiva is fab too, then less good at makeup but i still like them is fitznbitz and princesswatshername

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

bubzbeauty is a Northern Irish beauty guru, extremely popular (almost as popular as Michelle). Been a follower for years now, altho she's currently living in Hong Kong.

beautycrush is from the UK, but I love her too, been following her for a year and a few good months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I also recommend Sharonmakeupartist and XDEimearByrne, both Irish aswell and do great makeup looks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I like Makeup Over Mind, she does lots of tutorials, she did a series where she did a video on the basics of each part of your make up that was really good. I like as well that she uses everything from MAC to Essence.

Oh and Simonelovesmakeup! She's Irish but is now a makeup artist in... Dubai? She does makeup for Bahrain's next top model and stuff. Puts up loooads of vids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Does anybody know of any?
    I think they would be easier to relate to, and the prices and products would be relevant.
    I'm kinda sick of watching US gurus rant on about inexpensive products we cant get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JessicaClare

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Threads Merged

Again, thanks to everyone for the names- after a good few weeks now of watching different ones I'd recommend these three as my favourite make up artists :-)

LetzMakeup http://www.youtube.com/user/LetzMakeup/feed

Simone Gannon http://www.youtube.com/user/simganno?feature=g-u-u

The Make up chair http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMakeupChair

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dramadramadrama

Heya sorry guys if i am commenting on a realy old thread but i just started a youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/DramaticMac/videos and i would love if you could check it out... I find that there are very few Irish gurus and they are really hard to find on youtube... Hope you like my channel sorry about the bad camera im getting a new one in 2weeks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

Another one for Letz Makeup! She's my favourite. Also watch Little Kiva and Leanne Woodfull from time to time too

Advertisement