Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Losing stuff

• 08-07-2012 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Today, when I was walking home from swords, due to events, I lost two games. I am ****ing gutted chaps(and lasses). Have you ever lost anything round and about, phones or what have you, that you've been gutted about?

*Not literally gutted, before someone makes the obvious AH joke
    **Not virginity either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Lost me virginity years ago followed shortly by losing my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

What games did you lose?
    "Walk home from Swords as fast as you can" games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Were you playing I-Spy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I mean games I actually bought, from the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

What, did snakes and ladders just fall out of your pocket?

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    What sort of idiot buys games of I-Spy?

And what sort of brazen shopkeeper is selling them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Ive lost 2 iPhones this year, an iPod, a sat nav and a 3DS. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There's two scumbags on the street somewhere getting great craic out of Buckaroo and Operation now in between heroin fixes.

"Some buzz outta this fella with the red nose, wha?"

They were in a paper bag. It rained, I had headphones in, the bag ripped, didn't notice the games fall out.

They were in a paper bag. It rained, I had headphones in, the bag ripped, didn't notice the games fall out.
    That's because there was nothing in the bag in the first place! The shopkeeper saw you coming and decided to try to sell you a game of I-Spy. You were conned.

Would you like to buy some magic beans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lost an expensive mobile phone years ago late on christmas eve. the sound taxi man brought it back from greystones (to raheny).i repaid him with an expensive bottle of wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Similar thing happened to me but it was a battered sausage I lost. I was gutted :(
    I was about 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ive lost 2 iPhones this year, an iPod, a sat nav and a 3DS. :(
    Im sure a professional thief is just following you, your feeding his family :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I'm a bit lost in this thread tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Lost a very expensive piece of gold on the piss a few yrs back,still annoyed about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Today, when I was walking home from swords, due to events, I lost two games. I am ****ing gutted chaps(and lasses). Have you ever lost anything round and about, phones or what have you, that you've been gutted about?

*Not literally gutted, before someone makes the obvious AH joke
    **Not virginity either.

Due to what "events"?

What games were you playing? Maybe you'll win next time...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

El Weirdo wrote: »
    That's because there was nothing in the bag in the first place! The shopkeeper saw you coming and decided to try to sell you a game of I-Spy. You were conned.

ah, is that it. wish I too was at my most productive in the land of kiddy make-believe

Im sure a professional thief is just following you, your feeding his family :D
    Perhaps:D

Around €1000 worth of gear lost this year, I feel sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I once left a mobile on the sink in a restaurant toilet. In Florida...

Went home, looked everywhere for it, remembered I put it down and didn't pick it back up. Was midnight, restaurant was an hour away and I was flying home the next day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Would you like to buy some magic beans?

You're trying waay too hard

• Advertisement

You're trying waay too hard
    But I've really got to get rid of these beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

But I've really got to get rid of these beans.

Flick them away, that should get rid of them! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

I lost €20 and found it over three months later. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Swords is a bit like the bermuda triangle for losing stuff, I'm from there but have yet to see any of my siblings or friends hold onto a phone on a night out-and not from being stolen even,the pubs have magnetic seats or something.
    I am obsessed with watches, particularly casios and especially g-shocks. Have recently realised I can't find two old ones-one I only remembered from some photos I pulled out, which I guess got lost between house moves in 2008/2009..bugging the hell out of me still.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

Lost a 4th gen iPod, in London I think. I don't miss it all that much, just wish I'd enabled the "find my iPod" feature so I could've may found it or at least erased it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Lost my sunglasses. They were also polarized prescription ones! I was sure I left it in my car's dash...

I lost my mind a long time ago. I'm just a stupid fat piece of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Expensive jackets and phones. And glasses too. Getting contacts was a smart move. Now I only wake up in them sometimes thinking OH MY GOD MY EYES. It's all good though.

Shryke wrote: »
    Expensive jackets and phones. And glasses too. Getting contacts was a smart move. Now I only wake up in them sometimes thinking OH MY GOD MY EYES. It's all good though.
    You should get laser eye surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I remember as a kid on more then one occasion bringing toys to bed with me and falling asleep leaving them somewhere in the bed next to me. Id wake up and they would have vanished !!! No where to be found look all over me room all over the house no sign anywhere. To this day I've still idea where they went.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Perhaps:D

Around €1000 worth of gear lost this year, I feel sick.
    You can make it up by spending the 30,000 you were wingeing about later on. Oh poor me losing stuff even though I am now loaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

I left my scarf on the bus last year. I was gutted, but it was actually handed in to the lost and found of dublin bus.

Advertisement