Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTV question?

Options
  • 08-07-2012 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, say for example a house is for sale for €250k but the banks values it closer to €350k after a valuation,Would the bank in that instance grant the €250k (100% mortgage) as the loan is less than 92% of the value??

I have a deposit,but just something I was wondering about, like was it based on the asking price or the valuation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

They will almost certainly use whichever is the lower of the valuation and the actual selling price (which might be above or below asking price - more likely below).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cob655

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

cob655 wrote: »
    Hi, say for example a house is for sale for €250k but the banks values it closer to €350k after a valuation,Would the bank in that instance grant the €250k (100% mortgage) as the loan is less than 92% of the value??

I have a deposit,but just something I was wondering about, like was it based on the asking price or the valuation.

Where a purchase being completed the banks valuer won't value the property over and above the agreed purchase price unless it's a sale to family members at below market value. The bank will always lend 92% of the valuation or the contract price - whichever is the lessor.

Advertisement