Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Children at the cinema!!

• 08-07-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Yea, that pi$$es me right off too. I usually try go to the cinema when it is quiet to avoid situations like that.

(600 posts!! Go me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Why didn't you turn to him and say "you know Spiderman is real don't you? He comes after kids like you who don't shut your mouth when I'm trying to watch the film."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Better off going in the evening.

There are bound to be children there on a weekend afternoon when it's a film that appeals to kids as well as adults. Ideally they'd stay quiet, but sometimes kids don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You expected silence..in a cinema..on a Sunday afternoon?

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

It annoys me when anyone makes noise at all.
    Those people who crinkle their crisps far too loud, and then chew them far too loud, and the ones that chat constantly, or tee-hee the whole time.
    As for kids - if it's a matinee kids movie - well I wouldn't expect children to be quiet! - The main reason I hate going to kids movies - they're so feckin loud!
    And they laugh at such sh1t!
    But if it was 8pm or later, I would definitely say something to the parent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

The cinema? On a Sunday afternoon?! And kids going to see SPIDERMAN?!?

Next time, go to mass. Less and less kids there these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Jesus that drives me soft. Even if its in a pub. These constant questions and the parents answering them back on every poxy question.

Parents are worst then the children in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's has the body of a spider but the mind of a baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

My spider senses tell me OP doesnt like kids much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

You expected silence..in a cinema..on a Sunday afternoon?

Good luck with that.

There is no need for complete silence of course, but when I go to watch a movie I expect others to do what I do: to be quiet and not to disturb others.
    The parent should have told the child to talk more quietly, the son can't know unless someone teaches him manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Isn't that rated 12A? Oh that drives me up the wall. I know that means 12-unless-with-an-adult but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Rasheed wrote: »

Yeah, it seems like every child has parents these days too which is infuriating isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Maybe dress up as pedobear next time. That should get rid of the kids :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

My spider senses tell me OP doesnt like kids much.

Its spidey senses you fool!

Isn't that rated 12A? Oh that drives me up the wall. I know that means 12-unless-with-an-adult but still.

Still what?

It's 12A, the kid has as much right as you do to go to a 12A film as long as they're accompanied.

Of course they should be told to be a bit quiet by their parents but being annoyed that there's kids at a movie that's perfectly suitable for kids is a bit ridiculous.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems like every child has parents these days too which is infuriating isn't it?

Well thats obviously not what i ment but Ill explain shall I?
    if my child was disturbing other people in a public place, it is my job to correct them. Then they will know for the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Maybe you should go to a non kids film?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Still what?

It's 12A, the kid has as much right as you do to go to a 12A film as long as they're accompanied.

Of course they should be told to be a bit quiet by their parents but being annoyed that there's kids at a movie that's perfectly suitable for kids is a bit ridiculous.

At kids movies you expect there to be a certain level of noise but not at movies whose target audience is obviously higher than four. Then again unlike the OP I would've just asked the kid to keep quiet, or said something to the parent, if it was annoying me that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Going to the cinema used be a reasonably enjoyable experience.

True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Jesus that drives me soft. Even if its in a pub. These constant questions and the parents answering them back on every poxy question.

Well it's how they learn, by asking questions.I find it more annoying when parents ignore them.

Anyhow Sunday / Spiderman = noisy kids. Why not go after 8pm...no risk of kids then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Border-Rat wrote: »
    Its spidey senses you fool!

Set your phasers to cutting. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

theres a simple solution.wait for it on DVD and watch it on your 42inch telly.works me me :D

Well thats obviously not what i ment but Ill explain shall I?

You've got your humour detector set to full today I see.

If you notice who I was replying to you'll see it wasn't you.
    At kids movies you expect there to be a certain level of noise but not at movies whose target audience is obviously higher than four. Then again unlike the OP I would've just asked the kid to keep quiet, or said something to the parent, if it was annoying me that much.

So what was all your rabbiting on about "Isn't it 12A. I know that means 12-unless-with-an-adult but still." then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

tan11ie wrote: »
    Well it's how they learn, by asking questions.I find it more annoying when parents ignore them.

Anyhow Sunday / Spiderman = noisy kids. Why not go after 8pm...no risk of kids then.

Oh I understand that, but there is a time and place. 90% of children are fine, and I know you have to make exceptions for them but what annoys me is the constant questioning, the constant answering in a public place where silence or at least hushed voices are called for. Another example is mass.

The OP stated that she didn't mind the other children, it was the child speaking in normal tone and that the father did not ask the child to whisper if they needed to talk. But I do agree with your point that you run the risk of noisy children at matinee times. You live and learn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just book the whole screen for yourself problem solved

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

You should have slapped the boy and then the father

and then the boy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

best time to go to the cinema is midweek, afternoon, on your own, no other people. its other people that ruin everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It would piss me off big time if the father did not tell the child to stfu. Father probably had no interest in the movie.
    I would not go to this movie in the afternoon knowing there would be kids there.4 I generally go to the movies during the week when kids are in school so no chance of them annoying me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Children under a certain age have a short attention span so really shouldn’t be brought to the cinema. The last time I was at the cinema there was a couple with a three year old and a baby in a pram now that’s just selfish and bad parenting.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Children under a certain age have a short attention span so really shouldn’t be brought to the cinema. The last time I was at the cinema there was a couple with a three year old and a baby in a pram now that’s just selfish and bad parenting.

what movie was it? barney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Young kids being brought to 12As is bad parenting in some cases imo.

When the dark knight was out a few years back i had no choice but to go to a day show, there was kids as young as 4 watching the joker slam a pencil through a guys eye !!!!!! the joker was a real psychopath character i would not want my kids to see that till they were approaching teens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

You know what pisses me off about after hours is everyone trying to be a smartarse, or just disagreeing for the sake of it.

The OP had a genuine gripe about a noisy kid, the fact it was a kids movie or that it was during the day shouldn't matter.

hondasam wrote: »
    what movie was it? barney?

I was going to see the avengers they were going to a kids movie next door but even so the cinema is no place for a three years old and baby.

I was going to see the avengers they were going to a kids movie next door but even so the cinema is no place for a three years old and baby.

Hang on you are complaining about parents who brought kids to the same building as you not the same cinema?
    Hardly the same thing is it? I don't see anything wrong with kids going to a kiddy movie.

hondasam wrote: »
    Hang on you are complaining about parents who brought kids to the same building as you not the same cinema?
    Hardly the same thing is it? I don't see anything wrong with kids going to a kiddy movie.

A cinema is too loud for a baby and a three year old it too young to sit through a whole movie.

• Advertisement

A cinema is too loud for a baby and a three year old it too young to sit through a whole movie.

I don't agree on the three year old, some will be engrossed in the movie. The baby and the loud, maybe but depends on the child really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

If it was an adult talking, would people who think the OP is wrong to be annoyed let it go? Yeah, it was a kid, but the parent should have told the kid to be quiet. Same thing with parents letting their kids run around in restaurants, so on. Waiting at the bus station earlier today, one kid was running around, rolling about the floor, people nearly tripping over him constantly. It's not on. I'm not a child hater and I'm not saying people should gag and bolt their kids to whatever they want them to sit on, but have a little bit of cop on and realise that there's others around who don't want to listen to a six year old do a running commentary of a film or think it's adorable how your child loves rolling around the floor and crawling underneath seats.

Advertisement