Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can u controll alarm panels via i phone/internet

Options
  • 08-07-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

just looking for an alarm if one exists that i can control via my laptop or iphone. this is because i have an empty house in the country which is vacant all week and i 'm there weekendsif alarm went off how can i unset it or reset it again

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This is the one you want.

Accessible via any browser, an iPhone app & there's an Android app due to be released very soon. Also has controls for home automation where you can switch devices & outputs as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I'd hold off if you can till September ... A new panel is ment to be released by HKC that will allow Internet access .. There wireless technology is amazing when it comes to jamming

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What jamming are you referring to TB?
    There has been no indication of any issues with successful jamming of wireless alarm devices. If you are suggesting Siemens or other wireless devices can be jammed & HKCs can not I hope you have some pretty good material to back that up . Otherwise its defamation, & we can't have that.
    The Siemens is the only panel at the moment with IP for the end user. AFAIK HKC haven't even announced a date for their IP panel . And we all remember the delays with the Quantum.
    There is comparison of the HKC 1070 and Siemens here The differences can be easily seen if the OP wants more information on them .

Not at all . I just really like there jamming detect technology

RF sensor jamming ... not GSM

• Advertisement

All wireless systems have jam detection technology. If you ever get to do some training on them you can see it in action.

KoolKid wrote: »
    All wireless systems have jam detection technology. If you ever get to do some training on them you can see it in action.
    I have seen it in action
    But it depends on how long the signal is being transmitted for and also how powerful the signal is .... True ?
    They have to have a limit or else theyd be giving false alarms

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Zent9tT7E
    Just an example of a 2 way being Jammed
    Yes I know it's 433mhz

Yes I know it's 433mhz
    Old technology and not really relevant to the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 flantastic

thanks for all the information lads, i'll look into getting the siemens panel .

• Advertisement

If you need any help with it you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

flantastic wrote: »
    thanks for all the information lads, i'll look into getting the siemens panel .
    good choice, the 4320 will do what you need

Jnealon wrote: »
    good choice, the 4320 will do what you need

My thoughts exactly. Great value in that kit now.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes I know it's 433mhz

That is not a 2 way device?

altor wrote: »
    Yes I know it's 433mhz

That is not a 2 way device?

The info below the Vid states that it is :)

[sigh]
    How did we get from IP panels to this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement