Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 pictures to sum up Iniesta

• 09-07-2012 2:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Think these sum it up best from Euro 2012 (first one is almost iconic)

CVgu9zaD.jpg

kUSFehSL.jpg

Best midfielder of all time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No

Phew, glad we got that sorted so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Those pictures are class, but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Has he not lost the ball in the first pic? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

lol - not the best midfielder of all time? Go on then - throw some names out there and say why they are better.

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    Phew, glad we got that sorted so quickly.

Sometimes there's just no need for discussion, the answer is that obvious.

darkman2 wrote: »
    lol - not the best midfielder of all time? Go on then - throw some names out there and say why they are better.

Why don't you tell us why Iniesta is the best midfielder of all time first? Two pictures that look well doesn't open discussion properly.

Why don't you tell us why Iniesta is the best midfielder of all time first? Two pictures that look well doesn't open discussion properly.

Well he pretty much orchestrated all the goals in the final - why not start with that?

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Has he not lost the ball in the first pic? :p

He retained it and played in Fabregas incidentally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pffft, he's got nothing on Steed:

steeeed.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Who's better than him?

He's surely up there.

Keane, Xavi, Zidane. And that's just from my lifetime.

Keane

Because one LOL is not enough

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:pac:

That's hilarious. Thought some fool would bring up Keane or Scholes. NOT A PATCH on Iniesta. Keane is not fit to shine his boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Iniesta best midfielder of all time?

1254415_FULL-LND.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This best sums up Iniesta for me.
    b64d2256de8e.jpg

Also Maradona has been doing those photos for years.
    article-0-000ecdf100000258-796_468x534.jpg

That's hilarious. Thought some fool would bring up Keane or Scholes. NOT A PATCH on Iniesta. Keane is not fit to shine his boots.

Cool, excellent rebuttal.

Now do the other two.

OK let's put it another way - in terms of skill and a football brain is he now the best midfielder ever?

OK let's put it another way - in terms of skill and a football brain is he now the best midfielder ever?

No ffs.

Keane, Xavi, Zidane. And that's just from my lifetime.

Aye Zico, Platini and Cruyff were alright as well at the football.

in terms of skill and a football brain is he now the best midfielder ever?

589e97f6ee7604c8fb960768041628c5.jpg

• Advertisement

See Post 2

Xavi depends on Iniesta......you can't have one without the other. Iniesta > Xavi for me though. Look at Iniesta's performance in Euro 2012 final - he was the one with the killer pass. Not Xavi. I think Xavi is world class but not quite as good as Iniesta. Of course some disagree but I think Iniesta is the motor of the Spanish team.

Pro. F wrote: »
    No ffs.

Why not? I have said he is. Prove he is not as best you can. Don't just say "no" and that's it.

Xavi depends on Iniesta......you can't have one without the other. Iniesta > Xavi for me though. Look at Iniesta's performance in Euro 2012 final - he was the one with the killer pass. Not Xavi. I think Xavi is world class but not quite as good as Iniesta. Of course some disagree but I think Iniesta is the motor of the Spanish team.

Well, I think Xavi is the mechanic of the team, there to fix the motor when it breaks down.

Aye Zico, Platini and Cruyff were alright as well at the football.

pffft none would have been in the Spanish team never mind the midfield. No disrespect but would one of them have made the Spanish midfield in Euro 2012? I doubt it.

Yes that pass to Alba never happened.

Incidently, Xavi is the first player to assist goals in two Euro finals so shove that up your proverbial tbh.

pffft none would have been in the Spanish team never mind the midfield. No disrespect but would one of them have made the Spanish midfield in Euro 2012? I doubt it.

258007_o.gif

Yes that pass to Alba never happened.

Incidently, Xavi is the first player to assist goals in two Euro finals so shove that up your proverbial tbh.

What goals? You are being silly now. It was Iniesta that ran midfield in the final and assisted mostly was it not?

Keno 92 wrote: »
    258007_o.gif

Who would have made it and why? Bare in mind we are talking about the greatest midfield as they are that the world has ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Darkman, how many pictures of Zidane does this thread need for you to give it up?

What goals? You are being silly now. It was Iniesta that ran midfield in the final and assisted mostly was it not?

Xavi set up two goals in the final. The one for Alba was the killer pass of the match. The other was for Torres.

Torres assisted Mata so....

Edit: Just had a look to check there Fabregas set up the first as well, so in fact Iniesta had no assist in the final.

Ah here :rolleyes:

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Yeah but it was Iniesta that played the killer ball (I think) for the 3rd goal to get Torres to assist Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Who would have made it and why? Bare in mind we are talking about the greatest midfield as they are that the world has ever seen.

Iniesta didn't get in Spain's midfield, he played as a wing forward ;)

Yeah but it was Iniesta that played the killer ball (I think) for the 3rd goal to get Torres to assist Mata.

Actually Mata came on for Iniesta.

• Advertisement

Actually Mata came on for Iniesta.

Shutup! He is still the greatest midfielder of all time.:pac:

Funny no one can say why Xavi is better.

Well this was just a resounding success for you!

Well this was just a resounding success for you!

Well no one has disproved he is the best. One character said (try to accept this without breaking your bollox laughing) that

Keane > Iniesta:D

Now Keane was better than most - but Iniesta? - eh no.

Why not? I have said he is. Prove he is not as best you can. Don't just say "no" and that's it.

There's no point in arguing with you, you'll just say stupid shít like Zico, Platini and Cryuff wouldn't have gotten into this Spanish team.

In order to have a debate both sides have to first agree to be reasonable. You are too unreasonable to be worth giving anything other than a simple yes or no answer to.

The pictures are cool. But the thread is pointless when you are the one pursuing the argument.

• Advertisement

There's no point in arguing with you, you'll just say stupid shít like Zico, Platini and Cryuff wouldn't have gotten into this Spanish team.

WHY would they have gotten in the Spanish team? Once again greatest midfield ever - why would any of them be playing in the Spanish team. Great players and all but with Spain's midfield now - I don't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Seeing that pic against Italy a million times dosent change the fact he dosent even have the ball in it!

Not at all. Put up a solid argument I will accept it.

Corholio wrote: »
    Seeing that pic against Italy a million times dosent change the fact he dosent even have the ball in it!

He got it back.

WHY would they have gotten in the Spanish team? Once again greatest midfield ever - why would any of them be playing in the Spanish team. Great players and all but with Spain's midfield now - I don't see it.

Because they were some of the greatest players ever. Silva got into this Spanish side and had a relatively quiet tournament, but Cryuff, Zico and Platini wouldn't have made this team? If you don't see it then there is something seriously wrong with how you see things. Sure you've been shown to see things that aren't there, claiming that Iniesta assisted most of the goals in the final when in fact he assisted none.

Well no one has disproved he is the best.

And you haven't proved he is the best either? You've made up "killer pass" stats after opening with him orchestrating every goal in the final then being proved wrong. I'd imagine you have no clue with what happened in that picture with Italy but you're just throwing out some stories to protect it's image.

It's down to opinion and when you're not willing to accept anyone elses what's the point. Iniesta is definitely up there... at the moment.

Zidane was a better player, Iniesta is in the two best teams in the world at their levels and is a tremendous cog in both machines. Teams were built around Zidane and he won games on his own. He obviously played in great teams too but none as good as the current Spain/Barca teams. He was the fulcrum of every team he played in, scored important goals with his head, either foot, inside the box, outside the box while contributing just as much with assists and incisive passing. Very few could do as much with the ball as Zidane and given he wasn't the fastest his intelligence to hold on to the ball and have the ability to beat players is something you don't see from many players lacking acceleration at the very top level.

Zidane is on a different level, Iniesta is not the best midfielder of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Iniesta is world class there is no doubting that, but he is not as good as Zidane or Xavi.

Zidane won the world player of the year three times and at 34 years old dragged a fairly **** France team to within a whisker of winning the world cup. Xavi is consistently rated as the heartbeat of both the Spain and Barca teams; he is nominated for the Ballon D'Or almost every year and where it not for the genius of Messi and Ronaldo he would surely have won it by now. He also consistently tops the assist and passing tables and is rated by his fellow pros as one of the best ever.

Silva got into this Spanish side and had a relatively quiet tournament

He was their assist leader and finished 1 goal behind Torres!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

on thread warning here please don't ignore it: adding a :pac: doesn't mean you can belittle someones else s opinion and arguably (not saying you are hense only an on thread warning) implying that another poster is a fool.

I agree just saying no isn't the most constructive of responses but you didn't prove he is the best either, it's your opinion as it is the opinion of the majority of posters (it would seem thus far) that he isn't. This is an opinion based thread and its impossible to prove an opinion is true as its just an opinion not fact so proof cannot really be shown either way and we need to accept people don't always agree with our opinions.

He was their assist leader and finished 1 goal behind Torres!

Three assists and two goals. Two of the goals and one assist came against Ireland. It's nothing earth shattering when you are talking about him keeping out players like Cruyff, Zico and Platini.

• Advertisement
Advertisement