Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicy food challenge

Options
  • 08-07-2012 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

My dad's been watching a lot of Man vs Food and is now desperate to try a spicy food challenge. Not one of those 'eat ridiculous amounts of food' challenges, because I know there are plenty of them. What he wants is a challenge to eat something super spicy, like how on Man vs Food, the host had to eat 10 insanely spicy chicken wings.

Is there anywhere in Dublin doing one of these kinds of food challenges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

I went with my then boyfriend once to burritos and blues on Wexford St and, bragging that I was seriously bad-ass with my spicy food and had been raised on my dad's super hot curry, I ordered the hottest salsa on their menu, in bulk. It took me roughly three quarters of an hour to eat it, and it was so hot that tears streamed down my face and I went through three bottles of coke, but I refused to leave it or admit that it was too spicy.

So yeah! If you want a self-set challenge, off you go.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm still looking for something to catch me out. I'm a spice fiend. There's a place in Dundrum (under Hamleys) that do a ghost chilli chilli. It's something I want to try as it should be proper hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

antodeco wrote: »
    I'm still looking for something to catch me out. I'm a spice fiend. There's a place in Dundrum (under Hamleys) that do a ghost chilli chilli. It's something I want to try as it should be proper hot.

I've had it! It's terrifying, but really nice. Blistered my mouth a little, though!

I think my dad has tried it, too. I'll suggest it to him if he hasn't.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

scotch bonnet, birds eye, ghost, habanero chilli, i love them all but i cant get my hands on habaneros in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

scotch bonnet, birds eye, ghost, habanero chilli, i love them all but i cant get my hands on habaneros in dublin
    Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer street.

If your into seriously spicy sauces buy them online there's good few sites I always use chilli seeds.co.uk I used a small amount of there ten minute burn sauce in bowl chilli other night and yep I felt it!! Ha. Bout 7 mil Scovilles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Go to Charlies and order their most spicey dish. And then ask an extra cup of spicey sauce and put it on top of it all.

I shat fire for 3 days.

Advertisement