Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your favourite area of your house? (People who live in flats can feck off)

• 09-07-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

I'm a patio man myself. I'm not in fact admitting my occupation is laying patios but that my favourite part of my house is the patio. I've got a nice comfortable chair on it which is ripe for chilling. I'm fortunate to have a garden that is relatively secluded which is also a bonus. I do enjoy sitting on my patio in the late afternoon and on a summer's day drinking a couple of beers, enjoying the fresh air sat on my patio, life is bliss. :cool:

My patio beats off close competition from my airing cupboard. My airing cupboard's top, it's got lots of warm soft towels in there which is pretty great let's be honest.

What's the favourite part of your house?

Also I don't want some clever cunt piping up and saying my helipad or something daft unless you actually have one. I want a serious debate in After Hours for once... :pac:
    I don't actually care. Go mad.

Your favourite area of your house 130 votes

Hall
    0% 0 votes
    Dining Room
    0% 0 votes
    Living Room
    0% 0 votes
    Sitting Room
    8% 11 votes
    Office
    12% 16 votes
    Kitchen
    3% 5 votes
    Bedroom
    8% 11 votes
    Guest Bedroom
    37% 49 votes
    Basement
    0% 1 vote
    Wine Cellar
    0% 1 vote
    Shed
    0% 1 vote
    Garden
    0% 0 votes
    Billiard Room (if anybody's got one)
    5% 7 votes
    Conservatory
    2% 3 votes
    Study
    1% 2 votes
    Patio
    2% 3 votes
    Front drive
    1% 2 votes
    Bathroom
    0% 1 vote
    Downstairs Toilet
    4% 6 votes
    Garage
    0% 1 vote
    Stair Cupboard
    0% 1 vote
    Airing Cupboard
    0% 0 votes
    Utility Room
    0% 1 vote
    I'm homeless
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    6% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Everywhere in my flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

...the bedroom:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

The loftiest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

My rumpus room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I'm female so have to say kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

under my bed to be specific

I wonder was Joseph Fritzl ever asked this question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The highest branch

Bedroom for me!
    Yea for me too. Nothing to do with sex either. I just love getting the head down when I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

sitting room where my home theatre is!

hondasam is either rocking the sarcasm or her account is hijacked! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Well, I live in a flat, so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Yea for me too. Nothing to do with sex either. I just love getting the head down when I can.

I use to spend a lot of time in the bedroom as a teenager (which teenager doesn't to be honest). I'm trying to limit my time in there though just for sleeping. I was reading into Feng Shui and they said you should eliminate all clutter in your bedroom and just use your bedroom for sleeping for peace of mind.

That saying I am in my bedroom posting on my laptop now :o. I just think it's a bad habit to get into staying in your bedroom all day and watching tv etc. in your bedroom. I also get bored easily and feel more down if I stay in my bedroom all day even if I'm sat on a desk surfing the net or playing computer games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

sitting room where my home theatre is!

hondasam is either rocking the sarcasm or her account is hijacked! :D

Hondasam sarcastic, get outta town.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Eh, I live in a flat (apartment), and my favorite part is the patio (porch) space. We have a garden on the front one where I'm growing peas, beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, peppers and about a dozen types of herbs and flowers, and a BBQ grill, hammock, table, and several Adirondack chairs on the back one. Plus the back porch has a roof and is screened in, so we can grill when it rains and eat without being attacked by bugs. :cool:

Plus, living in a rented flat, our landlord takes care of all the mowing and yard work. So on Saturday mornings, I watch my neighbors mowing and hedge-trimming in the hot sun, while I sit on my porch reading the paper and drinking my coffee, while occasionally munching on the snap peas growing two feet away... :D

Yay for apartment life!

Eh, I live in a flat (apartment), and my favorite part is the patio (porch) space. We have a garden on the front one where I'm growing peas, beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, peppers and about a dozen types of herbs and flowers, and a BBQ grill, hammock, table, and several Adirondack chairs on the back one. Plus the back porch has a roof and is screened in, so we can grill when it rains and eat without being attacked by bugs. :cool:

Plus, living in a rented flat, our landlord takes care of all the mowing and yard work. So on Saturday mornings, I watch my neighbors mowing and hedge-trimming in the hot sun, while I sit on my porch reading the paper and drinking my coffee, while occasionally munching on the snap peas growing two feet away... :D

Yay for apartment life!

Your flat sounds the business :cool:. I'm going to get one myself and move out of my parents once I have the money (I'm 21 and just finished uni). I need one of them jobs first you see.

I don't know what an apartment is though :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

what no atari jaguar room?

what no atari jaguar room?

I was going to put the Atari Jaguar room in but I went for the Stair Cupboard instead. I keep a 11 year old boy in mine, the little sod claims he has magical powers :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

christ, the last time i saw a vote like that poll I walked out of the polling station wondering how in Gods name I managed to walk into such a misleading vote in the first place!

i'm naked in my living room ;) naked posting on boards ftw :D and i'm not alone :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I prefer the east wing, can't hear the help mumble from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I live in a single room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley.

Kurz wrote: »

are you the guy that resets the pins?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

I love my wardrobe. Thats where I go to cry

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

are you the guy that resets the pins?

No, he's Grimey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

I like the attic, few nicely placed peepholes, have to be quiet though when exiting and returning to my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

My home office is where I spend most of my time, especially when the weather's bad, but my garage runs a close second. They're both my mancaves.

I like the attic, few nicely placed peepholes, have to be quiet though when exiting and returning to my house.
    I don't believe you. Please post pictures. :mad:

Kurz wrote: »
    A bowling alley sandwich? Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I find myself spending more and more time on the toilet lately, with my laptop, posting on boards.ie

• Advertisement

I wonder as Joseph Fritzl ever asked this question.

way down in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 paul.

The floor, It keeps me up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

I don't believe you. Please post pictures. :mad:

NEVER in my 20,000+ postings on this site has my integrity been called into question before today, :mad::mad::mad:. Outraged does not begin to cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I prefer the east wing, can't hear the help mumble from there.

Gate Lodge man myself.

Particularly so when Phillida takes to the Sherry.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

my bedroom.. it's peaceful, and has my bed.. what's not to love :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bed, it has wifi, and keeps the scary real world at bay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I would probably say my sex dungeon:)

Chained to teh pipes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 maykitrayen

The spare room; It's where I have my computer setup, a nice comfy chair, some good speakers/headphones etc. and it's somewhere I like to go to be alone.

It's the beginning of a man cave but I haven't had the time or money to really invest in it. It's also just a box room so the space is quite limited, but within the next 12 months I'd like to have a nicer leather recliner, bigger monitor with the next iteration of the Xbox attached to it + computer attached for movies, an even nicer pair of headphones etc.

The rest of the house is "our" space as a couple so doesn't really count, although I do like our attic that we converted into a reading area/study. Being Ireland, it's quite nice to sit there and listen to the rain hitting the skylight on one of our many rainy days/nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

My bedroom because that's where my computer is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The attic. It's where my room is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

My balcony

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Ah yes i tend to have a ball of a time in my fancy wine cellar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

i have a lovely warm inglenook ...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

My bedroom because I dont leave it......ever

http://i.imgur.com/tKNUT.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

The kitchen. It has a nice few of trees....where I just stare...at...for................hours..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I live in a condo so, I suppose that's not a flat... I think the balcony is my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I can't help spending a lot I'd time in the bedroom, so there I suppose.

cocoshovel wrote: »
    My bedroom because I dont leave it......ever

http://i.imgur.com/tKNUT.jpg

Blues Brothers on DVD :cool:

Have to go with the Garden these days. Most of my hobbies and projects are done or practised there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I would say the sitting room where the home theater is but there's no fùckin' couch in the room for another week.

Have to make do with these gammy armchairs that are 60% polystyrene.

So I'll say one of the spare bedrooms because that's where my degus live in their cage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement