Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused Entry to McGettigans, Smithfield

Options
  • 09-07-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Not sure if this or AH is the right place. Mods feel free to move.

I am Irish Chinese and was refused entry today from McGettigans on Queen St., Smithfield. I had friends coming up from the country and we were going to the Snow Patrol gig in the Phoenix Park and they randomly picked this place.

So walked up the door. Sober as a judge. Had one drink in the pizza place next the Lighthouse Cinema with some food. Was no trouble. With my Irish girlfriend which I suspect he didn't see. Doorman looked me up and down and says locals only. I said I have friends in there that were not local. He didn't believe me. No, locals only he said.

So I ring my friends to say I'm not being let in and they came out to me. We asked why I wasn't being let in in the first place.

He was caught out and couldn't back it up and was shocked to hear my Dublin accent in full when I started calling him up on it. He went red and stuttered
    that I should have said I was meeting someone in there which I did but what does that matter?

Seriously in this day and age. I will make it a goal to have a pint in there. Dublin born and bred and I have never been treated like that anywhere in my home county or country. Kip!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Minimum €5K for racial discrimination there, imo.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

AsianDub wrote: »
    Seriously in this day and age. I will make it a goal to have a pint in there. Dublin born and bred and I have never been treated like that anywhere in my home county or country. Kip!

Why would you want to give them money after what happened? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

I guess its to prove a point. To sit there and rightfully have a pint.
    Money doesn't matter, its the principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Disgusting. I'd make a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

You are not missing much mate, next time go to the Dice Bar or Ryans both nicer pubs and not as many "locals".

I would also definitely be dropping a solicitors letter into them if I was you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What a wánker of a bouncer! I'd definitely make a complaint and tell the manager he'll be hearing from your solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Definitely make a complaint about that to the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CS_Runner

Racist pig, Defo a letter to management,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ok, I'm closing this for the following reasons.

• Legal Advice is being given, if the OP wants legal advice, which I don't think he does btw, he can seek it elsewhere.
    • The Pub in question has no immediate right of reply here, if they wish to post, they can contact me here via PM. Until they do, this thread is not going to become a "omg they r wnkrz innit" type thread. OP has made his point, there's no need to labour it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement