Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Refund

Options
  • 08-07-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey guys.

Back in February my flight to Germany was cancelled due to a dispute at Frankfurt Main and I applied for a refund, but Ive yet to get the refund. I didnt book it, my girlfriend in Germany did, and they wont deal with me, only her. Shes asked them several times to get a refund, called them and re-emailed them, they said 2 weeks but still nothing.

Is there anything more we can do? She has to call them and they arent being very helpful
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I think you would be better off posting your query in the Travel forum .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Delancey wrote: »
    I think you would be better off posting your query in the Travel forum .

I'd say Consumer Issues would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Thanks guys, I just seen some other comments in this forum about it so thought here was the best place. I shall repost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

its common with shops and other retailers and service providers that any refunds must be made back to the original card.

Aer lingus arent being unduly any more awkward than you would otherwise expect.

They are slow when processing claims as I found when looking for compensation after they mangled a nice samsonite bag of mine, but just because its slow doesn't mean its not being processed.

regarding them fobbing her off on the telephone.
    Aren't those on the phone there to deal with bookings and not complaints?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

its common with shops and other retailers and service providers that any refunds must be made back to the original card.

Aer lingus arent being unduly any more awkward than you would otherwise expect.

They are slow when processing claims as I found when looking for compensation after they mangled a nice samsonite bag of mine, but just because its slow doesn't mean its not being processed.

regarding them fobbing her off on the telephone.
    Aren't those on the phone there to deal with bookings and not complaints?

They have a customer support section that she was directed to by an operator. I'm ok with slow, but, 5 months? Thats now slow. Been reposted in the proper forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement