Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu Co. Sligo.

Options
  • 09-07-2012 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering if anybody else experienced this when shopping in Supervalu, I called in to pick up a few groceries the other day and realised when I got home that I had been over charged, not by a lot but nevertheless over charged, I let it go but when I shopped in there again this evening the same thing happened. Some of the special offers they had were more expensive when I got to the check out, but I was home when I checked the receipt and realised what had happened.
    One wonders is this a simple error on their behalf or is there something going on under the radar that will bring in a few more euro’s for Supervalu. ;);)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Often pop into SV in Tubbercurry or Ballymote and I have never noticed a problem. Just out of interest, how much were you over charged by?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    I am just wondering if anybody else experienced this when shopping in Supervalu, I called in to pick up a few groceries the other day and realised when I got home that I had been over charged, not by a lot but nevertheless over charged, I let it go but when I shopped in there again this evening the same thing happened. Some of the special offers they had were more expensive when I got to the check out, but I was home when I checked the receipt and realised what had happened.
    One wonders is this a simple error on their behalf or is there something going on under the radar that will bring in a few more euro’s for Supervalu. ;);)

Yep. happened my wife in the one in Grange. After a couple of times she went back and complained. It was blamed on the IT people who do tthe barcoding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭I Need The Sun

This sorta thing is common enough. Nothing intentional I'm sure, just shoddy merchandising/shelf stacking.

I have experienced this at some stage in every supermarket or large store I've been in.

Particularly with special offers.

Store advertises special offer. Goods bar coded as such.

Special offer item runs out. Re-stocked with original full price bar coded goods.

I always watch the cash register. And decline goods when this happens. Cashiers are normally embarrassed and apologetic. Happy shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭xxfelix

Constantly happening in supervalu - ballisodare not by much but nevertheless happening....thats why i have gone away from them....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Grange is notorious for it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

And I thought it was only happening to me :D, I know I was not over charged by a lot (€1.00 in some cases) but I would prefer the money to be in my pocket than Supervalu in Ballysadare, It is very easy to blame it on bar coding but when it happens on quite a few occasions it gets you thinking, as for Supervalu in Grange I have found the staff that work there less than helpful, I have seen the owner of that shop verbally abuse staff in front of customers, a practice that one would not expect to see on a shop floor, take it into the office. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

There are huge fines of about (€3000) for stores that don't correctly display prices correctly on shelves for items.

The stores would get a list of price increases and decreases every week and would print out the new prices to be displayed on shelf. There really is no reason for this to be happening nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

This happens lots in supervalu ballymote a friend used to work there and she said you wouldn't believe how often it happens. They don't apply the discounts or offers to their system so its advertised but doesn't register at the till. Always check you receipt and change in SV ballymote.
    I don't go in there anymore fruit and veg is crap quality

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jimmy2pens

Yes this is a regular occurence in supervalu in T.curry, I always check the receipt against any of the special offers, this is usually were the overcharging happens. I only buy the bare essentials in there bread milk etc, never had this problem in Lidl!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I am just wondering if anybody else experienced this when shopping in Supervalu,

I have been overcharged in Dunnes and Tesco on several occasions. I don't shop in Supervalu so I can't comment on there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement