Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will concerts/events end?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering by what date should all main big events/concerts finish? Or at least be a formal/intelligent opera or something and not where there is over 1000 drunk people covered in mud walking around city streets on roads. Can someone tell me please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Depends on the venue and any conditions that may have been laid down by the city council.

The mud people find it hard to get taxis, so have no choice but to walk the streets like zombies.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Esel wrote: »
    Depends on the venue and any conditions that may have been laid down by the city council.

The mud people find it hard to get taxis, so have no choice but to walk the streets like zombies.

That's literally what I felt like, everyone just drunk, swinging, standing in middle of road, like some kind of dooms day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

arleitiss wrote: »
    That's literally what I felt like, everyone just drunk, swinging, standing in middle of road, like some kind of dooms day.

I guess, you passed Croke Park after one of the Westlife gigs? I did, got almost pushed of the bike by some...erm...zombies :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not quite sure what you are getting at. If you were actually serious and interested in something more "formal," you'd know Phantom of The Opera opened last week down at the Bord Gais Theatre and is running until the August Bank Holiday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hey, just wondering by what date should all main big events/concerts finish? Or at least be a formal/intelligent opera or something and not where there is over 1000 drunk people covered in mud walking around city streets on roads. Can someone tell me please?

god forbid we have intelligent zombies walking around city streets on roads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Not quite sure what you are getting at. If you were actually serious and interested in something more "formal," you'd know Phantom of The Opera opened last week down at the Bord Gais Theatre and is running until the August Bank Holiday.

By saying that, I mean where people would actually come:
    Clean, sober, fully dresed at night time and not dirty, half naked, drunk, careless on streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Clean, sober, fully dresed at night time and not dirty, half naked, drunk, careless on streets.

have you actually looked in fairness. The concert hall would be a good place to look at (www.nch.ie), BGE Theatre as mentioned has the Phantom of the Opera. The Gaiety is running Riverdance from end of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What are you actually asking?

There are plenty of well-behaved gigs of all types of music going on all the time.

Avoiding outdoor mud-pit/drunken debacles is very easy but if you're looking for a date when they'll stop I'd say Oct 3rd 2022.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

And you were expecting this at an event with Snoop Dogg and some dance/rave/whatever group?

Seriously, you're trying to pull legs here aren't ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

GIG'S FORUM.

And I wouldn't bother the moderators over there by moving this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement