Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating year

• 08-07-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello, I need some help, because I can't find this information anywhere.

I studied 1st year in carlow, which due to late grant, i was forced to leave.
    I failed that year, and I intend on going back in 2013, if they accept me, since I failed, I won't have a grant.

I would have to pay just the normal fees, which are 2000 euro, or is there anything extra I would need to pay, to be allowed to repeat the entire year?

Thank you

Comments

seize10 wrote: »
    Hello, I need some help, because I can't find this information anywhere.

I studied 1st year in carlow, which due to late grant, i was forced to leave.
    I failed that year, and I intend on going back in 2013, if they accept me, since I failed, I won't have a grant.

I would have to pay just the normal fees, which are 2000 euro, or is there anything extra I would need to pay, to be allowed to repeat the entire year?

Thank you

Some courses (Level 6 Higher Cert) are subject to both a student services fee and a tutorial fee afaik. Im not sure which is which but the fee your referring to has increased by €250 bear in mind. The other fee is €850. Hope this is of some help to you. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

It also depends on the time of year that you left and if the college claimed your "free fees" for that year. If you left after Christmas the chances are that the college claimed the fees for you. This means that you aren't entitled to free fees again for that year of the course. In some cases this can be 3k on top of the 2k reg fee. If you claimed the VEC grant also that means you wont get that again either. Your best bet is to call into the college and check with them to see what the fees are and if they claimed the fees. I was in a similar situation a few years ago but luckily they didn't claim the tutorial fees for me.

Advertisement