Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a generator

Options
  • 08-07-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi - hope I have the right forum...I need to buy an electricity generator for commercial use. It will need to run 3 things:
    a 2.4 Kw oven, a fridge, a heated display unit and possibly a couple of lights.

Any advice is welcome here (even if it's just a pointer to the correct forum) but I think I need to know:
    Is it possible for a single generator to provide this much power at once for up to about 8 hours at a time?
    Does it need to be diesel?
    How big are these things? I've seen generators that are both small and prettly large but this thing will need to be easily transportable in a van.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

I know a guy who has one about the right size, he has a mobile coffee shop, it's a diesel wheeled unit. I'll find out where he got it in a few days and post back here.

One thing NOT to buy for that application are the "2.5kW' or so units you see in Aldidl for a couple of hundred. They are OK for a drill or the likes but you get what you pay for.

Edit: he hot his from stephill generators via N.I.

Advertisement