Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vaping and sensitive teeth

Options
  • 08-07-2012 11:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else get sensitive teeth when they vape?

I dont always get it.. but if I'm chain vaping the RDA I guess I have the drip tip pretty much a few mm away from my teeth as I draw in and I always place it in the same place on my lips so the vapour is always wooshing over the same tooth or two

not sore or anything, and I can just switch over to the other side of my mouth until it goes away but.. figured i'd ask if it was just me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Hasn't ever happened me, have you sensitive teeth anyway, or is it just vaping brings it on??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just the vaping, there's so much plaque on my teeth I could bite into a glacier and not feel anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Dunno so, maybe something in the juice is getting adsorbed through your gum , and annoying the **** outta the nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭borygo77

I've found on another forum that couple lads had same issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeah, I get a bit of a funny feeling sometimes, especially if I vape straight after brushing my teeth. I try to position the drip tip so that it's inside my teeth and I'm not pulling vapour directly on to them and that helps.

Coincidentally it only started after I read about how PG can penetrate dentine (link).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 charliej

If it's not just sensitive but painful too, than that could be a PG allergy. 100% (or near 100%) VG liquid won't cause this (but 100% VG will have less TH and flavour).
    Also if you take vitamin C, 2-4000mg per day than it will also sort out your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

For whatever reason, it was only when i used Dekang juices did i notice any sensitivity which was a good while back now.

I heard about that before, it's a bit strange, because I believe that Dekang is creating a high quality liquids (even it's in China).
    As far as I know they using a 50pg/50vg as default (however if somebody place a big enough order, than they can even ask for different mixes).

I also know that some flavours might cause that kind if symptoms.
    There's liquid manufacture which made loads of tests with volunteers to find out what PG/VG percentage and which flavours could cause that issues for some people. (Not Dekang :-) )

However if it's sorted, than that's the best! ;)

charliej wrote: »
    I heard about that before, it's a bit strange, because I believe that Dekang is creating a high quality liquids (even it's in China).
    As far as I know they using a 50pg/50vg as default (however if somebody place a big enough order, than they can even ask for different mixes).

I also know that some flavours might cause that kind if symptoms.
    There's liquid manufacture which made loads of tests with volunteers to find out what PG/VG percentage and which flavours could cause that issues for some people. (Not Dekang :-) )

However if it's sorted, than that's the best! ;)

Dekang not around the 75 PG and 25 VG mark?

It also gave me the worst dose of lactic acid, it is advisable to drink plenty of water anyway and it helps help get rid of that.

There are so many juices and vendors out there now, i just hope it gets to the point soon enough when it is regulated if that will be the case so we know what we are vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

derra wrote: »

...i just hope it gets to the point soon enough when it is regulated if that will be the case so we know what we are vaping.
    B-b-but then it'll be even more expensive...

I don't want to have to quit vaping!

• Advertisement

derra wrote: »
    There are so many juices and vendors out there now, i just hope it gets to the point soon enough when it is regulated if that will be the case so we know what we are vaping.

You are right.
    However there are serious liquid manufactures out, who carried out (and do it for every new liquids and flavours), official tests by a third party laboratory, where the liquids examined for all possible harmful ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Derra;
    It also gave me the worst dose of lactic acid, it is advisable to drink plenty of water anyway and it helps help get rid of that.
    Thats leg cramps isn't it? if so you have explained something for me. Chocolate helps :)
    As to SDCC's issue, could it be because PG is so sweet?
    Oh and the disclaimer;
    'I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV'

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Thats leg cramps isn't it? if so you have explained something for me. Chocolate helps :)
    As to SDCC's issue, could it be because PG is so sweet?
    Oh and the disclaimer;
    'I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV'

Squeezing some fresh lemon into water is very good for it as well.

VG be more sweeter but PG carries the flavours better.
    If you do get a bad dose of lactic acid in your legs it be most likely due to high PG percentage in the juice.

Oh and the disclaimer;
    'I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV' :)

Advertisement