Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what happens when two one parent families become 1 family?

• 08-07-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have been dating my female neighbour since early january. I am male and look after my daughter(4yr) 24/7/365. I get opfp and have done for the last 4 yr and have not worked in these four years. My neighbour has a son (3yr) she does get opfp and works partime, her rent allowace is means tested every month. She is being let go from her job in 4 weeks she has worked there 4yr. We plan to move to a different part of ireland, move in together and basically become a family. She says she will look for work when we move and i may too as my daughter will start school this year or i will do the parenting when partner is away at work im unsure. But anyway in the mean time while we will be both unemployed and jobless, Does anyone know how much we would get weekly as a 2 parent family with two kids on the welfare? Do we have to prove we are dating for a certain period of time? What benefit should we apply for? I have googled this situation we are in and cant find any info. I have a gut feeling for some reason it maybe tricky? Hopefully im wrong. Thanks for reading and any feed back would be great. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If it was means tested JSA, you would get €188 + €124 + €29.80 +€29.80 per week (371.60). I'm not sure about rent allowance as you would have left your home.

Your partner may get JSB as they have been working but it may be less than JSA as she was working part time. Best for her to apply for JSB with you as a dependant adult and the kids on the same claim as its not means tested. If that wont work then one of you will have to apply for JSA.

As long as you are both living in the same house, they will treat you as co-habiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 imindoubth

Thank you wmpdd3 for the information, that was just what i was looking for :)

Advertisement