Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending files from pc to galaxy

Options
  • 08-07-2012 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

i want to be able to send files from my pc to my phone remotely.is this possible?in other words if im in timbuktu and my pc is in limerick can i transfer a file from it to my phone?and what is the easiest way to do it?by the way they would be large video files.350mb and up.

Comments

Something like dropbox or google drive would work. If you have either of these set up on your phone and pc. You have a folder on each device which link to where it is stored online.
    For example I have my phone set up so that when my phone is connected to wifi it backs up all my new photos. when i turn on my laptop it automatically retrieves the photos for me.
    Dropbox gives you 2Gb free and Google drive gives you 5Gb, so if you use both you would have 7Gb free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

wextext wrote: »
    Something like dropbox or google drive would work. If you have either of these set up on your phone and pc. You have a folder on each device which link to where it is stored online.
    For example I have my phone set up so that when my phone is connected to wifi it backs up all my new photos. when i turn on my laptop it automatically retrieves the photos for me.
    Dropbox gives you 2Gb free and Google drive gives you 5Gb, so if you use both you would have 7Gb free.

Thanks for your reply.i ended up using team viewer and air droid.
    With google drive the files need to be already in a certain folder where as id like to be able to just pick a random file/movie and put it on my phone/laptop etc.
    So with team viewer I can control my pc with the phone and use airdroid etc etc.
    But you put ideas in my head thanks.

Advertisement