Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the biggest crime you will openly admit to on here?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

charlemont wrote: »
    RAMPS AHEAD becomes TRAMPS AHEAD
    Concealed Entrance becomes Congealed Entrance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I used to stuff tissue paper up the slot on the old phones where you got a refund by pressing button B if you didnt get an answer..

Had all the phoneboxes in my area rigged up,kept me in sweets and cola for a long time till i got some competition,and then my game was up:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

seamus wrote: »
    Technically, drug dealing, possession with intent to supply. Bought £20 worth of hash in school at 16 then split it between me and 3 mates.
    Sold a young fella a tenspot of red leb for £20... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

Jonah42 wrote: »
    I publicly jaywalked in view of a ban garda, and she didn't do anything.

We have chaos, anarchy at times, on the streets of Donegal.

I can remember when I was 11... I'm minding my own business in the park and this guy, stranger to me, takes a piece of gum out of his pocket, puts it in his mouth..... and he just throws the wrapper on the ground.

He publicly litters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    I've commited crimes that would make Larry Murphy blush.

I'm also the real supplier behind the dundons, we just want everyone to think it's imported.

I have also been known to commit a few tiger kidnappings

Oh, where do you find the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I shot a guy in Limerick, just to watch him die.

Had listened to far too much Johnny Cash that month and the coke didn't help :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I killed a man with a trident, at a network rumble. Ron Burgandy seen me do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭CroatoanCat

I still tremble when I recall my Big Crime. I was about three years old, in the care-free, sunshiney days before school and the dawn of the 1980s. Although this particular day was a murky, rain-sodden one, if I recall correctly. Or perhaps it has only become so in my memory.
    Anyway, I was accompanying my Mammy up the town, for the messages. This being the market day, we had a look around the stalls. (Important note: This was not any class of farmer's market in the modern-day, organic foods sense. Not at all. Think tat and more tat.) Mammy kindly agrees to buy me one super cool John Travolta purse (black and white print of yer man's smiling head, lots of red stars). While she's paying the stall owner, I'm looking at his other wares when I spot a lone, discarded toy solider, obviously knocked loose from his fellows. Thinking my older brother would look benignly on me if I procured this lone ranger for him, I quickly pocket it. And look up to see stallholder eyeing me with intent and advancing slowly. For some reason, however, he decides to let me go, and I drag Mammy home as fast as my wee legs allow. In the door, and hide the soldier under my parents' bed in that perfectly logical way of a preschooler.
    I still feel the hot shame when I think of it. And my John Travolta purse was tainted by association and quickly discarded. Just like my 1970s innocence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Drove a car while drunk and crashed it when I was 23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Broke into a universal theme park when I was 10. I fuck you not;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'm embarrassed to admit this :o

But i'm currently on the social welfare. But I work 37 hours a week for my uncle's business.
    actually no i dont. just trying to rile up people. lol.
    BOHtox wrote: »
    You're robbing 4.6 million Irish people most of whom are taxpayers whether directly or indirectly.

ME: I think I stole 2 stinger bars from the local video renting store when I was in 6th class. Never did it again though. My conscience told me a lot that day.

Always read the small print dude :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Robbed a caravan when I was younger.

The caravan belonged to "The Bible Club".

I **** you not !

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

stole a microscope out of a hospital when i was 6 or 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I got stung with a fake €20 note. I couldnt remember where i might have got it from so I was stuck with it.

The oul wan sent me to the post office with €100, five 20 notes, to pay some bills. I knew the geriatric lady behind the counter would not spot a fake note so I placed my one in with the real cash and took 20 for myself. It worked but my heart was racing when she was counting the cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Arson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Vandalism and theft. But then, hasn't everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I once wore a Kylie and Jason t-shirt with bermuda shorts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Vandalised a local golf club. Years later I was interviewed for membership of the same club. The irony :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have no epic stories like these.

I'm just far too law abiding... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

falan wrote: »
    Arson.

About?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I farted once on the set of Blue Lagoon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

"The worst crime that I ever did was play some rock 'n roll"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not me (honestly) but an ex-friend who I no longer talk to burned down a primary school and stole a LOT of money from his employer. I have thought about shopping him, but I can't be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Kept library books and paintbrushes from school.
    The library system was lax, run by students ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Faking loads of Fifty Euro notes. Got past the EURion constellation scan foiler by removing them hand by hand with a tweezers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EURion_constellation

Got me hands on some Cotton Paper too for that extra crispy look.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_paper

(Very hard to get it, for obvious reasons)

Bought a few holograms from dodgy Chinese websites.

Because of the risk, I sold them at half their price. 25EUR for one 50EUR note

They sold like hotcakes in Glasnevin.

That's as far as my illegal activities go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

I don't like to use the word "rob" I call it "long term borrowing" so I worked in a well known travel agent and helped myself to borrow Money/pens/pencils/staplers/hole punch/ later I discovered nice hot woman who worked on the tv so followed her home days later managed to get a small ladder and peep at her back garden from the lane way and hacked into e-mails and FB. still haven't being caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Sandals and white socks, crocs and white socks..., I could go on.
    Insurgent wrote: »
    I once wore a Kylie and Jason t-shirt with bermuda shorts!

Wanna hang out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Bunked on a ferry to Corsica by mingling with other bikers as they boarded...

Travelled home from Faro to Dublin by syphoning petrol from unsuspecting motorists at every given opportunity just to keep my bike on the road after spending all my monies on beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

I dont display L plates or drive with a fully licenced driver i'm bad ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

akura wrote: »
    I dont display L plates or drive with a fully licenced driver

Realistically not many of us did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Drunk cycling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Hehehe, same here......except replace the word "bookies" with the words "drunken college girl walking home alone after a night out"

Maybe think that back to yourself and see is it actually funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

Realistically not many of us did.

True, its a stupid rule

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Maybe think that back to yourself and see is it actually funny.

Just followed your advice and I can confirm....it is funny. Thank you for encouraging me to experience it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Couldn't possibly say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not me (honestly) but an ex-friend who I no longer talk to burned down a primary school and stole a LOT of money from his employer. I have thought about shopping him, but I can't be arsed.

I know somebody that set fire to a primary school. Kinda by mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

akura wrote: »
    I dont display L plates or drive with a fully licenced driver

I don't know anyone that does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Just followed your advice and I can confirm....it is funny. Thank you for encouraging me to experience it again

a girl... walking on her own...taking advantage of her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I've broken many a heart and shattered some dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I defaulted on a €1.9m nursing home investment debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Downloaded some stuff...don't anymore with Streaming services and if there's music worth having I tend to pay now. Not proud of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Used to get two sausage rolls and a few sausages for lunch in college, then peel the sticker off so I'd only have to pay for the cheapest item.

/hardcore rebel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I was a priest>>>>there was a fund raiser and I decided to deposit the monies from the event into my own account temporarily, they ended up shipping me off to a small island to live with a drunken fck and a dizzy bastard priest all because the money was resting in my account.

I also kicked a Bishop up the arse once and almost had him convinced I didn't

a girl... walking on her own...taking advantage of her...

it....was.....a.....joke

lighten....up

Soups123 wrote: »
    I was a priest>>>>there was a fund raiser and I decided to deposit the monies from the event into my own account temporarily, they ended up shipping me off to a small island to live with a drunken fck and a dizzy bastard priest all because the money was resting in my account.

I also kicked a Bishop up the arse once and almost had him convinced I didn't

Soups, you ever bull**** me again and I will rip off your arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I haven't bought any music since I was 12 and just stick to downloading now.
    I've stolen numerous calculators, staplers, paper-hole punches, folders, rubbers and compasses from my school. I've also taken ink cartridges only to find out that they didn't fit my printer. Haven't bought a pen since first year. I just rob everyone elses :L
    Have books from the library that are about a year overdue and used to rob books from the library in my primary school when I used to attend.

Possession of weed and supply of it also :L Only to friends though.

That's about it :L

I haven't bought any music since I was 12 and just stick to downloading now.
    I've stolen numerous calculators, staplers, paper-hole punches, folders, rubbers and compasses from my school. I've also taken ink cartridges only to find out that they didn't fit my printer. Haven't bought a pen since first year. I just rob everyone elses :L
    Have books from the library that are about a year overdue and used to rob books from the library in my primary school when I used to attend.

Possession of Class A's and supply of them also :L Only to friends though.

That's about it :L

Your'e a geezer, you'll nick anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Your'e a geezer, you'll nick anything

As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, they yeah why not? :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Always read the small print dude :pac:

Whatcha mean?

You're robbing €188 a week that you're not entitled to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

i've robbed Peter to pay off Paul

Advertisement