Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiere Pro Not Rendering

Options
  • 09-07-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

I've started having a serious problem with Premiere Pro CS6. It was working fine until today. Whenever I go to render (no matter what format I pick, no matter what Hard-Drive I choose for the Output, no matter what Scratch Disks I've picked) it gets to 65-66% and then stops and freezes and PP "is not responding" and I need to reboot.

It's a serious problem I need to get fixed quickly as I have a deadline of tomorrow to meet! ARGH!! :eek:

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Cheers

EDIT: I, of course mean transcoding - exporting my timeline to a .mov or .avi etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If the whole PC is freezing it may not be just a problem with Premiere. The program works the hardware a lot and could be showing up a hardware fault.

How many hard drives do you have in your PC? Can you try writing the file to another hard drive?

Maybe try cutting the file into smaller parts. Check event manager it might give you a better idea of whats actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

Cheers for the suggestion, but it's not the whole PC freezing, just PP. I'm running a brand new top-range PC with 6 HHDs, 2 SSD, i7-3820, 16gb RAM, GTX 570 etc, so 'tis nothing to do with that it seems.

I managed to get it to transcode by deleting previews and changing Video Rendering and Playback from "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)" to "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only". Any idea what the issue could be here? My GPU is functioning fine with everything else (including After Effects!?).

'Tis a bit of a nuisance. Not too much, I mean PP is working fairly well for me now, but without the GPU Acceleration, which is one of the big selling points of CS6 for me. Any ideas what's happening here?

I dunno if this might do better in a computer forum now that the problem has been (semi) identified? If a mod wants to move this, please feel free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

Oh, and I forgot to say, I managed to get my video rendered in time for the deadline by switching off the GPU Acceleration, so happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

'Tis a bit of a nuisance. Not too much, I mean PP is working fairly well for me now, but without the GPU Acceleration, which is one of the big selling points of CS6 for me. Any ideas what's happening here?
    Yeah, it was the reason I bought a Nvidia 460 at the time. I'm sure I've read something about this problem associated with GPU acceleration before so it may be a well known issue I'd check Abodes forums.

How are all your drivers? Up to date? Is PP up to date?

Advertisement